Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to separate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
Sr. SQL/Java Developer with strong design and development skills. Acting as a technical subject matter expert, the individual will be responsible for the design, development, programming and testing of Mortgage, Cash Management, Performance, Fund Accounting and Settlement related systems and applications. Develops detailed system design and programming specifications on assigned project/projects. Implements other tasks required for the development, implementation and continuing operation of various systems. Programs supported range from above average complexity to very complex. Supports the daily activity of the technical lead and project manager by creating and maintaining programs, and by providing technical support for system and software issues.
Will be asked to be on call for after-hours support via a rotating schedule.
- Under minimal supervision, works with business partners and systems personnel to identify and develop new processes and/or systems, change current processes to enhance their effectiveness, or eliminate processes that are not justified
- In support of this, coordinates computer system changes and development processes. Produces project documentation including schedules, system requirements, technical design and testing plans
- Communicates system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting any processes as necessary
- Trouble shoots any system failures and discrepancies. Recovery solutions are evaluated, selected and implemented
- Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution
- Designs and tests systems and/or system changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the Business Areas and other organizational units and resources
- Uses solid business knowledge to develop rapid proactive solutions for significant business issues
- Clearly understands purposes, objectives, practices, and procedures of the department and business units
- Maintains a solid knowledge of corporate and departmental information system strategies
- Demonstrates proficiency in systems analysis of business requirements
- Has advanced written and oral communication skills to make technical or non-technical material understandable to the business units, to make presentations to management and other personnel, and to conduct meetings and training sessions
- More than five years of SQL/Java (50/50) development experience with strong focus in database work. All tiers of Java, solid knowledge of Java, J2EE, JMS, EJB, JSP/Servlet, JDBC, XML, industry popular frameworks, libraries, and application servers. Must be very strong with design patterns and OO design.
- Experienced with Service Oriented Architecture with complicated systems based on messaging bus.
- Extensive experience with multi-tier J2EE application design and development. Experience with Spring framework, Hibernate, Struts, log4j, AJAX preferred.
- Solid knowledge of UNIX environment, Solaris preferred.
- Superior knowledge of relational database environment and proficient in SQL required, Oracle PL/SQL preferred.
- Knowledge of Client-server concepts, (3 tier architecture concepts preferred), and GUI development concepts required.
- Experience with JBoss/Tomcat, SONIC MQ, ESB, Coherence, testing methodologies, open source libraries is a plus
- Financial industry experience, especially in Fixed Income is a plus
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
College degree in Computer/Information Systems; advanced degree in related discipline highly desired
This job is on site in Pasadena, CA
No 3rd party recruiters, please.
We are unable to sponsor any H1b Visas at this time.
Gorilla Logic provides software tools and consulting services that dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of application development...