GORDON TRUCKING Employee Reviews in United States

If you're in dire need of employment then yes. but understand........
operations (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 22, 2016
Was a great place to work then company was acquired and steady decline of morale, culture , with an increase in work hours and lack of home life. Unpaid overtime. New owners are "debt free" but you will not be.
Pros
job security, if you give up your personal life including family
Cons
long hours, work 6 days a week. no payed overtime
This was a good company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJuly 5, 2016
Clean and safe working environment with employees educated in their fields. on job training with vendors to further technician education.
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 1, 2016
As like most trucking companies. All talk but no results. It's a cut throat business. 30 years trucking. I don't have to much to say because again it's 100% company, and 0% Driver. Some are worse than others. It's all about the money as with most things these days in this dying world.
Pros
No pros work there.
Cons
Their all cons
Great Company
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 16, 2016
Over all good company. I enjoyed working with this company. Good management and strong planners made for consistant miles.
Several Titles
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
I started out as a data analysis, quickly advance to Parts coordinator then advanced to Purchasing Agent. a typical day worked with management, with shop personal,vendors, this company does put good teams together, always felt a good day accomplished.
Pros
This company offers advancements.
Cons
needed higher income.
No opionion
driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 18, 2016
It's hard to work for a company where the load planners and driver managers think they know more about what happens on the road than the drivers do.They need to get out and spend at least 3 months on the road,and experience what the drivers have to go through.
Great Ride Bad Miles
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WADecember 28, 2015
Good equipment but very bad miles and poor driver managers. Way to much Sitting not enough miles. The Driver Managers wait till the last minute to try and find you a trip. So you end up sitting. No matter how good you are with trip planning Gordong since bought out by Heartland is bad.
Great co-workers
Support Shift Supervisor/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MONovember 14, 2015
Typical trucking environment. Push from shippers to get loads rolling, then make drivers wait to get loaded, causing increased stress on both drivers and dispatchers. Receivers push to get loads delivered, causing immediate decision making on the part of middle management on how to make this happen with in the guide lines of government regulations.
Constant communication with every one involved, as well as monitoring movement of shipments through satellite observations.

Usually good working relationships with dispatch, planners and drivers as a team but often questioned by management later why such and such a decision was made, before they take time to read their messages concerning that instance. Management often so distant from actual operations that they have no idea what goes on every day anymore.Tends to leave employees in a no win situation.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
High stress from all sides
Good company to drive for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WANovember 2, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Good pay. lot's of miles. I can't say if it's the same since Heartland Express bought them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The same as any other trucking companies.
good clean environment and friendly people
Mobile Tech and welder (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga CAAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work was
getting started opening my boxes getting ready before my shift starts
stocking mobile truck unit in case of road work and making the necessary repairs on my unit to get it back on the road

what have learned
even thought i have been in this field for a few years
you still pic up on others working skills and different ways of making a repair sometime more efficient then ones usto

management
the team at gordon was a good one they knew how to maintain a safe work environment as well as taking care of their employees

my coworkers
like any job you introduce your self as do they and build a friendly work space , everyone i worked with there was professional kind and helpful

the hardest part of my job

road work repair because of the weather at times or the area
but I got usto it

the most enjoyable part of my job

being able to fix problems fast and having the satisfaction of knowing you did a good job at the end of the day
Pros
free turkeys at ThanksGiving bonuses, BBQs
Cons
medical coverage was a little on the high side at Gordon
management in Lathrop is poor
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2015
I called in sick 5 hours before my shift and inform Gordon I was going to the hospital. The doctor gave me a release to go to work that day. I call Gordon to see if they like me to work. They inform me to come in. Then I was sent home. I put 4 hours on my time card California state law. The payroll people inform me I should get paid, but I had to make three different phone calls to management. Then when I did get paid a month and a half later I got terminated for a weak safety issue.
Disappointed
Solo driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas nvApril 5, 2015
I've been here almost 3 months. All I ever hear is "Freight is Slow right now. Or Freight is slow this time of year."
So why hire drivers?? I've been driving for 16 yrs. Gordon has proven to be no different from any other large trucking company.
I'm on the 5 days on and 2 days off schedule CA, AZ, NV. It would be awesome but they can't get you home on time.
So this week I will only work 3 days cuz I'm stuck sitting for 2 days. Another 1500 mile week. "FREIGHT IS SLOW" they say.
So if you're looking for a job right now they will hire you and offer you a great cpm pay package but that's no good when you only get 1500 miles a week. Detention pay $12 an hr after the 1st hr. Awesome right?! YES it would be. BUT the only way to get it is if you're ON DUTY the whole time burning up your hours. So you can forget detention pay if you want to drive.
YOU PAY FOR YOUR OWN TRUCK WASH HERE!! The company doesn't pay to wash their trucks. Yet they want the driver to keep it clean. You pay out of you own pocket. You DO NOT get reimbursed for truck washes.
Like I said they are no different then another other company. When you come here all you do is change the name on the door and the color of the truck.
Good luck on your job search.
Pros
People here are nice and you can always get a hold of someone
Cons
You sit way to much!
Just good People
driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Good solid company. There was always someone there to help if a need arose.
Was a very good run
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2014
I really liked working here my only issue was why I was terminated,
Gordon has a zero tolerance for any mistake that is made. I dropped a trailer at a customers and they didn't like that.
Pros
very good strcture
Cons
pay wasn't all that great.
Family Run Company
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WANovember 17, 2014
Every day was very busy and there was a lot of overtime. I enjoyed talking to the drivers everyday. Management treated you like family. The hardest part of the job was all the overtime.
A steady place to work at
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAOctober 5, 2014
Gordon Trucking has good trucks. Getting repairs done, takes time, and pay is too variable. Management tries, but comes up short. My review would be to come into this company with some money in your savings account. Overall I rate this company a 3 out of 5 stars.
Pros
generally, a good company
Cons
company going thru merger
another cesspool company in the thieving, conniving trucking industry
driver/otr (Current Employee) –  rancho cucamonga caSeptember 17, 2014
Driver managers and upper management talk to you any way they please but dont give it back or they will threaten your employment. Nothing but lies and deceit from the beginning. Industry takes advantage of people and the labor board does nothing to help mistreated employees and government allows it. Management's treatment and lack.of respect 4 drivers is a reflection of the owner.
Pros
paycheck. .more like donation to charity
Cons
no.respect, lied to, justification of poor treatment of driver
Busy place lots of new drivers
Local Driver, Office Assistant, Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 24, 2014
Busy place lots of new drivers every week. Lots of long time employees. Ran lots of miles, had a lot of the same customers and routes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
none that i can think of
n/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJuly 2, 2014
The company has a really good values are for the employee's best interest.
west and midwest regional
driver (Former Employee) –  west and midwest regionalMay 16, 2014
no,no,no. mgmt lies while smiling at you. no miles, they think a driver can live on 300 miles a day. no detention pay, very little drop & hook, expect exactly 34 hr restart at home
Pros
newer trucks
Cons
health ins. no miles

2.8