Gordon Hospital Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 24, 2016
Love it here, just seeing what is out there, Other places are closer to my home, and just trying to see if there is a fit. Have been here for 2 plus years and have loved it.
great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed getting my feet wet at this place of employment in the medical field. I was able to build many relationships with those who are in the administrative field of the company and look forward to growing further within the administrative side of Health Care.
Creation Program, Praise and Prayer withfood and music
RN (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 7, 2015
worked night shift,I learned how important is for patients to sleep and rest, sometimes they would not like it if awaken. Management good, co-workers trying to work as a team sometimes. Hardest time, when supply is not sufficient, the most enjoyable, when everything go smoothly and patients have good night sleep, rest and free of pain.
Pros
Free lunch on birthday, gifts on Thanksgiving and gift card on Christmas.
Cons
No breaks or even lunch breeak sometimes.
A place that likes to help with patient needs and creates a family with employes
MOA Front Office (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 17, 2015
I work in a very fast paced environment. I learned to have patients while multi tasking. I have worked with my supervisor for 12 yrs and just received a new Administrator who is willing to listen and learn all our jobs to get a better understanding. They both try to jump right on any situation that is needed asap. Some of my coworkers I have worked with for 12 yrs and understand what each others needs are usually with out verbal communication. Everyone tries to work together and keep the work place fun. We make each other laugh, check on when one is sick,and get over any disagreements. The hardest part of the job is feeling overwhelmed when understaffed and making sure patient get all ppw filled out and insurance is verified. Making sure all is done and correct while on the patient and doctors time. The most enjoyable part is when your out for a illness or other reason you get a call or receive a gift form you co-workers. The dinners at holidays, and recalling all the fun memories while laughing. I am a BIG joker and love to laugh. Im also like a mother when I see someone is not feeling well or sad I try to help in any way even just to be an ear or shoulder.
Pros
making many friends from patients and co-workers
Cons
feeling overwhelmed and understaffed
You won't find a more caring group of people!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GASeptember 13, 2013
I loved the Christian atmosphere! My managers truly cared about their employees and the patients. Your happiness was their first priority. I hated to leave, but the commute was too far from where I lived. I have recommended this hospital to others and will continue to do so. The pay is slightly less since it is not in the metro Atlanta region, but great benefits and paid time off.
Pros
managers who actually listen
People are nice/ work isn't bad, however...
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownJanuary 22, 2014
People are great to work with and the work isn't bad. Very little drama. It's a beautiful hospital to work in, new equipment etc. Prn hours are constantly getting cut. It can be a difficult place to work, you are made to feel that you can't make any mistakes. And rarely do they have your back.
Pros
people can be amazing, work isn't bad.
Cons
don't make any mistakes! ever! / hours are constantly getting cut
Will work you to death
Full time staff sonographer (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GaApril 23, 2012
Compensation was great. I made an exceptional amount of money working at Gordon Hospital but I HAD to work ALL the time. I worked 12 days straight, including call (and I got call back frequently) every other week. I consistently had 90-100 hours on my check every pay period. It was too much and the organization would not hire more help. I was expected to work this much and seldom got my lunch breaks. It became too much which is why I had to move on. I did have the opportunity to learn how to perform many invasive procedures which has helped me since. I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the number of hours I was expected to put in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the opportunity to learn and perform a wide variety of exams and procedures.
Pros
high pay
Cons
short to no breaks, number of hours required to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 18, 2013
Wonderful place to work with a supportive management team. The Physicians are always willing to educate and advise their staff so it is a constant learning environment (which I love). The employees and patients are treated with respect and offered prayer and counseling when appropriate.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 12, 2014
I have worked with Gordon Hospital for over two years now and have never had a pay increase. People that are not certified like myself make more per hour. The benefits are terrible and overall the management is awful.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no pay increase
Amazing Place to Work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 25, 2013
I loved working at Gordon. They staff, nurses, and doctors were all so wonderful to be around. The administration took the time to get to know you and be a part of everyday. You can tell that everyone you work with truly cares about their job. Loved it!
Great values and family is a priority.
Medicare Representative (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 2, 2012
They work together to get the job done regardless of ranking. I was always ready to go to work t wasn't a chore to get up every morning. I got to mee and talk to alot of people.
Pros
the people worked with.
Cons
trying to collect money from people.
Just a great place to work at
cleaner or housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plainville, GAMay 16, 2013
Will at day at work is fix your cart go to your floor and clean all day my cowokers were always very nicewas just the lifting.You got to be around good people all day
Pros
they would give us good dinners
Cons
not long enoug breaks
Patient Oriented Care
Phlebotomy Student (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Wonderful facility, love the care the hospital provides. Everyone is friendly and I enjoyed being a part of the team (clinical trial only).
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 10, 2013
I was a student doing an internship through highachool. All the doctors and nurses were great. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see things I never would have got the chance to see.
An ideal place to work at with excellent doctors.
Surgical Tech Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 1, 2012
An ideal place to work with good pleasant people and management.
Pros
work place with a very professional people
Cons
few surgery cases to learn
Very nice place to work.Great people
Assistant Manager Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 20, 2012
I enjoy meeting diffirent people from all walks of life. Some days are more challenging than others.
Pros
christian facility
enjoyed my time there
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  cahoun, gaNovember 19, 2012
n/a unable to review at this time. I did a breif extern there. it was educational and enjoyable the staff was helpful and taught a lot.
great place to work and train
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GASeptember 12, 2014
wonderful people and great hospital lab and vienipuncture procedures