Gourmet Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great company to learn more customer service skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 27, 2016
My most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and students. The hardest part of my job was my co-workers that were not my manager trying to be my manager. Well some of my co-workers were great to work with and others tried to boss me and a few others around like they were our boss. We all had to report to the same boss and sometimes they showed favoritism to certain co-workers. I learned a few management skills, some table setting skills from catering jobs, and a lot more customer service skills. A typical day was very tiring. I stood at the front door and greeted all customers and students as they came in. I helped them with the purchase of their meals, the customers and students that did not have meal plans. I had to calmly and with a smile on my face explain to the students that lost their meal cards that they had to pay for their meals. Some of them I had to call management on because of their attitude with me.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
No free lunches, short breaks, to many internal attitudes
Very challenging work place
Production (Former Employee) –  alabamaOctober 14, 2015
Very difficult in trying to get a structural environment to work in... Its always about the politics in this field of work. Love trying to make a difference for students dining. Every day never knew what to expect. Enjoyed the opportunity it presented but just wasnt for me.
Pros
i LOVE WHAT i DO...
Cons
Health Care
Great Job
Officer Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 5, 2015
The job was great. It was fun and liberating. Everyday I was able to learn new things and innovate new ways of doing things.
Gourmet & Company is an incredible atmosphere for anyone who enjoys fine dining.
Host/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 29, 2014
On any given day I could be the front of house manager, cashier, or I could be the host, no matter the task everyone at Gourmet worked together as a team to ensure the guests at Gourmet had the best dining experience possible. I really wanted to work in the restaurant industry to gain experience while in school and Gourmet was excellent because they were flexible with with my schedule and management was always great and very understanding. At Gourmet I learned to coordinate with customers and employees on placing orders and also helping with the overflow and seating during the lunch and dinner rushes, which at times can be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of working at Gourmet is always seeing customers leave smiling and come back smiling.
Pros
incredible place to work and dine.
Great job lovely people but seasonal
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 28, 2014
I loved working at gourmet services I just did not like having to find summer jobs every year and being laid off during the holidays it was too much of a struggle for cash during the most important times of the year for college student.
Pros
great people
Cons
too many breaks without pay
Great experience
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2014
I learned how to prep, cook ,design & become the owners 1st hand person, we did a lot of events.....any where from 5 to 3000 people , it was an awesome experience, I truly enjoyed this job, but my husband & I moved to Florida, so therefore that job came to an end
Learned new skills and worked in a team enviroment.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 25, 2013
Hardest part of job was working in high volume traffic without proper tools.
Working with my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
part-time
Fast paced, production type atmosphere, result oriented daily
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2013
I presently work in mostly fast pace atmospheres where it is a lot of hands on supervision, planning, budgeting, catering, reports and fact building and etc. I understand how to exercise conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity. The food service business depends on a range of skills to manage time, accomplish specific tasks, projects and goals while complying to a due date.

I have learned the necessary skillset to manage food service cafeterias, restaurants, concession stands, private parties and etc. I also have learned to work with many types of personalities, with a wide range of skillsets and to focus on treating people the way I want to be treated.

I believe that management holds the responsibility to grow a business and must have the necessary skillset to utilize the practical techniques that can provide positive results when leading people. There has to be some consensus amongst management that an individual has a family life and need to have time with family to be more job focused, successful, and happy individuals.

Most of my co-workers are skilled individuals and customer service oriented. They are good people to work with and possess strong ability to adapt to situations as they occur.

The hardest part of the job is traveling and leaving my family for sometime months at a time as situations arrive in various locations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working to motivate people and to see that motivation result in positive customer satisfaction.
Pros
small business, tight knit co-workers, supportive colleagues
Cons
excessive travel for long periods of time
Its a productive work place, where I get to learn how to conduct myself as a manager in the foodservice industry.
Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work will be what you make. It depends on you, your attitude and mind frame play a big roll in the workplace.
Pros
good pay
Cons
some of the higher up people inside the company need to be replaced.
It was the most wonderful and interseting job I have ever had!
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WANovember 8, 2012
I started working in the lab and worked my way up to Quality Manager, I like working for a company that makes me feel good.
Pros
good company, good people. good products.