The position is responsible for directing all financial activities, as well as seeking additional opportunities for growth of our investment real estate business, including but not limited to the following:
1) Evaluate and manage accounting procedures and systems;
2) Coordinate and manage financing activities;
3) Oversee strategic planning objectives to enhance organization’s growth and profitability;
4) Responsible for all financial statement reporting, tax return requirements, payroll, and budgetary objectives;
5) Oversee general ledger, accounts receivable and payable, cash management, preparation of financial statements, and budgeting/forecasting and purchasing;
6) Analyze, evaluate and negotiate new business acquisitions and development;
7) Recommend and manage banking and financial needs and relationships.
- Perform detailed analytical review of financial information.
- Manage financial accounting and reporting activities for 40+ legal business entities.
- Work directly with lenders with regard to refinancing negotiations, debt payments, etc.
- Global cash management.
- Manage tax planning, preparation, and filing requirements with outside accounting firm which includes providing all data needed for completion of business entity and trust returns.
- Manage, review and monitor real estate tax valuations, proceed with appeals if warranted with outside counsel. (Client billings performed by Controller.)
- Oversee quarterly payroll tax returns.
- Entity Officer and authorized Check Signer.
Business Functions involving Company Controller
- Oversee MRI Accounting and Reporting Systems and Argus Investment Analysis Program.
- Oversee Accounting staff of 2 + 1 including month-end closing and account reconciliation process, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll preparation for office staff and weekly payroll preparation for field hourly staff.
- Recommend and monitor business insurance needs, bid needs and processing of claims with selected outside providers.
- Oversee the reconciliation and invoicing of commercial tenants for pro-rata share of taxes and other charges (CAM, Real Estate Taxes, Insurances).
- Oversee purchasing functions.
- Oversee business offices, including office systems and equipment.
- Oversee residential and commercial property management functions, including budgeting, collections, credit approval and leasing activities.
- Oversee property maintenance and construction related activities, including cost control, financial evaluations and contract negotiations.
Joint Responsibilities with CEO
- New Business Development.
- General Legal matters
- Human Resources including employee benefits and 401k administration in conjunction with both the CEO and HR Administrator
- CPA preferred. MBA or Real Estate Graduate Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related accounting experience in investment real estate acquisitions, development, construction, and management with at least 3-5 years experience in a senior management position.
- Ability to manage multiple reporting entities and direct multiple projects and activities with varied deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to problem solve and exercise effective judgment.
- Positive Attitude (90% of the Challenge).
- Proven TEAM Leader and TEAM Player.
- Strategic Thinking / Visioning (able to look ahead and see the big picture).
- Resourceful and a Resource.
- Creative and Innovative Thinking.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Harmonious Approach to Dealings with Colleagues and Associates.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and Networking Ability
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products; Argus Analysis and MRI a plus.
Real Estate Development, Property Management and Property Maintenance