$90,000 - $120,000/ Annual Salary + Benefits
Phoenix professionals we are looking for you!
The Database Developer / Administrator will work within a professional, dynamic and creative agile development team to support delivery of a major program of change that will bring significant business benefit. This position will be responsible for defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the Data Migration Team to deliver a robust, testable, repeatable framework of jobs and scripts for migrating data and producing reconciliation reports to confirm success or failure in a testing environment. The successful candidate will work closely with a highly experienced development team in reviewing the stored procedures to ensure that they are optimized according to best practices. In addition the Database Developer selected will also work with management in defining the DB standards and best practices to implement and continue to improve and refine them.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the creation of any new database instances required to support the implementation and use of applications developed. Additional development responsibilities include design, development and maintenance of appropriately-scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Integration Services and related tools. This position will ensure design and development take into account all aspects of requirements - including data quality, customer experience, architecture, security and operations. Provide input on design and fine tuning of the database queries and structures.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for database server setup of SQL Server 2008 R2 and creating development, and production environments
- Provide support and maintenance for production databases
- Maintain and monitor database backups and rotating archives of backup files
- Configure and monitor database mirroring for mission-critical databases
- Daily database server health checks for: backups, jobs, mirroring, replication, etc.
- Monitor and profile production database servers for load and performance bottlenecks
- Query optimization and performance tuning
- Assist application developers with database schema and procedure changes according to best practices
- Analysis and approval of database schema and procedure changes from the sandbox to Development, QA, and production environments
- Deliver a robust, testable, repeatable framework of jobs and scripts for migrating data and producing reconciliation reports to confirm success or failure. rite and update advanced SQL stored procedures and SSIS packages for business reporting purposes
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related IT field.
- 5 - 7 years of direct experience as a MS SQL Developer / DBA supporting implementations, administration and support
- Must have experience with MS Windows Server, SQL Server 2008, Replication, Mirroring High Availability (cluster servers) and DB clustering.
- Expertise and knowledge of best practices with SQL SSIS and SQL development and optimization.
Analytical thinker, ability to organize work in a precise manner, solving problems using clear logic from problem definition to solution, ability to concentrate for a long period of time, and is relentless in pursuit of meaningful solutions. Is able to identify areas where other expertise is required and is willing to be self-directed in gaining knowledge and seeking help. Someone at this level learns quickly, follows instructions precisely, and documents his/her work carefully, strive for excellence, and is looking for continuous process improvement.