Gordon College Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAOctober 22, 2017
Great Christian campus, faculty and staff are very helpful and willing to give you opportunities to grow. I held multiple student positions and loved them all
Great place to work, everybody very nice
Student Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAOctober 9, 2017
Gordon is a great place to work, but there aren't many opportunities for career advancement. I didn't work much, because I was part time, but during the times that I worked, my boss was really nice and the staff were helpful. However, the attitude is just too laid-back and relaxed.
Intern experience
Coach (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MASeptember 19, 2017
i feel like i had a laid back experience at gordon. I didnt do much working seeing as i was a student at the time. I wasnt allowed to work more than 20 hours in a week.
Pros
great school
Sodexo at Gordon College
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAApril 24, 2017
My introduction to Sodexo was a very abrupt trial by fire experience. My GM was out for the first couple of days that I was there so, my information and orientation was self driven. I was working with a "replacement/temporary" chef and the hourly staff. When the GM did come in she was very standoffish and territorial. My job was to get control of and manage a culinary program that had gone through 8 executive chefs in 3 yrs. With very little help from any other unit managers and extreme pushback from the staff. We accomplished a lot and had some stumbles but looking back on my reviews and client comments I can say the 3 years I spent there were a success.
Pros
learning systems and tuning management skills
Cons
Tired, disgruntled, mean spirited underacheiving managers who should not be aloud to represent company or unit
Productive and appreciated
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAMarch 3, 2017
My day consists of cleaning bathrooms, vaccuming/mopping floors, and wiping down tables or glass. The management is great here and all of my supervisors are understanding of me being a working student. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand, but my coworkers are fun and caring.
Productive and enjoyable
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAFebruary 19, 2017
I worked at my college as well as a student so my supervisors made sure that there was a good balance being made and were careful not to overload me with work. I enjoyed the work environment because my supervisors were approachable and made themselves available to me whenever I needed them.
Gordon College
Biology Departmental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Working at Gordon College is a great experience, however it is not a great option for permanent work which is to be expected. It works well for college students.
Promising Career
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GA 30204November 11, 2016
Great career choice with benefits for the entire family. Opportunity to grow and advance in your studies. Team work throughout the different departments made the day go by fast and easy.
Benefits
Cons
Uniforms
Great Faculty
Captain of the swim team (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MANovember 4, 2016
The professors in my field of study are outstanding and helped prepare me for the workforce and future education. There are high expectations for proficiency and quality understanding of material.
easy going atmosphere
Anatomy Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAAugust 23, 2016
Work hours are only short time periods and tasks are not always clearly laid out or defined. I felt very lost in my position at times. Often felt I was asking the professor what I should do, to which I feel could have been avoided if I was briefed on what was expected of me.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
not many hours available
Fun environment to work in, they encourage you to try things and stretch yourself
Student Worker/Office Assistant for IT Department (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAJune 20, 2016
My co-workers are nice and easy to work with, they don't hesitate to help or ask for help. I learned a lot at my multiple jobs at Gordon, and it's fun to tell people about it. I also really like to help people with problems, whether they be big or small, and these jobs help me do exactly that.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Sitting inside too much
Productive workplace with learning opportunities
Spanish Department Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MADecember 19, 2015
Assisted faculty member with classroom instruction, exams, and grading.
Tutored and mentored students during office hours.
Monitored students’ academic progress and referred those who were struggling to campus resources.
Translated scholarly articles from Spanish to English and co-published a book with a professor.

I've learnt a lot through experience.
Laid Back But Interesting
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MANovember 13, 2015
I worked at my college as a custodian and generally it was easy. Sometimes, when the college had events there was a lot to do, but in general is was just something to pass the time with.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
A little boring
student focus
Administrative Secretary/office assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAOctober 14, 2015
I gained a lot of knowledge on how to network and build relationships with this job. We got a lot of benefits from surrounding businesses.
Pros
free lunched
Cons
low pay
Great Work Atmosphere
SECRETARY & PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MASeptember 18, 2015
This was a great job experience. I was able to work with a great team of staff and communicate well with them all. The administration was always very helpful giving direction and assistance as needed.
Pros
Free time.
Good work environment
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 2, 2015
Great work environment however, not as easy to move up in the company. Enjoyed working with the students and being a mentor while doing my job.
Warm and compassionate environment, fulfilling
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Wenham, MAMay 25, 2015
Both of my jobs at Gordon College were instrumental in my personal development as well as my professional development. The College's employees cultivate a warm environment that focuses on growth and compassion. My first job was difficult, but incredibly fulfilling: I loved guiding classroom discussions into deeper territory and elucidating moments within a given text.
Pros
Meeting friendly and nerdy younger students, reading excellent texts, collaborating with astute and personable professors
Cons
Nothing that would apply to Gordon, just personal struggles
A great place to work
Presidential Fellow (Current Employee) –  Office of the ProvostApril 4, 2015
This is a prestigious fellowship/student work position, that affords me opportunities for leadership development. I learned about the intricacies of leading a big organization such as a 4-year college. My supervisor empowers me by giving me projects in which I can develop creative and problem solving skills.
Pros
observer at top-level leadership meetings and events
Cons
position only available for one year
Job autonomy and enjoyable work environment
Senior Apartment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wenham, MAJanuary 8, 2015
This job provides considerable autonomy and flexibility in work hours and task completion, as well as ample opportunity to serve and care for college students. Supervisors are supportive and invested in their employees.
Good job for a student
Teacher's Assistant for Intro to Programming (Former Employee) –  Wenham MANovember 9, 2013
This was only a job for students while they work, thus there was horrible potential. Other than that it was really chill and good.