Pay Rate: $55-$70 per hour
Terms: Contract 1099, Corp-to-Corp or Contract W2
Duration: 6-12+ months
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to seperate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
One of our top clients in the Pasadena area is in the financial industry, and is looking for a long term Security Engineer to join their team as a contractor. Does the following job description sound like a good fit for your skills?
The Security Engineer will be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all systems for our client. This includes analysis and review of events escalated from our automated detection systems, analysis of traffic flows utilizing SIEM/IPS technology and other tools to detect malicious activity, and completion of tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, and incident response on an as needed basis.
Required Skills (minimum 5 years):
- Advanced knowledge and working experience with Websense web content security filtering technology.
- Experience with one or more of the following security vulnerability assessment and management tools (Foundstone, Qualys, GFI LanGuard).
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience with endpoint security methodologies. Strong incident handling background is required.
- Strong understanding of TCP, UDP, security protocols, IP protocols and packet analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server and client administration.
- Experience and/or exposure to SIEM technologies including event correlation and syslog analysis.
- Experience with mobile and smart device security and management framework.
- Experience with security risk assessment, risk management, compliance, and security policy formulation.
- Project management background with good multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Experience with network firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and network architecture.
- Experience with computer forensics methodologies.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Prior financial industry experience is a plus.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- CISSP, GCFA, CISA or CISM security certificates is required.
- Knowledge of standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- College degree preferred.
No calls about this position, please.
No 3rd party recruiters.
Gorilla Logic is unable to host H1b Visas
This position is on-site in Pasadena, CA.