Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 29, 2015
Great experience for first time cook. Full time with benefits are a great plus. Training provided for position and great on job experience.
Good place to work.
Driver, Dispatatcher (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2016
I work at Gottlieb Hospital for 8 years and loved my job. They down sized my department and I was let go.
I picked up patients for there appointments at the hospital and when they were finished took them home.
It was very rewarding for me.
My co-workers and supervisor were great.
The rewarding feelings I got I will always remember.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Some patients were very ill and passed on. I truly felt badly.
I wouldn't take road kill there and neither would the paramedics
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 17, 2013
A typical day is chaotic. There are no in-services compared to other top rated hospitals I worked at. Management did not listen to the concerns of the staff and how short-handed we were. Co-workers left you on you on. This hospital is rate #30 in US World News and I think this is generous but I don't believe you can go down further. The doctors do no examine their patients nor exhibit concern especially in the ER. As a patient I was thoroughly disgusted, they spelled my name wrong on my paperwork I wanted transferred to my regular physicians. I won't take road kill there.
Pros
good salary
Cons
your staff rns did not help you
My productive on my job is B
Patient Account (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 28, 2013
My day start with me pulling my work from the medtech system; following up on all reminder. after that is done, I start with the Epic system make sure every reminder is done in that system, and after that done i write up my charity application, making sure the patients has provide me with all documents thats need to process the application , if not make a call to them and let them know what is missing.I make calls to all commerical (Blue Cross, United Health care, Aetna) insurance companys that has under paid, and make sure they pay us according to the contracts and explain to them how we should have got paid. Once that is done I follow up on workers' compensation claim and make sure they pay us according the workers compensation guidelines.The hardest part of my job is making sure each patient give me the documents i need to process the application. The most enjoyable part of my job is help the patient and making sure the hospital get paid for the service that was provide.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no overtime
Fun environment
Volunteer, Outpatient Lab (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Show up every Saturday and just relax while waiting for tasks to do such as run the blood to the main lab and start running the samples or restock the outpatient lab. CO-workers and managers were great to work with all the time.
Pros
Free meal, network of people
Cons
Gloomy environment
good hospital .fun to be a part of team
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  melrose park. IlSeptember 30, 2015
different hours everyday.I learned to perform blood banking here.
management was good. coworkers were team players. hardest part of job was phlebotomy and most rewarding part was flexibility.
Productive, fun, respective environment
Medical (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 29, 2013
Great opportunities for career enhancement, Respectful co-workers and open minded management
Pros
good benefits and raises
Cons
short breaks
Not so good with too many changes
RN (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 8, 2014
It got worse when other institutions took over. It has gone from feeling like family to feeling like a number. Your loyalty is inconsequential. Your opinions are asked but do not really matter. Benefits and pay have been reduced. Morale has been low for a long, long time.
Nice, Clean place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 23, 2014
This was just an experience i had it wasn't a job.

Scheduling appointments
Ordering supplies
Helping patients
Pros
good benefits, pay rate
Cons
Productive and Fun workplace with peers
Janitorial Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2015
It would be okay and normal. I learned about Doctor's Clinics. The management was good. The co-workers were respectful. The hardest part was nothing.The most enjoyable part was everything.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Short Breaks
Overall not bad place to work if you keep your head down
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 20, 2014
Typically work is the same everyday. There are various jobs that needed to be done, therefore work is divided up with the co-workers who come to work. If your short supervisors do great with picking up the slack and giving a helping hand. Co-workers a typical people you meet everyday, nice people everyone means well. Hardest part of the job is clean up, at the end of the shift. Management isn't hands on which hurts when needed. Management is hard to work with and isn't helpful. Although they do want to have an open door policy it doesn't really work that way. Its best to work with supervisors, they are the best.
Pros
supervisors are nice and hands on
Cons
management is very distant from department; doesn't have good knowledge of employees
Able to do what I am passionate about.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 27, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients, and help care for them and meet their needs during their stay on my unit. A typical day at work is caring for the patients, passing out medications, attending to their needs, consulting with the doctors, addressing family concerns, admitting new patients and discharging as well. I adore my co-workers, we make a pretty solid team. When I need them they are there to help me in any way, and I for them. We all want what is best for the patients, and to give them the care that they deserve. I have really great coworkers. The management team is not as strong as I would expect, but with the lack of management assistance, I think it makes the staff stronger to pull together and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is sometimes being assaulted by the patients, but in this field, it is to be expected that not everything is going to run smoothly, and it is a daily learning lesson on how to overcome new obstacles. Working in this field has broadened my horizons and given me more skills to move forward within my career, such as team building skills, time management, and being quick to adapt and conquer any challenging situation.
Wow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 15, 2015
So i was unfortunate to work for the worst manager in the company. I quickly found out that if you did not work when you were asked to come in on your day off you would be penalized by having to work an extra weekend on the next schedule.
many people were fired or quit in my short time there. I did have some great coworkers and the food was not bad in the caf when we actually had a chance to have more than 3 minutes for lunch.
Great athmosphere and people to work with but understaffed
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 17, 2014
There no such thing as a typical day at work at Gottlieb Hospital. Every day was different and presented new challenges. A typical day can consist of walking through the doors and having a line of patients waiting to have their exam performed or just simply having a stead flow of patients throughout the day. We never knew how busy or slow the ER or O.R can get so every day brought new challenges. Gottlieb Hospital was always being bought out either by Loyola or Trinity so are management was always implementing new rules. I couldn't say anything bad about any of my co workers since all of them are great people and great workers, most of them became some of my good friends over the years that I worked with them. They always had my back during work and outside of work and we always worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was actually helping any patient that walked through the door and receiving a Thank You and a warm smile from them at the end of our exam.
Pros
close to home, free holiday lunches
Cons
no lunch break during my ct shift
environment with various diagnoses to help strengthen all nurses' skills
RN, BSN, orthopedic/surgical/med surg nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Showing up for work early to obtain pertinent patient information, such as labs, abnormal test results, and the patients' overall goals for the day. After introducing myself with my favorite phrase, "Hello, my name is Jennifer and I will be your nurse caring for you today." I believe this establishes a good rapport with the patient and myself, and may alleviate anxiety related to being in the hospital or feeling alone. I consult with doctors during their briefing and learn about diagnoses, plan of care and new medications. I respect management, and I am flexible if needed due to census changes. Teamwork with co-workers helps build professional relationships, but also trust to obtain the best outcome for our patients. The hardest part of being a nurse is seeing a patient give up hope for personal reasons. The most enjoying part of nursing is helping patients reach their goals towards recovery, and feeling as though you made a difference by helping a person in need.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
remembering to stay hydrated
Its never a dull moment
Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park,ILJune 5, 2012
Upon arriving at work, I start out the day by greeting my fellow coworkers, then I move on to counting my bank. When I am finally situated I grab my first patient to register. While working I am introduced to many different people for many different reasons why they come into the hospital. I enjoy having a short respectful conversation with a patient to make the registration process go by fast but interesting. When there is downtime in the day I will work on pre registering patients for up coming procedures. I enjoy my work day when I keep busy it makes the day go by faster.
Pros
having a job
Cons
full parking lot
Environmental Services Housekeeping Department
Housekeeper Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 4, 2013
I have been working for this hospital for over a year and its great being here at this establishment. I require the happy atmosphere of the customers and staff that work here at Gottlieb. We as a community based facility provide assistance in all areas of customer service and emergency care. My job is to make sure that customers are satisfied with the work you perform and the friendly attitude that comes along with it. My job is a fun job and you have to make your job fun and enjoy doing the work.
Pros
budget your time and be prompt.
Cons
assist in all areas of customer service and satisfy your customers.
Very productive employee & out going
Administrator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 12, 2014
I am a employee at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital work for 1 General Surgeon I am seeking for a seasonal or 3 day out of the week position. I am fluently Bilingual. A typical work day for me is to walk in and start my day with a smile and good attitude. I have learned a lot over my 4years of positioning Administrator/ Manager. I could honestly say that I love challenges so I am ready for any hard part of job duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure my patients and customers are happy.
constent walking cleaning rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 8, 2014
• Maintain a sterol environment
• Follows detailed worksheet for each room cleaning Completes inventory of rooms contents on form provided.
• Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
• Daily maintenance of hot tubs. Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Change bedding and make beds as directed.
• Stock room food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed. Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Cons
always short staff and low pay
educational and enjoyable
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 9, 2012
i enjoy the company that i am currently employed at ... my coworkers are fun to be with, we get plenty of experience in patients of all ages and scenerios, get to keep up with my CME's
Pros
holidays are time and a half, including birthday, mildly flexible schedule
Cons
i love my career, but i feel like im always working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location