Gordon Food Service

Gordon Food Service Employer Reviews

fun work place
truck driver (Former Employee), ILAugust 9, 2013
best job i ever had loved the hours and a great place to work. hard work though.
Very Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 8, 2013
Worked here only as a sales associate during high school, but from what I experienced there were no concerns with job security or with management. For full time employees the benefits are also good.
great employer
Custodian (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free luch at the meetings
Cons: half hour lunch breaks
I was in a dept,that did micro-management.great job and hours were good to.no hard work here.employees were fun to work with,
Good part time job to have.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: schedule friendly
Cons: pay and benefits
management work with you wheather your going to school or working another job. Good team of employees they have working for them.
Got to help set up the store
Stocker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 12, 2013
I helped set up the store and stock the shelves. Was intending on being a cashier but ended up stocking the freezers.
Friendly Atmosphere, and Great Staff
Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 6, 2013
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, clean work place, friendly staff
Cons: short breaks, demanding, and tiring.
A typical day at Gordan Food Service would consist of assisting customers with any questions or concerns that may be brought to the attention of the staff, Answering telephone calls, and completing daily task that management has for the sales associate.
Working at Gordon Food Service has taught me that running a large Corporation is very difficult. – more... Especially when it comes to Customer service. Understanding that not every customer is going to be in a great mood and that not everyone you work with is either. At all times you absolutely must remain professional and not let your views or moods get in the way of what (GFS) stands for. (GFS) has also taught me being organized and knowing product is key in being successful in sales.
The Management at GFS was Great! Not only are they very understanding of things that may come about outside of work, they are more than willing to work around these issues. At times management can be a little demanding, but they will never have the staff do anything that they couldn't accomplish themselves.
My Co-workers are like family. They have their days where their personal lives may affect their moods at work but for the most part they all are using (GFS) to propel them further in life, and are a blast to work with. Everyone takes their job very seriously and works extremely hard to meet the daily goals of the company.
The Hardest part of the Jobs would be completing truck. Every Monday, Wed, and Friday Mornings and Afternoons a truck arrives to the store for Sales Associates to stock. It is VERY tiring and can be ailing to the back.
The most enjoyable part at Gordon Food Service would be sampling the new foods that arrive and just showing up everyday for work. we have a fun time while working. There's always something new happening at (GFS) – less
worked with my schedule
cashier/ stocker (Former Employee), mansfield ohioJune 6, 2013
good company to work for, takes care of employees, flexible hours
fun workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 5, 2013
A fun place to work but not if someone is looking for full time hours.
Store Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHMay 22, 2013
Great environment
Great management, and co-workers, easy job and easy hours
Strong Service Culture and Family Values
District Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2013
Great Company to work for. Strong focus on development growth ( business and personal) and very high customer service expectations.
fast pace work
packer (Former Employee), Brighton, MIMay 15, 2013
Pros: cooked for us time to time
good palce to work.if you are a stronge back good work ethic.benefits are really good.lean lots of things. long hours in the winters slower in the summer thats good if you got a family
Good company that has a focus on your needs
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Comstock Park, MIMay 13, 2013
Very flexible hours. It was a great first job or a job for a college student because they will work around your schedule.
Greatwork place and work enviroment
Packer (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYMay 10, 2013
A typical work day consist of coming in unloading trailers in pallett number order. Breaking palletts down and scanning them to be shipped. Labeling pallets then throwing the on the line the hardest part of the job is keepingup with the system that your work is running on. The coworkers are nice and friendly for the most part. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is being ahead of the system and being able to help out other coworkers. – less
A lot of responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 8, 2013
You are required to do a lot of work and different tasks with little compensation. Management is hit or miss based on who you have.
Great company to work for
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lima, OHApril 30, 2013
This is a great company to work for and able to move up in. I worked the floor where i would stock shelves and keep the store clean. Managers are great and able to work around your schdule. Very fun and safe place to work
Fun place to work!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 26, 2013
I enjoyed assisting customers and filling deli orders. The best part was food demos!!!!
typical distribution job with opportunity for overtime. micromanaged all day every day..
selector/ lift driver/ loader (Current Employee), plant city, floridaApril 21, 2013
Pros: plenty of opportunity for overtime, decent profit sharing and benifits
Cons: management is at times incompetent, decrepit equipment, negative atmosphere due to employees with no work life balance 60 hours a week all year, dont plan to go to college or expect to raise small children while working here, life revolves around gfs and thats how management expects it.
Nice place to work to get overtime. Take away the overtime and its just a mediocre distribution job. As long as you can handle co-workers complaining about quitting all day long and just stick to your job and dont get drowned by all the negativity it is a decent place to work. And this is a christian company so if you arent a christian or religious; – more... the "uplifting" christian themed posters that are plastered around the warehouse and the priests that come by to proselytize the employees periodically might bother you. Be prepared to be micromanaged as well. – less
Family oriented
Cashier/ Stock / Mgmt (Former Employee), Monroe, MIApril 17, 2013
Very family oriented environment among the staff and every customer. I truly enjoyed working with GFS.
Loved working here!
Cashier (Former Employee), Maumee, OHApril 11, 2013
Pros: christmas bonus, and company christmas party
This was my first job, and it was a great environment to work in. The managers were great, the co-workers were great, and the customers were great!

From the very first day, they ingrain in you the importance of treating customers appropriately, and it has been incredibly beneficial in my work life since leaving.

All around, great atmosphere, and family – more... feel with the staff. – less
Great company to work for, treats employees very well
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMarch 9, 2013
Everything about this place is great. From the upper management down to the coworkers. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was not getting enough hours, other than that I enjoyed my time there.

About Gordon Food Service

For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest – Read more

Gordon Food Service Photos