Terms: This positions a Contract 1099 or Contract Corp-to-Corp Only
Duration: 6 months
Location: Pasadena, CA
No Calls about this position
No third party recruiters
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to separate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
Individual will be responsible for assisting with functional requirements gathering, business process documentation, and application testing in a fast paced Asset Management environment. The person will assist with the development and support of propriety applications involving the client service and investment management functions for the firm. Supported applications will primarily focus on reporting.
- Applies business knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as: current / future state analysis and documentation, IT testing and product acceptance, new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support, research of emerging or available product functionality, and operational readiness assessments.
- Facilitation of use-case construction aiding in IT development of business user interface.
- Produces project documentation including formal proposals and schedules, business requirements, functional specifications, project plans and test cases and plans.
- Work closely with technical team members to translate business requirements into systems requirements.
- Coordinates development teams on large and/or complex projects. Translates end user computing requirements for use by the IT Development team.
- Works with business partners and systems personnel to identify new business workflow or change current processes to enhance their effectiveness.
- Communicates system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting any processes as necessary.
- Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution.
- Accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating and conducting information gathering structured documentation and presentation of findings.
- Set appropriate goals and priorities to meet objectives established by the project team
- Able to work independently and proactively raise issues at the appropriate level of urgency. Work cross teams to provide integration where necessary to other systems and departments.
- Able to write detail specifications including detail data mapping of input and out put files, formula definition, User Interface layout and mapping to internal data. Must be able understand data structures and XML. SQL is mandatory for data mining and data analysis.
Business Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
Knowledge of fixed income asset management principles and skills associated with domestic and international investment management process. Specifically knowledge of fixed income securities analytics required. Understands purposes, objectives, practices, and procedures of the department and business units within the fixed income environment. Maintains a solid knowledge of corporate and departmental information system strategies.