Goucher College Employee Reviews

Great work place, with people who really care about the student-athletes.
Strength & Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDApril 29, 2015
I have worked at Goucher for over 4-years and it has been a great experience. The staff there is one of a kind and genuinely cares about the well-being of the student-athletes.
Not recommended for administrative professionals
Assistant to Exec Director for Alumnae/i Affairs (Former Employee) –  TowsonSeptember 30, 2014
Typical day - don't see, don't talk, don't ask
Learned - how to deal with unskilled and incompetent managers
Management - what is that?
Co-workers - diverse group
Hardest part of the job - being heard
Most enjoyable part of the job - dealing with students
Pros
nice grounds
Cons
who cares
Hard worker work well with teamplayers
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2014
I would like to work and apply myself in all area of your company I am willing to work hard for your company.
Secretary Job
Faculty Secretary Assistance (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDMay 27, 2014
My job at Goucher College was amazing. I was a student worker there. Now that I graduated, I no longer have the job.
Work Study Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2014
I loved being an office assistant. I am very organized and had the opportunity to meet and help new people all the time. I learned how to run an office smoothly and how to be even more organized than before. I wish this wasn't a work study job and was a place I could have permanent employment.
Pros
easy going environment, helpful and friendly co workers
Cons
work study not permanent
Good Liberal Arts college with progressive Faculty
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 5, 2013
My Tenure at Goucher was very enjoyable. A very well run institution with a great faculty. The President is very progressive and has made great strides in bringing the College into the twenty first century.
Pros
size: student population is just the right size..
Working with faculty/students was fulfilling but the politics of the education system was overwhelming at times.
Chemical Stockroom MGR/Chemical Hygiene Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2013
On a weekly basis I prepped solutions for 6-8 chemistry and bio-chemistry teaching laboratories, both undergraduate and post-graduate. I maintained, calibrated and operated instruments and equipment for all. I organized and maintained an orderly stockroom. I ordered all consumables , chemicals and equipment. I routinely met with faculty(8 members) to determine their needs for each semester depending on who was teaching which class and how they like their lab set up. The faculty members were helpful but at times the students could get out of hand. I also managed each student teaching assistant and facilitator with time cards representing the time spent working in the chemistry department. I managed all waste disposal and removal from the campus via a waste disposal company.
Pros
beautiful campus, able to carpool with others
Cons
i was two people for the price of one
I love working in the President's Office
Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 2, 2013
My job is a very faced paced, multi-tasking, highly confidential position. Personal assistant to the President. Extensive calendar management.
Productive workplace. The staff if very professional.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 28, 2013
Work flow was pretty steady. Had to be a dedicated team player when co-workers called out. I really loved the fact that we are off about 2 weeks for Christmas break.
The work day hours were 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Management and staff understood and supported the division's and the college's missions.
Alumnae/i Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 28, 2013
The support staff had daily, weekly, and monthly goals to attain. Staff members were expected to act and work in a professional manner and respect their co-workers and managers' needs. The hardest part of the job was when a staff member left for new employment and covering the work while the hiring process was implemented. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the campus community (students, faculty, visitors, parents, trustees, etc.).
Pros
working in a learning environment
Cons
having to work weekends on special occasions
Pay is not great
Student services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2013
The pay is not great at all, neither are the benefits, but the students are awesome!
Workstudy job on campus, overseen by professor
Studio Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2013
Students from sculpture classes often have questions and concerns regarding tools and constructing, so I oversee them and assist with projects. It is a fairly slow paced job but I also usually work with one or two other techs. I also perform work in the office, and maintain the studio conditions and cleanliness.
Pros
flexible schedules and breaks
Cons
minimum wage, late hours
Enjoyable place to work. Faculty is dedicated to chemistry education.
Chemical Stockroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 24, 2012
I enjoy working for Goucher College. The faculty is great. They are always available for questions, big or small. My typical day begins at 8AM and ends at 430PM. The best part of the job is interacting with students who want to succeed in the field of chemistry. The toughest part of the job was starting it without the benefit of being trained by my predecessor.
Pros
week day work only, christmas break
Cons
summer breaks brings a different type of student, tuesday and thursday labs
The job has good pay rate.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 22, 2012
The college is a nice placeto work but it can get out of hand as Security officer dealing with the partying on campus. And there's lack of communication within the department. The director is an controlling and un professional in management.
Pros
good benefits, paid weekly
Cons
alot of walking, 30min lunch breaks, director of public safety treat employees terrible