Gorham House Employee Reviews

OK- Management difficult
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEAugust 8, 2017
Wonderful work atmosphere, coworkers and nursing very kind. Management seemed very careless to employee needs, but otherwise a decent place to work. Pay at the time wasn't very good, whatsoever, and benefits very overpriced.
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEApril 3, 2017
I quit there because I was being written up or getting introuble because the other maintince guys sat around and did nothing and everything got left on me.. my last day I was on my lunch break my supervisor walked in and told me he should fire me for taking a lunch break. So I decided to leave before things got worse.
Not the job for everyone
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  GorhamOctober 18, 2015
"Skilled Nursing"?... "Rehabilitation"... not exactly, the most I ever saw was about 70% skilled nursing, the rest is long term. Tube feeding was the most you'll see for invasive treatment. No IV, no PIC, not even a blood draw except for glucose check. Night shift has a "roller coaster" schedule for RNs, working days every other Friday. Majority of the CNAs are great, PT/OT & physician personnel are great... that's the only staff I feel is worth mentioning. Certainly not the best paying jobs, very short orientation, no real advancement opportunities, lack of mentorship development programs.
These are my personal thoughts, others certainly may feel differently.
Pros
I'll have to come back to this one
Cons
Lack of Mentorship, orientation time, support
awesome girls to work with, love all the CNA's there! They are who make that place
CNA (Current Employee) –  Gorham, MaineMay 17, 2015
The CNA's are a wonderful team to work with, most are all team players and have a heart of gold! We all try to help one another out, its like working with family. There are times when we could have more hands but the hands that we have for that day are never sitting and relaxing: they are always on the go. Hard workers and should have better pay
Cons
health benefits, pay
Great people to work with ,great team work!!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gorham, MEJune 28, 2013
My day would start out checking in on all my patients and then proceed in with breakfast the help them with bathing then worked with OT or PT for each patient to get them stronger, to get them home .Morning was the busiest time of my day! my favorite part of my job was to see these patients go home and they thanked me for all my hard work when they did all the work . What a great feeling it give you to see all them walk out that door.
Pros
working with great co-works
Cons
it can get stressful at times when work load got heavy
Exciting
C.N.A (Current Employee) –  MEDecember 12, 2012
Working at the Gorham House and The Maine Veterans Home they are both exciting places to work. Both offer me a wide range of experience working and caring for the residents.
Pros
wide range of medical conditions to care for
Cons
low pay for a person who has alot of experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gorham House. Our community is ready to answer.

Gorham House Reviews by Location