Goss International is a global leader in web offset printing solutions, with a complete product range of newspaper, commercial, and packaging press systems, as well as mailroom and postpress equipment to worldwide markets. Goss International has been building printing equipment for over a century and is an industry leader in technological innovation. Goss International has an opening for a Senior Projetc Engineer - Software in Durham, NH.
Summary of Position Responsibility:
Responsible for the implementation and performance of state of art planning, job reporting, data mining, inventory systems. Accountable for specifying, developing, integrating, and testing software systems which apply these software components. Responsible for the implementation and performance of complex software planning systems for packaging, commercial, or newspaper equipment. Assess technical risks in products and communicate results. Implement software solutions in the .net environment. Create and execute test plans and tests to verify project/module performance. Initiate, coordinate, participate and act upon the results of technical reviews. Create technical design and performance specifications. Design database schemes for product designs. Understand communications protocols and their application.
Coordinate project tasks involving other disciplines and third parties.
Recommend and select improvements to the engineering development tools, procedures, and standards. Provide plans, schedules and estimates for technical programs to management. Document and communicate engineering activities and protect intellectual property. Identify and solve technical problems. Provide technical guidance to team members.
Occasional travel will be required. Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
- Four year degree in engineering or computer science.
- Over seven years of relevant job experience.
- Broad knowledge of software implementation techniques, database design, GUI design, and job planning and management applications.
- Experience with programming including C++/VB/>NET/Java/etc., operator interfaces, communication networks, information/analysis systems, and automation.
- Proven record of successful implementation and engineering achievements.
- CAD experience required.
- Excellent technical communication and good general communications skills.
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
- Occasional travel required.
The selected candidate must pass a pre-placement exam, including drug and alcohol tests and a background check.
Goss International offers competitive wages and a benefits package designed to meet the need of employees. Qualified applicants can apply on our website (www.gossinternational.com) or resumes can be faxed to (603) 750-6620, or mailed to Goss International, Human Resources Dept., 121Technology Drive, Durham, NH 03824. A cover letter including salary requirements are required for faxed or mailed submittals. Goss International is an equal opportunity employer.