GORDON TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

great company to drive for
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAApril 16, 2016
they are a great company.treat you right,get you home on time.good pay scale .great miles they are very good to drivers.friendly dispatch good driver communication with management.typical day run 550-600 miles. if you did not fell safe due too weather and stopped for safety reasons they did not try to push you to keep going.
Pros
everything
Cons
its a fleet shop that pushes you to advance but then doesnt pay up
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  pacific waOctober 22, 2013
the atmosphere in the shop is great. The other mechanics there are very knowledgeable and helpful. The downside is that nobody wants to let the management know that they know how to do something cause then the management expects you to do it without any incentive or compensation. The shop manager likes to micro manage everything and everyone. The supervisors there are somewhat knowledgeable about their job. lastly they keep hiring mechanics for shifts that are already insanely overcrowded. plus the shop itself is in need of serious maintenance. Other than those few small negatives there are upsides as well. the people are really friendly and make the days go by quickly. fighting isn't an issue everyone generally gets along well. its a fun place to work and you do learn a lot the company just doesn't want to pay you for your knowledge.
Pros
people are really fun to work with
Cons
bad pay and job advancement raises are insanely small
Challenging
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJuly 12, 2016
Independent driver and owner operator. Work well with highways and other drivers.A great place for opportunity and prosperity .
Helpful with attaining your goals. Currently a veteran and skillful at every level of my department. Can manage my hours and work independently without supervision.
Pros
Freedom to make hours
Cons
Commitment
terrible pay, lousy lifestyle..no other jobs..economy is horrible
driver otr (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamonga, caJuly 5, 2013
70-80 hour work weeks, of course you never leave your job because you are stuck in a bad rv trip from you know where. About $11 per hour when you average out all the hours you work, extremely dangerous, horrible treatment by dispatch and the customer..no benefits..they pay a small portion of your health insurance..oh lets not forget the lousy 3% match on 401k..typical trucking company..promise the moon..your lucky to get off the ground!! Horrible career..if you want to call it that..but I should eternally greatful to have a slave wage job and treated worse than a second class citizen. Shovel you know what for a living before you do this..trust me i am sure it pays more.
Pros
none..welfare check equivalentcy
Cons
lousy pay, horrible to no benefits, terrible treatment
Great company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAApril 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Upper management always talks to you, makes sure you're taking care, overall atmosphere is good.
It was a good place to start my career.
Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 5, 2015
13hr days, but a good steady routine. How to be a professional truck driver. Immediate supervisor good, upper level management not good. solo driver so no co-workers. The dedicated route I was on had a horrible work schedule. I liked the drop and hook trailer to the same location part of the route.
Pros
Gordon was good about time off request.
Cons
The 401k and Health Care was average at best.
Helping drivers with their loads and equipment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  1923 Sage Rd, Medford, OR 97501October 7, 2015
A typical day of work includes securing and inputing all new loads, dispatching drivers on loads, giving them all the information they need to perform their job, including loads, equipment, directions, and times of pickup and delivery. Also performed background checks on incoming drivers. For the most part, management was pretty decent and co-workers were good.
Productive work place and great co-workers
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at work is get a truck,get my load plans and go to the shipper. Once i am at the shipper get loaded and and go to the receiver for deleiver. When I am done with my first load if iI have another load go back to our drop yard pick up that load and take it to the receiver. What I have learned with this job is how to manage my time with my deleiveres and sharpen my people skills. My management at work is one of the best I have worked with at any job I have had. My co-workers are some of the best group of co-workers to have everyone is very friendly. The hardest part of this job is the slow season I deleiver work for my company and when it is cold we do not deliever alot of water do to the cold weather so I feel that this is the hardest part of my job.The most enjoyable part of my job is learning and meeting new people and different customers.
Pros
having my wife stay home with the kids while living in california
Cons
missing school activies, baseball games and other family events
Productive and fun place to work
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 19, 2014
Same as Any other trucking company that I worked for except I went into Canada for deliveries. I learned how to drive on ice without chaining up. The management team was very patient with me because I did not know what the rules of the road were in Canada. I didn't see much of the other drivers because not many drivers liked to cross the Border. The hardest part of the job was having to wait to come back thru the border crossing to get back to the US. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a different country and the people.
Pros
Beautiful country
Cons
Having to wait at the border crossing to come back home
Productive and hard working
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJanuary 13, 2014
I drove long and hard to meet time requirements,
Continued success,
driver management was good and fair to the drivers, however company management, in my opinion, was lacking communication between upper management and driver management,
lack of much camaraderie between co-workers,
the job was fairly simple and self driven,
the driving was the most enjoyable part, it comes as second nature
Pros
Close to home, driver apprication bbq's, was able to be home every night and weekend, able to enjoy true family time
Cons
Border paperwork not compleeted on time
Worst company i have worked for
Company truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific WashingtonDecember 17, 2013
I have worked for them for 1 yr and was treated very badly by the day time and night time dispatchers. My regular Driver Manager very rarely talked to me..HUMM some open door policed always someone else had to answer my question related to work.
If you like just running up and down on I-5 and running nothing but back roads made for cars not truck..Then this is the company for you !
They said they have a Bonus program.... THAT IS BS!! I have talk to other drivers that have been with them for 3yrs and they have never seen a penny of a BOUNS! so don't believe them when they tell you
sign on BONUS ...LOL... not true just a way to get you to join. Numbers of time I have gotten yelled at by shipper for picking up loads late... Because their dispatcher gave me the load late. If you like to haul heavy loads number of time I have been over weight and they told me to take the load and chance it!!
If your truck has to go into the shop for minor work that will take upto 4 days sometime just for a oil change and a so call service inspection. They mainly only have 1 person that is ASE certified and all the rest of them is some mechanic off the street or a back yard mechanic, So you trust you life in a big rig with someone that might forget a bolt or 2 ?????
Oh and for a raise?? not quit ... they said I was suppose to get 2 the first yr... nope not at all had to wait for 1 yr to get one.. some people had to wait for 2 yrs before they got one.
would I recommend this company not at all.!! please think twice maybe a 3rd time before working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Just read my review
Good hard work, good people.
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 3, 2014
I loved working at GTI. The drivers seemed to have much to complain about, but for those working in the shop, it's a good job all around. Consistent work load and top of the line equipment. It's been sold to Heartland, but it's the same place from what my ex coworkers say.
Pros
Above average pay, good benefits, upward mobility
Decent Place
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 9, 2012
GTI is a decent place to work but they require tons of hours of work from you with little pay.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
long hours-little pay
great company
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAOctober 20, 2014
this a a great company to work for, good pay paid holidays management takes care of their people.
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 27, 2013
Long hours, must work 6 days a week, great company to work for, never had an issue with being paid.
typical managment
Co. Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAOctober 10, 2012
Long haul has it's drawbacks as any trucker knows but why make work this bad? They did upgrade some of the driver facilities and the equipment was good. Pay varies according to miles and the whims of dispatch as every company does. Gordon goes the extra mile to kick drivers any time they can.If you want to get stuck doing local runs at milage pay work for them.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
milage pay on local runs whenever you have home time
dispatch
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2012
would be nice place to work, if they got rid of all dispatcher and lower management
Fair equipment, nice people
Commercial truck driver based out of Fresno, CA (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJune 18, 2015
Very FMCSA compliant, nice people in the office, and many polite helpful drivers. Access to the best dry-freight loads in the industry.
Pros
Fair and accurate pay
Cons
Breakdowns far to common and lengthy
Great work place. Very good co workers to work with
Support Shift Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working there. Very nice atmosphere. I asked my supervisor for help and he just couldn't find the time to help me. My co workers were fantastic. All of my job was very enjoyable.
Pros
A great company
Cons
Immediate Supervisor not concerned with helping
A great place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WASeptember 3, 2012
so far they have treated me great, they help me with questions when i need some answers, they give me loads ahead of time so i don't have to wait. the most thing i like is seeing the country.
Pros
making good money
Cons
not being home at nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GORDON TRUCKING INC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9