gordon Employee Reviews

Extra Bonuses a plus
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WA 98221October 17, 2017
After receiving $1000k for Christmas bonus, seems to balance productivity and those hard to upgrade items...not to mention the hours are plenty and operating is a hands on as you go.
Pros
great enviornment, ever changing weather.
Cons
not typically a job for scarred of winter storms despite cold or too hot enviornment.
Fast paced environment, rapid changes
ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 10, 2017
Every day is full of surprises, sometimes making it difficult to plan for completion of your daily responsibilities. Most new projects presented are unpredictable, Immediate manager is easy to work with on a daily basis. Makes the position enjoyable. Learn something new every day related to software and general insurance business working with agents.
Pros
Hourly pay is good.
Cons
parking difficult at times
good place to work
Bobcat operator Road maintenance (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCFebruary 9, 2017
The hardest part is being out in the hot sun I learn how to operate the machinery is working with my friends is the best part of the day
n/a
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2016
Very good company.
Honest
Respectful

I enjoyed my time at the company.
Greeting people
Helping and assisting people
Copying and FAXING AND Scanning paperwork
Easy and friendly place to work
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 21, 2016
It was an easy place to work. The people were very friendly and helpful. Management was nice. The hardest part of the job was at Christmas time because it was really busy and long hours.
n/a
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Gordon is a great company. I worked as a administrator for 4 years here from home and in office. My job was very easy. I've learned so much over the years as a secretary them going into administrative assistant job title
a typical day at work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
Load and unload cargo.
Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
Take orders for new delivers.
Drive long distances.
Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
Follow all applicable traffic laws.
Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
Keep a log of their activities.
Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
Get goods to client on time.
Take rest periods during trip.
Transport hazardous materials.
Take special precautions while driving.
Buy or lease trucks from other companies.
Find and keep clients.
Maintain log of trips.
low pay job
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pacific, WAMay 12, 2015
Run 48 states, dry van haul. Gone 2 to 3 weeks at a time unless home time is requested. Bosses are great, have good training program went from regular driver to training drivers. The hardest part of the job is being away from family longer then a month ,3 weeks is not to bad, being lade over in a town besides home, is also hard but some days freight is slow. Love the road love the company but want to be home more. Co-workers are good.
Family Oriented
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
A Firm you will call your second home. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The Partners in the Firm are very down to earth. Great place to work at.
hard working place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 29, 2014
typical day was busting your butt everyday, always doing different things and never really set at one area for long. The guys that work there are very hard working and work hard for what they get paid. Taught me alot working there.
My duties at Gordon Arata
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LaOctober 1, 2014
Research and write memoranda for bankruptcy litigation. Write deposition summaries for oil and gas litigation. Summarize case law for bankruptcy seminar papers. Utilize knowledge of Bankruptcy Code and application of case law, financial mechanics.
A typical day at GEK
Legal Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at the law firm consists of checking/ distributing mail, scanning/filing papers, cleaning out files and doing any projects that the lawyers need done.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2014
I arrive early in the morning and open the office, prepare outgoing FedEx packages to be sent out daily. Empty the dishwasher and start the coffee. Check the calendar for meetings, set up for meetings as needed. Greet and direct clients as they walk in. Order lunches and other materials as needed for meeting and the office. Answer multiple line system call board, deliver messages and such to appropriate Attorneys. Assist legal secretaries with any overload they might have. Keep events calendar up to date with meetings and conferences. Close the office at the end of the day.
Pros
Quiet, slow, I can do my school work here.
Cons
Insurance is not good.
Family Environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Very family oriented and close environment. Made it easy to get the job done.
Fun, Hard Work, Rewarding!
Personal Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTMay 21, 2013
I really loved working for Gordon & Carrol, Every day was a new experience and at times hard work, but very rewarding to know i was helping make their life better. I was very upset with their passing, they had become not just my employers but family.
Pros
Good pay, Great people, Rewarding
Cons
No insurance, No holidays off
It was a nice place to work in
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2013
The cvolume was low and I was the last one hired and the first one to get laid off
Small brokerage firm with niche product line
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MASeptember 17, 2012
This family business provided me with room to grow. My day started at 7:30 to give me quiet time to analyze the prior day's activity. Customers soon decided to use my early start to do pre-market trading. My co-workers were long time employees like myself who worked hard to keep the operations running efficiently. The most difficult part of my job was advising customers of the need for additional funds in their account due to stock market collapses. I enjoyed my job most when our customers reeped the profits of a excellent fim research idea.
small company
truck driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXJanuary 10, 2012
very little work, some assignments lasted longer than others, was a floater, worked for alot of companys , till i finally got hired full time
Pros
vacation time after a year of service
Cons
no medical insurance, retirement etc.