Terms: This positions a Contract 1099 or Contract Corp-to-Corp Only
Duration: 6-12+ months
Compensation: $70 - $90 hr
Location: Pasadena, CA
No Calls about this position
No third party recruiters
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to separate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FRONT OFFICE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT TRADING APPLICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years Core Java development experience delivering applications for multi user environments. The candidate will have intimate knowledge of Core Java including the event system & threading model to ensure applications deliver responsive user experience under heavy client & server loads. Multithreading programming experience is required.
The candidate should be detail-oriented, naturally curious, passionate about solving business problems through high-quality solutions, and be someone who has demonstrated flexibility in meeting the needs of a challenging, fast-paced fixed income portfolio management business environment.
- Activities include but are not limited to: contributing to design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, supporting beta testing, bug fixes and documentation.
- Development Frameworks which enable other team members to produce new functionality with minimal coding effort and reduce complexity.
- Trouble shoots any system failures and discrepancies.
- Mentoring & training other team members on both Java and also the Framework and tools they development to reduce development time and code.
- Designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
- Proactive with ability to take make minimal direction with work well on independent projects or within a team
- Passion for solving business problems through the use of technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical reasoning skills
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Strong work ethic
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of Java software development experience in a high volume transaction environment
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with distributed systems in a service based architecture
- Proven knowledge of different client server communication models including REST, Web services, JMS and EJB
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of design patterns including ones for UI development is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Application Server experience including Tomcat, Web logic, and JBOSS
- Maven and Ant Build experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration build environments
- Fixed Income or Financial services experience would be a plus
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
B.S. in computer science or equivalent education