goTenna Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
The Greatest Internship Ever
QA Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 7, 2017
Open and inclusive work environment. The open office environment allows you to be able to know what’s going on. If you ever have any questions or need help, everyone is willing to help. All the workers are very kind and brilliant at what they do.

Working as a QA intern was interesting because I not only tested products in the field, but also did cool things such as soldering. I also learned how to do iOS automation for testing goTenna units.

The management was very easygoing. The new engineering management is very good at planning what needs to get done in a timely and orderly fashion. The QA manager was very insightful, helpful, and challenged me with new topics.

The CEO is very kind and is committed to the success of everyone in the company. She not only works hard but works to build the company as a connected team by planning company evernts. My favorite part of the job was the company event where we went go karting, bowling, and had a full course buffet on a ship on NYC.

Another great part of the job was how committed the workers were willing to share how the product works with a mini presentation by the guy who invented the product. This presentation is another’s part of how welcoming everyone is to having you on the team and helping your to understand the product.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays. Also all the free snacks you could ever want.
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning.
Small, committed team working on real technology with a mission
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2017
Small committed team working to decentralize communications through mesh-networking.

I like working here because the team here really cares about what they're building. If you like the idea of really "owning" what you do and can thrive in a sink-or-swim environment of other high achievers, then you'll like it here. If you'd rather take it easy or hide, or don't care about the mission, you will fail/hate it.

My average day is really self-directed with standup meetings in the mornings other ad hoc meetings. The CEO has a really clear vision/mission for the company and has done a good job recently of attracting excellent people to replace weak links. The team doubled in last year and now includes people from Qualcomm, BBN Raytheon, Alcatel, August, Makerbot, Intel etc.

In what affected me most, we had weak engineering leadership until late last year, which led to unnecessary emergencies due to bad planning. New engineering/product managers are excellent and probably best I've ever worked with

First employee has been here for 4+ years; a few left at 3-year mark for personal reasons to California, and there's a handful reaching 2 years - otherwise most people joined within last year like me. I feel like everyone on the team today is the best at what they do.

Oh - great benefits! 100 % of premiums are paid by the company for plans with low/no deductibles which I've never had before.
Pros
Catered lunch 2x week, excellent benefits, great mission, challenging work, really smart coworkers
Cons
Small team means everyone wears many hats (can be a pro!)
Brother - sister co-founders
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
I've never worked in a company where the founders shout at each other in meetings. It's not a healthy environment. They seem to be carrying a lot of baggage from their childhood together.

The CEO should not be allowed to manage people as she has no empathy. She does not want to fail and is driven by that fear; she will blatantly lie to blame everyone else for her own shortcomings.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Did I mention the CEO?
Creative and Collaborative Work Environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Great coworkers and location. Small and intimate office setting. Relaxed and casual work environment makes you feel at home right away. Interesting to work with a start up. Would recommend to anyone looking for a personable, interesting work experience with a great community.

Minutes from Manhattan on the L-line and right by Bedford street which has cute shops and restaurants.