Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2017
Love every thing about Gordons the people the management and the customers I left because the mood changed management went downhill quickly but before then it was the best place to work for a high school student
Pros
Co workers so friendly
Cons
I wemt 2 weeka without being scheduled
Extremely poor management
Delivery Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shepardsville KentuckyOctober 12, 2017
I worked there for five years never missed a day at work never was written up but somehow I became a bad employee I was suspended for three days in the middle of the suspension I was fired it is a very cutthroat place! beware!!!
Cashier, customer service, stocking, speical orders, answering phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 12, 2017
Cashiering and customer service.
Answering phones, computer work for orders
Clean place to work
Management was ok
Hardest part of the job was heavy lifting from cart to cart.
Stocking while standing on a ladder with a 40-50 lb box to put on the shelf.
Best part of the job is getting to know people and chefs, the store catered to big restaunts.
Pros
Clean, friendly enviroment, flexibe hours
Cons
Heavy lfting, standing on a ladder and putting heavy items up on the shelf
shipping lanes
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 12, 2017
I ran the merge which was to control the shipping lanes for the selectors. I also worked in the freezer and warehouse as a selector. I drove the hi-lo ox which is a hand hi-lo. This job was very challenging and fast paced. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
very clean
Cons
long hours and one day weekend
good pay for the work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 12, 2017
good place to work with hourly rate plus incentive. was hard for me to get full time which is why i left the springfield plant. good insurance and benefits
A typical day at work
SALES ASSOICATE (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 10, 2017
You go in and do your job and leave. Expectations are obvious and easy to maintain if you know your stuff. I would advice anyone to apply that fits the description because the job description is very accurate.
Pros
Great Customers and Great employees
Cons
Shifts are either too long or too short
Absolutely horrible for drivers
Chain route driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD / easton , paOctober 8, 2017
Even after killing 6 people in kentucky this company still refuses to run legally. Refuses to fix un safe equipment . Refuses to compensate drivers appropriately . This is not a good company to work for by any means .Half the guys in my division didn't even know what our managers look like .
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
Real bad in person
Great environment to work in
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLOctober 4, 2017
I always had a great time whenever I was working. There was always a friendly atmosphere with my coworkers and management. The management were very nice to their workers as on holidays if we were working they would provide us with big feasts. For example on Fourth of July we were given hot dogs, hamburgers, baked beans, and corn.
horrible management
Product Loader (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 2, 2017
the night shift staff sucks. ryan is over rated and his family is the only reason why he is able to advance. he has moved up the company latter without doing any work.
Slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2017
Not enough customers/business to keep employees busy. Employees started to get low hours (5 or less) and had to quit and find a new job. I learned a few skills like communication skills and time management.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Slow business
Poor upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North west ohioOctober 1, 2017
Used to be a good place to work. New Distict manager fired employees too quickly she fired 5 managers at one location within a year and the real problem was the store manager.
Pros
Cons
Poor ledership
Outstanding Culture
Customer Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH 44310September 29, 2017
Great workplace culture.

It is all that you put into it.
Endless opportunities.
Cold calling is one of the most important parts of the job and one of the most difficult.
Pros
The compensation
Cons
Hours
Great Work Place
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYSeptember 28, 2017
The shop is clean and well maintained. This is a great place to work! management is on the ball and keeps us busy. There does seem to be a high turnover rate in the shop on third and second shift though, not sure why.
Pros
The benefits are great and pay is incentive based.
Cons
Long Hrs make the breaks feel short.
Very fast paced and competitive
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the fast paced and competitive work environment. I also, liked the incentive program which rewarded you individually on accuracy, damage control and the quantity of work you completed.
Pros
competitive, benefits, incentive program
typical
Customer development specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2017
out side sales, cold calling opening new accounts keeping current accounts happy putting out fires. late cut off made days longer than other companies
Nice place to work
Warehouse Worker Batch Setup (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 24, 2017
Nice place to work, just don't think it may be right for me. Can get a bit cold. You have to make sure that you have layers and hats on most of the time. The one cool thing is everyone on shift breaks at the same time.
Not bad but treated like bad when injured on the job.
Sales Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Imperial, PASeptember 23, 2017
Very good company but management at the branch u worked for was terrible. I was treated horribly when I was injured on the job. Very strenuous job but the pay and benefit are good.
Extremely relaxed workplace with employees willing to go the extra mile to get their work done in a timely fashion.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2017
Working at GFS was a life changing experience. I met so may great people and made so many lasting memories and personal and professional relationships. What I will miss the most about that company is just the camaraderie and togetherness everyone had while working with one another.
Where happiness goes to die
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Hours are 3 PM to about 5 AM, I recommend you ask lots of questions during your interview. Gordon food service is not meant for everybody. Management is more concerned with work and not the employees. During your interview I would ask if I could talk to a couple of employees and get their opinions, if the company really want you wouldn't mind you talking to employees. You can make lots of money working there The trade-off is you will no longer have a personal life.
Pros
you can make lots of money
Cons
Kiss your personal life goodbye
Great company
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILSeptember 19, 2017
This was by far one of my favorite jobs that I have had. This is a wholesale store open to the public without a membership needed. Only reason I left this company was because I was having to relocate with my 1 year old at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.