Gordon State College Employee Reviews

could have been better
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GA 30204November 10, 2016
I was a student choreographer. The administration were tyrants however. they showed favoritism for certain organization versus others. In regards to the student body solely, the experience at Gordon State was a enjoyable place to be.
Pros
Great student body
Cons
Over controlling administration.
Fun Workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAOctober 5, 2016
It was amazing experience I learned a lot about organization and filing. Typical day consist of stacking books and scanning books and doing inventory on the books.
Pros
Free Lunch and Learning new people
Cons
Dusty
Laid back but productive work place where professors and students alike are comfortable.
Receptionist/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJune 19, 2016
Gordon State College's Student Success Center is one of the best ideas I think anyone has ever had. It allows students the chance to help other students while making money at a job that doesn't interfere with their classes. The people at the Success Center are some of the best - the kindest, most honest and also the most hardworking I've ever met.
great place and great environment to work
Part time instructor (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GAMay 4, 2016
Meet with students in a classroom for 10 minutes, teach them the basic rules and then put them into practice for the rest of the class period.This position developed me into a leader. I liked everything about it.
What has my job taught me?
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GAApril 12, 2016
This job has really helped me understand the importance of customer service and campus safety. I have learned that just simple things can help keep students safe on campus such as checking IDs when entering the building and make sure every guest signs in properly. Having great customer service at work helps you build your character. When I am sitting at the desk there are things that I should know to do when I am approached by guests and students such as being polite , having a smile, use great eye contact and talk with enthusiasm.
Pros
looks good on resume and builds work experience
Cons
very slow, low pay
Very nice. It was a good work experience
Student Worker/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GADecember 20, 2015
Very nice and loved to have fun. Always laughing and was never afraid of hard work. they never talked down about anyone. Overall I liked working there,
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Working very early
Professional and cultural place to work
Financial Aid Call Center/ Academic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GANovember 4, 2015
Gordon State College is a learning environment where we take pride in assisting students with various needs and concerns. Students, Staff and Faculty work continuously to develop a cohesive working, learning and living environment.
Pros
Cultural experiences
Cons
Student turnover
Game Room
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAOctober 5, 2015
Working at Gordon State College was a great experience. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact and meet new people. A typical day at work would consist of scanning i.d cards prior to entering the game rooms and enforcing all the of the rules of the facility. Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No cons
College Dinning
Swazi Step Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GaSeptember 1, 2015
This job required me to work at a fast pace while keeping an amazing and enthusiastic attitude. I did everything from working the register, the food line, ice cream line, and also cleaning after the shift was over.
Great institution
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GAAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed being able to help students achieve their academic goals. All employees were happy to help and do their part. It is a very rewarding job.
A fun, interesting, collaborative volunteer workplace with different personalities.
RHA Member & Residence Life Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barnesviile, GAApril 6, 2015
The typical day with RHA would be that we met at least once a month. In the meeting, we would discuss and brainstorm some ideas for an upcoming event on campus. RHA stands for Residence Hall Association, which is an organization on campus. We were trying to make living on campus comfortable.
During my time as a Residence Life Volunteer, some if not all of the typical things that I would do: Assisting Resident Assistants with their programs on campus, act as an courier for the Residence Life Staff, file papers for Assistant Director of Residence Life, run errands for both the Assistant Director and Director of Residence Life, answer phone calls when necessary, sit on duty for RA's, collaborate with R.L. Staff with helping other students on campus, served as a tour guide in RHA/R.L. Volunteer for Campus Visit Day/New Student Orientation, transport items to and from the R.L. Staff Storage room, clean and organize the Office of Assistant Director of Residence Life, and other duties they would want me to do.
The hardest part was not trying to make the Resident Assistants feel like I'm trying to take their jobs, which I was not, just have a passion for helping others. I enjoyed the job eventhough it was volunteer work.
Pros
Being able to help others.
Cons
No Cons at all from me.
Fun work place and accessibility to interact with residents
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GAMarch 25, 2015
Great studying environment, which helps men balance school work and a job. Being able to get to know different residents that live in my building and all around campus. Getting feed back from students on what kind of events they would like for us RA's to plan for them. Lastly, getting residents involved by helping with the production of events.
Pros
Ablity to do more such as planning events and helping students with problems if necessary.
Cons
Weekend duty
Wonderful family-like work atmosphere
Student Assistant Registrar's Office (Current Employee) –  Registrar's OfiiceFebruary 27, 2015
Two days are never the same when dealing with students, parents and faculty. I learn something new every day about the institution of higher learning itself as well as Gordon State College. I enjoy my position assisting students and my co-workers.
Pros
My schedule in the office works around my class schedule
Cons
I am only allowed 19 hours per week
Great atmosphere
Temporary Bookstore Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GaJanuary 20, 2015
I loved working there. The students and staff were great. Very casual atmosphere, which would be expected out of a college campus.
Pros
Great commute without hardly much traffic
Family oriented
Associate Professor/Academic Success Coor (Current Employee) –  School of NursingNovember 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Very Fun work environment
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnesville GAJune 5, 2013
A typical day includes going to class, volunteering in the office, sitting on duty for 6 hours.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, trips
Productive and lot of fun. Can be alot of work at times
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAMay 14, 2013
Great place for a person that likes to help kids and move improvement of students lives.
Fun and managable at the same time
Residence Hall monitor (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAApril 6, 2013
Greeting and assisting students to sign in visitors into the resident halls. Answering phones, directing calls.
Inspiring place to work
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAJanuary 26, 2013
The management is professional yet relateable. An environment that truly fosters the development of learning minds.
Great School!
Student Teaching Internship/ Practicum 2 (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GANovember 19, 2012
Gordon College is a great school to attend. I enjoyed my time spend working and learning there.
Pros
small school
Cons
driving distance

4.5