Business Analyst – Gorilla Logic
About Gorilla Logic
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Costa Rica and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to separate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for driving the specification and extension of the roll correction management software for the Tax Collection & Apportionment System (TCAS).
The Analyst works directly with TCAS users and super users to elicit and document business rules and requirements for development initiatives. The Analyst shall create and manage all documentation required by development including functional specifications, use cases, process flow diagrams and test plans. Additionally the Analyst is expected to manage the development and QA for modules within their purview, conduct structured user acceptance testing and provide ongoing support as needed.
The Analyst works closely with Systems, the TCAS team and the business. The role therefore requires a strong collaborator with excellent multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to actively contribute to multiple concurrent development efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform requirements analysis, documentation and management
- Provide direct user support
- Diagnose and analyze system issues
- Manage iterative development cycles with remote and local team members
- Candidate shall have in-depth experience with custom system development and delivery.
- Preferred Technical Experience: Relational databases including Oracle and familiarity with SQL.
- Additional tools in use: Experience with Rally, Spiceworks and Fitnesse a plus.
- Collaborative mind-set with strong analytical skills