Gordon College Employee Reviews in United States

Laid Back But Interesting
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MANovember 13, 2015
I worked at my college as a custodian and generally it was easy. Sometimes, when the college had events there was a lot to do, but in general is was just something to pass the time with.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
A little boring
student focus
Administrative Secretary/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAOctober 14, 2015
I gained a lot of knowledge on how to network and build relationships with this job. We got a lot of benefits from surrounding businesses.
Pros
free lunched
Cons
low pay
Great Work Atmosphere
SECRETARY & PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MASeptember 18, 2015
This was a great job experience. I was able to work with a great team of staff and communicate well with them all. The administration was always very helpful giving direction and assistance as needed.
Pros
Free time.
Good work environment
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 2, 2015
Great work environment however, not as easy to move up in the company. Enjoyed working with the students and being a mentor while doing my job.
Warm and compassionate environment, fulfilling
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAMay 25, 2015
Both of my jobs at Gordon College were instrumental in my personal development as well as my professional development. The College's employees cultivate a warm environment that focuses on growth and compassion. My first job was difficult, but incredibly fulfilling: I loved guiding classroom discussions into deeper territory and elucidating moments within a given text.
Pros
Meeting friendly and nerdy younger students, reading excellent texts, collaborating with astute and personable professors
Cons
Nothing that would apply to Gordon, just personal struggles
A great place to work
Presidential Fellow (Current Employee) –  Office of the ProvostApril 4, 2015
This is a prestigious fellowship/student work position, that affords me opportunities for leadership development. I learned about the intricacies of leading a big organization such as a 4-year college. My supervisor empowers me by giving me projects in which I can develop creative and problem solving skills.
Pros
observer at top-level leadership meetings and events
Cons
position only available for one year
Job autonomy and enjoyable work environment
Senior Apartment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAJanuary 8, 2015
This job provides considerable autonomy and flexibility in work hours and task completion, as well as ample opportunity to serve and care for college students. Supervisors are supportive and invested in their employees.
Good job for a student
Teacher's Assistant for Intro to Programming (Former Employee) –  Wenham MANovember 9, 2013
This was only a job for students while they work, thus there was horrible potential. Other than that it was really chill and good.
Gordon
Student Worker/Fitness Center (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAAugust 13, 2013
While at Gordon College i enrolled in the work-study program so that i could make money while in college since i was complete on my own in terms of money. this was an unforgettable experience, not only because you have a job. but, it's a job at school. where you are learning and experience a lot.
Productive and fun working place
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJuly 14, 2013
Very comfortable working environment and very educational
Pros
productive and flexible
Cons
disrespectful co workers
Hardest and best time in my life!
Seeking RN degree (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 24, 2013
I completed three years and two full semesters in a nursing program. My clinical experiences as a RN student included varies check-offs i.e starting I.V's, head - to-toe assessments, medication administration, hospital clinicals NICU, med-surg, and much more.
Pros
i loved it.
Great School!!
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAApril 22, 2013
Mande great friends
Learned a lot
Great professors
Fashion foward school
Gordon College was a great place to work. I was treated with respect, my fellow faculty members were supportive. Compensation was low.
Instructor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAMarch 22, 2013
Generally, I arrived on campus at 0730 met with students, lectured 3 days a week, conducted skills lab, prepared test questions, attended departmental meetings, participated in departmental "self study" for
continued accreditation process, visited clinical facility evening prior to student clinicals to make patient care assignments,I left the campus around 1700.
Two days a week I accompanied students to the clinical setting and
supervised their clinical experience. My co-workers were great resource persons, each had expertise in different fields of nursing.
The hardest part of the job was finding enough time for lecture preparation. I ended staying up late at night researching and organizing lecture material but once I pulled it all together giving
the lecture was best part of the job.
Pros
academic setting is great for the intellectually curious, no weekend or night shift
Cons
the pay was very low for the amount of hours and energy required.
Good Job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAOctober 21, 2012
Was an excellent experience to get to know people and make a difference and also save money.
work study programs
Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MASeptember 8, 2012
decently ran programs to help students pay for school
good work experience
managers were pleasant
A good place to work, if you have the right manager...
Various staff positions (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAAugust 28, 2012
I held several positions over many years, off and on. I worked with and for some really great people, but I also worked under a couple really bad managers. I enjoyed my work and time there, but really wanted to get out from under my last boss. Unfortunately, it isn't always easy to move around. If not for him, I would have stayed until retirement.
Pros
some great people & community
Cons
compensation is low, management can be poor
Productive and fun work place
Residence Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 1, 2012
A typical day at work was making sure people would follow directions and be aware of students who were braking the rules.
What ive learned from this job was to properly use my rank in order to keep a safe enviorement at Gordon College.
My co workers were all fasinating and respectful.
The hardes part of the job was dealing with angry students
The most enojoyable part of the job was making friends with different students.
Pros
free dorms at gordon college
Cons
very tough schedules ( sometimes working at nights )