Goss International is a global leader in web offset printing solutions, with a complete product range of newspaper, commercial, and packaging press systems, as well as mailroom and postpress equipment to worldwide markets. Goss International has been building printing equipment for over a century and is an industry leader in technological innovation. Goss International has an opening for a Senior Project Engineer (Machine Control/PLC)in Durham, NH.
Summary of Position Responsibility:
Responsible for electrical machine control of large scale machinery with hundreds of input / output points and multiple axes of motion through PLC design, development, and implementation. Implement machine control for complex multi axes machinery with 100’s and at times 1000’s of I/O points. Analyze and modify system machine performance to satisfy design requirements. Develop electrical wiring schematics, sub-assembly drawings, and bills of material for control system design. Develop machine controls for complex machinery. Generate test plans and participate in conducting acceptance tests. Responsible for product design quality and performance. Provide or assist in the creation of technical descriptions of operation, equipment checkout procedures, technical reports, user manuals and other documentation as required.
Release components, software, and systems for manufacture of orders.
Estimate man-hours required for tasks and report progress on assigned tasks. Work in conjunction with other groups to organize and plan assigned projects.
- BSEE / BSET / BSME
- In depth knowledge of electrical engineering theory and machine control implementation.
- In depth knowledge of current electrical control technologies which should include the following:
- programmable logic controllers (Siemens S7 perferred)
- AC and DC motors and motor controllers (AC, Servo)
- Statement List Programming
- HMI design with tools such as WinCC
- PLC networks (Profibus, ProfiNet)
- Industrial networks (Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Application of Digital and Analog I/O
- Power distribution systems (transformers, fusing, breakers, switch gear, conductor sizing)
- Familiar with electrical codes such as UL, NFPA, ANSI, NEC, CE, IEC
- Familiar with centralized and distributed machine control architecture applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
- Occasional travel required.
The selected candidate must pass a pre-placement exam, including drug and alcohol tests and a background check.
Goss International offers competitive wages and a benefits package designed to meet the need of employees. Qualified applicants can apply on our website (www.gossinternational.com) or resumes can be faxed to (603) 750-6620, or mailed to Goss International, Human Resources Dept., 121Technology Drive, Durham, NH 03824. A cover letter including salary requirements are required for faxed or mailed submittals. Goss International is an equal opportunity employer.