GORDON TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

Gordon waas great
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
Gordon Trucking Inc. was a great company to drive for. Scheduling was reasonable and never had a dispatcher push for more than was legal. Maintenance on the fleet was the best I had ever experienced. If it had not been for unforeseen circumstances, I would have stayed til they merged with Heartland Express.
Pros
great runs and time to get there
Cons
sold out to heartland
Good company to work for
trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 29, 2017
I drove a tractor trailer over the road delivering goods through out the mid west. I enjoyed working for them but due to my disabilities I could no longer work there.
great
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 1, 2017
I have had a great experience working for this company. I would recommend it to anyone. It is a good company. They provide a valuable service and are good!
Not much to say about GTI
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMarch 23, 2017
I worked for GTI for over 2 years and during that time the company was bought out by Heartland. Heartland does not take care of their drivers. I was injured on the job due to no fault of my own and was terminated from my job.
Cons
Management is horrible
Exciting
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2016
It was a good place to work. I believe it's pay could have been better. Its benefits were great. Trucks were up to date. Management was fantastic and enjoyable to work with.
Challenging
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJuly 12, 2016
Independent driver and owner operator. Work well with highways and other drivers.A great place for opportunity and prosperity .
Helpful with attaining your goals. Currently a veteran and skillful at every level of my department. Can manage my hours and work independently without supervision.
Pros
Freedom to make hours
Cons
Commitment
great company to drive for
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAApril 16, 2016
they are a great company.treat you right,get you home on time.good pay scale .great miles they are very good to drivers.friendly dispatch good driver communication with management.typical day run 550-600 miles. if you did not fell safe due too weather and stopped for safety reasons they did not try to push you to keep going.
Pros
everything
Great company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAApril 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Upper management always talks to you, makes sure you're taking care, overall atmosphere is good.
Helping drivers with their loads and equipment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  1923 Sage Rd, Medford, OR 97501October 7, 2015
A typical day of work includes securing and inputing all new loads, dispatching drivers on loads, giving them all the information they need to perform their job, including loads, equipment, directions, and times of pickup and delivery. Also performed background checks on incoming drivers. For the most part, management was pretty decent and co-workers were good.
Fair equipment, nice people
Commercial truck driver based out of Fresno, CA (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJune 18, 2015
Very FMCSA compliant, nice people in the office, and many polite helpful drivers. Access to the best dry-freight loads in the industry.
Pros
Fair and accurate pay
Cons
Breakdowns far to common and lengthy
It was a good place to start my career.
Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 5, 2015
13hr days, but a good steady routine. How to be a professional truck driver. Immediate supervisor good, upper level management not good. solo driver so no co-workers. The dedicated route I was on had a horrible work schedule. I liked the drop and hook trailer to the same location part of the route.
Pros
Gordon was good about time off request.
Cons
The 401k and Health Care was average at best.
Company no longer in business
Planner/Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 29, 2014
Company is no longer in business. No other review comments to offer.
great company
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAOctober 20, 2014
this a a great company to work for, good pay paid holidays management takes care of their people.
Productive and fun place to work
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 19, 2014
Same as Any other trucking company that I worked for except I went into Canada for deliveries. I learned how to drive on ice without chaining up. The management team was very patient with me because I did not know what the rules of the road were in Canada. I didn't see much of the other drivers because not many drivers liked to cross the Border. The hardest part of the job was having to wait to come back thru the border crossing to get back to the US. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a different country and the people.
Pros
Beautiful country
Cons
Having to wait at the border crossing to come back home
Family owned and operated
System Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WAJuly 22, 2014
Family owned business that values family and relationships.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Nepotism
Good hard work, good people.
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 3, 2014
I loved working at GTI. The drivers seemed to have much to complain about, but for those working in the shop, it's a good job all around. Consistent work load and top of the line equipment. It's been sold to Heartland, but it's the same place from what my ex coworkers say.
Pros
Above average pay, good benefits, upward mobility
This company is good at saying one thing and doing something else
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 21, 2014
if you come to work here you'll find that your overall experience means very little to these guys. in order to do their jobs you'll have to run illegal off the computer. in order to deliver their loads. and they will penalize you for it.write-ups for following DOT rules of the road and not able to move to make unrealistic pick up times. Start you out at the lowest wage that they can and only run you enough to get by. not enough money to live on the road their pay of .35 to .38 is not enough for you to pay your home bills too. it'll cost you about 300.00 per week to survive on the road. since they're now Heartland Express they only recently started advertising up to .52 cent per mile. and if you're currently driving for them they'll not change your pay from the low scale that gordon pays their drivers to what Heartland pays,??? why? The bottom line.. Mechanics like to blow smoke up your tail thinking since your truck drivers you don't know what your talking about when it comes to code flashing on the dash and most of their trucks have engine codes and other codes that they wont fix or clear from the truck computers, even though their trucks are fairly new and the freightliner dealerships will tell you that the codes are important,they won't fix them. it takes the computer to shut you down during your runs before they will even look at them.
Pros
laundry showers
Cons
low $$, not enough consistant miles, on runs they've been doin 4 a long time & snd u there, tell u nothin about nrby scales aftr Lding, be accurte n gettn mts
Great work place. Very good co workers to work with
Support Shift Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working there. Very nice atmosphere. I asked my supervisor for help and he just couldn't find the time to help me. My co workers were fantastic. All of my job was very enjoyable.
Pros
A great company
Cons
Immediate Supervisor not concerned with helping
Productive and hard working
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJanuary 13, 2014
I drove long and hard to meet time requirements,
Continued success,
driver management was good and fair to the drivers, however company management, in my opinion, was lacking communication between upper management and driver management,
lack of much camaraderie between co-workers,
the job was fairly simple and self driven,
the driving was the most enjoyable part, it comes as second nature
Pros
Close to home, driver apprication bbq's, was able to be home every night and weekend, able to enjoy true family time
Cons
Border paperwork not compleeted on time
Worst company i have worked for
Company truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific WashingtonDecember 17, 2013
I have worked for them for 1 yr and was treated very badly by the day time and night time dispatchers. My regular Driver Manager very rarely talked to me..HUMM some open door policed always someone else had to answer my question related to work.
If you like just running up and down on I-5 and running nothing but back roads made for cars not truck..Then this is the company for you !
They said they have a Bonus program.... THAT IS BS!! I have talk to other drivers that have been with them for 3yrs and they have never seen a penny of a BOUNS! so don't believe them when they tell you
sign on BONUS ...LOL... not true just a way to get you to join. Numbers of time I have gotten yelled at by shipper for picking up loads late... Because their dispatcher gave me the load late. If you like to haul heavy loads number of time I have been over weight and they told me to take the load and chance it!!
If your truck has to go into the shop for minor work that will take upto 4 days sometime just for a oil change and a so call service inspection. They mainly only have 1 person that is ASE certified and all the rest of them is some mechanic off the street or a back yard mechanic, So you trust you life in a big rig with someone that might forget a bolt or 2 ?????
Oh and for a raise?? not quit ... they said I was suppose to get 2 the first yr... nope not at all had to wait for 1 yr to get one.. some people had to wait for 2 yrs before they got one.
would I recommend this company not at all.!! please think twice maybe a 3rd time before working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Just read my review