GORDON TRUCKING Employee Reviews

not a good plce to work
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 9, 2017
not enough miles some dispatch people very unprofessional, pay for the mile way below average. home terminals provide drivers good place to park over night and showers
Pros
several home terminals all over
Cons
very low pay rate, and not enough miles
Gordon Trucking no longer exists
Over the road driver, hostler, and dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WASeptember 3, 2017
Gordon Trucking was bought by Heartland Express three years ago and no longer exists as a separate entity. While I was there I had the opportunity to work in the operations side of the company besides being a driver.
Being away from home
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 29, 2017
In this job you will be away from home for weeks at a time. When it's time for you to go on home time, you might be told that you have to go puck up another load and that you're not going to be home on time.
job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 26, 2017
not a good place to work. management was not good. they did not care if you had personal stuff to get done. the won't let you stay home an extra day if something happend
good place to work, pay could be better
truckdriver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 15, 2017
Was fun to work at, lots of downtime which was bad because you get paid by the mile, so you did'nt make alot of money. equipment was good and dispatch wasnt to bad.
Pros
equipment
Cons
pay
Productive workplace.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMarch 24, 2017
Good company, helpful staff and other drivers are willing to help if you have issues or questions. stable work environment, keep you moving and get you home when you need to be.
pretty good company!
driver (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, ORSeptember 10, 2016
I worked for Gordon for 3 wonderful years. They Hired me while i was 3 months pregnant with my son, and was able to work around my doctors appointments and when it came time even though i was 2 weeks short for my full maternity leave they gave it all to me! When I came back they gave me my same route and my same truck! When the hours became too much for work life balance, they switched me to another fleet that worked out even better! It was a sad day when we moved to idaho and they didnt have any local positions in my area.
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 2, 2016
was a great company good vacation pay and benefit's. however work was slow at times (finding loads) i had to voluntarily quit due to dizzy spells and blurred vision.
Pros
bebefit's
Cons
sometimes slow, low miles
Gti
Operations Trainee (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Would recommend to any and all. The Gordons take care of their employees and make sure you feel welcome.
Benefits
Cons
If you're in dire need of employment then yes. but understand........
operations (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 22, 2016
Was a great place to work then company was acquired and steady decline of morale, culture , with an increase in work hours and lack of home life. Unpaid overtime. New owners are "debt free" but you will not be.
Pros
job security, if you give up your personal life including family
Cons
long hours, work 6 days a week. no payed overtime
Every day is an adventure
Local day cab Semi Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2016
I enjoy my job because everyone is a team there are no favoritism. The staff is fun to be around and I like helping them when they need extra things done.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
No holiday pay
This was a good company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJuly 5, 2016
Clean and safe working environment with employees educated in their fields. on job training with vendors to further technician education.
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 1, 2016
As like most trucking companies. All talk but no results. It's a cut throat business. 30 years trucking. I don't have to much to say because again it's 100% company, and 0% Driver. Some are worse than others. It's all about the money as with most things these days in this dying world.
Pros
No pros work there.
Cons
Their all cons
Great Company
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 16, 2016
Over all good company. I enjoyed working with this company. Good management and strong planners made for consistant miles.
Several Titles
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
I started out as a data analysis, quickly advance to Parts coordinator then advanced to Purchasing Agent. a typical day worked with management, with shop personal,vendors, this company does put good teams together, always felt a good day accomplished.
Pros
This company offers advancements.
Cons
needed higher income.
No opionion
driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 18, 2016
It's hard to work for a company where the load planners and driver managers think they know more about what happens on the road than the drivers do.They need to get out and spend at least 3 months on the road,and experience what the drivers have to go through.
Great Ride Bad Miles
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WADecember 28, 2015
Good equipment but very bad miles and poor driver managers. Way to much Sitting not enough miles. The Driver Managers wait till the last minute to try and find you a trip. So you end up sitting. No matter how good you are with trip planning Gordong since bought out by Heartland is bad.
Great co-workers
Support Shift Supervisor/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MONovember 14, 2015
Typical trucking environment. Push from shippers to get loads rolling, then make drivers wait to get loaded, causing increased stress on both drivers and dispatchers. Receivers push to get loads delivered, causing immediate decision making on the part of middle management on how to make this happen with in the guide lines of government regulations.
Constant communication with every one involved, as well as monitoring movement of shipments through satellite observations.

Usually good working relationships with dispatch, planners and drivers as a team but often questioned by management later why such and such a decision was made, before they take time to read their messages concerning that instance. Management often so distant from actual operations that they have no idea what goes on every day anymore.Tends to leave employees in a no win situation.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
High stress from all sides
Good company to drive for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WANovember 2, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Good pay. lot's of miles. I can't say if it's the same since Heartland Express bought them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The same as any other trucking companies.
good clean environment and friendly people
Mobile Tech and welder (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga CAAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work was
getting started opening my boxes getting ready before my shift starts
stocking mobile truck unit in case of road work and making the necessary repairs on my unit to get it back on the road

what have learned
even thought i have been in this field for a few years
you still pic up on others working skills and different ways of making a repair sometime more efficient then ones usto

management
the team at gordon was a good one they knew how to maintain a safe work environment as well as taking care of their employees

my coworkers
like any job you introduce your self as do they and build a friendly work space , everyone i worked with there was professional kind and helpful

the hardest part of my job

road work repair because of the weather at times or the area
but I got usto it

the most enjoyable part of my job

being able to fix problems fast and having the satisfaction of knowing you did a good job at the end of the day
Pros
free turkeys at ThanksGiving bonuses, BBQs
Cons
medical coverage was a little on the high side at Gordon