gordon

gordon Employer Reviews

My duties at Gordon Arata
Law Clerk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaOctober 1, 2014
Research and write memoranda for bankruptcy litigation. Write deposition summaries for oil and gas litigation. Summarize case law for bankruptcy seminar papers. Utilize knowledge of Bankruptcy Code and application of case law, financial mechanics.
A typical day at GEK
Legal Assistant I (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at the law firm consists of checking/ distributing mail, scanning/filing papers, cleaning out files and doing any projects that the lawyers need done.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: quiet, slow, i can do my school work here.
Cons: insurance is not good.
I arrive early in the morning and open the office, prepare outgoing FedEx packages to be sent out daily. Empty the dishwasher and start the coffee. Check the calendar for meetings, set up for meetings as needed. Greet and direct clients as they walk in. Order lunches and other materials as needed for meeting and the office. Answer multiple line system call board, deliver messages and such to appropriate Attorneys. Assist legal secretaries with any overload they might have. Keep events calendar up to date with meetings and conferences. Close the office at the end of the day.
Family Environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Very family oriented and close environment. Made it easy to get the job done.
Fun, Hard Work, Rewarding!
Personal Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Centerville, UTMay 21, 2013
Pros: good pay, great people, rewarding
Cons: no insurance, no holidays off
I really loved working for Gordon & Carrol, Every day was a new experience and at times hard work, but very rewarding to know i was helping make their life better. I was very upset with their passing, they had become not just my employers but family.
IT WAS A NICE PLACE TO WORK IN
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2013
THE CVOLUME WAS LOW AND I WAS THE LAST ONE HIRED AND THE FIRST ONE TO GET LAID OFF
Small brokerage firm with niche product line
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Former Employee), Watertown, MASeptember 17, 2012
This family business provided me with room to grow. My day started at 7:30 to give me quiet time to analyze the prior day's activity. Customers soon decided to use my early start to do pre-market trading. My co-workers were long time employees like myself who worked hard to keep the operations running efficiently. The most difficult part of my job was advising customers of the need for additional funds in their account due to stock market collapses. I enjoyed my job most when our customers reeped the profits of a excellent fim research idea.
small company
truck driver (Former Employee), San Antonio TXJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: vacation time after a year of service
Cons: no medical insurance, retirement etc.
very little work, some assignments lasted longer than others, was a floater, worked for alot of companys , till i finally got hired full time