Gordon College

Gordon College Employee Reviews

Warm and compassionate environment, fulfilling
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Wenham, MAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting friendly and nerdy younger students, reading excellent texts, collaborating with astute and personable professors
Cons: Nothing that would apply to Gordon, just personal struggles
Both of my jobs at Gordon College were instrumental in my personal development as well as my professional development. The College's employees cultivate a warm environment that focuses on growth and compassion. My first job was difficult, but incredibly fulfilling: I loved guiding classroom discussions into deeper territory and elucidating moments within a given text.
A great place to work
Presidential Fellow (Current Employee), Office of the ProvostApril 4, 2015
Pros: observer at top-level leadership meetings and events
Cons: position only available for one year
This is a prestigious fellowship/student work position, that affords me opportunities for leadership development. I learned about the intricacies of leading a big organization such as a 4-year college. My supervisor empowers me by giving me projects in which I can develop creative and problem solving skills.
Job autonomy and enjoyable work environment
Senior Apartment Coordinator (Current Employee), Wenham, MAJanuary 8, 2015
This job provides considerable autonomy and flexibility in work hours and task completion, as well as ample opportunity to serve and care for college students. Supervisors are supportive and invested in their employees.
Good job for a student
Teacher's Assistant for Intro to Programming (Former Employee), Wenham MANovember 9, 2013
This was only a job for students while they work, thus there was horrible potential. Other than that it was really chill and good.
Gordon
Student Worker/Fitness Center (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAAugust 13, 2013
While at Gordon College i enrolled in the work-study program so that i could make money while in college since i was complete on my own in terms of money. this was an unforgettable experience, not only because you have a job. but, it's a job at school. where you are learning and experience a lot.
Productive and fun working place
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: productive and flexible
Cons: disrespectful co workers
Very comfortable working environment and very educational
Hardest and best time in my life!
Seeking RN degree (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAJune 24, 2013
Pros: i loved it.
I completed three years and two full semesters in a nursing program. My clinical experiences as a RN student included varies check-offs i.e starting I.V's, head - to-toe assessments, medication administration, hospital clinicals NICU, med-surg, and much more.
Great School!!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAApril 22, 2013
Mande great friends
Learned a lot
Great professors
Fashion foward school
Gordon College was a great place to work. I was treated with respect, my fellow faculty members were supportive. Compensation was low.
Instructor of Nursing (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: academic setting is great for the intellectually curious, no weekend or night shift
Cons: the pay was very low for the amount of hours and energy required.
Generally, I arrived on campus at 0730 met with students, lectured 3 days a week, conducted skills lab, prepared test questions, attended departmental meetings, participated in departmental "self study" for
continued accreditation process, visited clinical facility evening prior to student clinicals to make patient care assignments,I left the campus around 1700.
Two days a week I accompanied students to the clinical setting and
supervised their clinical experience. My co-workers were great resource persons, each had expertise in different fields of nursing.
The hardest part of the job was finding enough time for lecture preparation. I ended staying up late at night researching and organizing lecture material but once I pulled it all together giving
the lecture was best part of the job.
Instructor of Nursing (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAMarch 22, 2013
Cons: the pay was very low for the amount of hours and energy required.
Two days a week I accompanied students to the clinical setting and
the lecture was best part of the job.
Good Job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAOctober 21, 2012
Was an excellent experience to get to know people and make a difference and also save money.
work study programs
Orientation Staff (Former Employee), Wenham, MASeptember 8, 2012
decently ran programs to help students pay for school
good work experience
managers were pleasant
A good place to work, if you have the right manager...
Various staff positions (Former Employee), Wenham, MAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: some great people & community
Cons: compensation is low, management can be poor
I held several positions over many years, off and on. I worked with and for some really great people, but I also worked under a couple really bad managers. I enjoyed my work and time there, but really wanted to get out from under my last boss. Unfortunately, it isn't always easy to move around. If not for him, I would have stayed until retirement.
Productive and fun work place
Residence Hall Monitor (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAJune 1, 2012
Pros: free dorms at gordon college
Cons: very tough schedules ( sometimes working at nights )
A typical day at work was making sure people would follow directions and be aware of students who were braking the rules.
What ive learned from this job was to properly use my rank in order to keep a safe enviorement at Gordon College.
My co workers were all fasinating and respectful.
The hardes part of the job was dealing with angry students
The most enojoyable part of the job was making friends with different students.