Government

Government Employer Reviews

Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no support or direction from management
I enjoy my job with respect of helping people who made mistakes and are trying to become productive members of society again. My greatest pleasure is helping people who come to our country for a better life and are thankful for things we take for granted.
Helping the community everyday was gratifying
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: going to public events
Cons: dealing with frustrated people
I learned there is more to your community than just living in it. Management was very thorough and caring just like my coworkers. the hardest part of my job was helping with immunization clinics. The most enjoyable part of my job was being of the whole process.
I enjoy helping people
Translator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
I translate English to Arabic, and Arabic to English
As I learned English by attending classes and practicing everyday. I wanted to help other people learn and solve problems. For example translating at a court house.
Loved my Job. Knowing that I am protecting those that I loved.
United States Marine Corps (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: knowing i'm making america safer with those i'm serving with.
Cons: could be killed.
Training to protect this Country. I learned leadership skills, everything I needed to learn to fight for my loved ones. My officers were stern but great to work with. My Marines were great never had a problem with any of them. The hardest part of the job was knowing that one day, I could be killed in action. Then again I loved protecting this Country.
ALWAYS '' LOOK UP''
FAA CERTIFIED AEROSPACE MECHANICAL HISTORICAL (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 6, 2014
What you will do in your lifetime will always reflect your capabilities in life. At work , at play , in an emergency. Those of us who accelerate when the present spirit is saying , ''slow down'' are indeed a rare breed. The records are out there .My recent school experience as a full time student say it all, I am a two time Honor Society student with – more... an excellent work ethic that is always looking for another event horizon or always ''looking up''. – less
Correction Officer
Department of Correctional Facility/DC Jail (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: different shifts
Cons: great security
I enjoyed working with Department of Correction with pride.
Rat Race!
Consolidated Electrical Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friends that i mad through the years
Cons: traveling out of town!
A typical day at the office was reviewing paperwork and subcontracts. Organization is a must for this job!
short time
Data Entry Operator / Typist (Former Employee), Nagappattinam, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bus fare
Cons: education school or college
Job typing centre, kumbakonam and Asst. Director of Agri, Nannilam
Its Government work
Police Officer (Current Employee), Shenandoah ValleyJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, retirement
Cons: work schedule can be inflexible at times.
Hours are set, you know your schedule before hand, you can take vacation. Holiday pay is also there in the for of comp time, health care is also good.
HAD TO LEARN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TB MED 530 and SERV-SAFE.
Food Service Manager/ Interim Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOJune 8, 2014
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR LEARNING NEW SKILLS.
AVERAGE DAY STARTED AT 5 AM, I OPERATED RETAIL, AND PATIENT SERVICES AT A MILITARY HOSPITAL.
SEEING SOLDERS RETURN FROM TOUR OF DUTY
Good place for young individuals to start in life
United States Marine Corps (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: free travel, food, living, and education
Cons: you have to be ready at a moments notice to defend our country
The Military is awesome you are always learning something new or training.
A very stable and consistent work environment
US Army 92G/Chef (Current Employee), Forest Grove, ORApril 24, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, steady pay, great learning opportunities
Cons: long nights, minimum pay
A typical day on the job you are up at the crack of dawn and you are boots on ground and working. Its normally a very long and tedious day for everyone but it was enjoyable. The best part of the day was normally at chow when everyone got to relax and enjoy a hot meal and socialize until we had to go back to work.
n/a
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: no place meant
very great place to work!
getting to understand the company.
PRODUCTIVE. NO CHANCE FOR BREAKS
CAPTAIN, Bomb Technician / Inspector of Explosives (Current Employee), Pretoria, GAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: company vehicle to use
Cons: no breaks
DEALING WITH CLIENTS
ISSUING OF EXPLOSIVES LICENCES AND PERMITS
ENQUIRIES FROM INSPECTORS OF EXPLOSIVES
TRAINING OF MEMBERS
HAVE TO MANAGE OFFICE - MANAGEMENT IN NATIONAL MEETINGS
CO- WORKERS CO-OPERATIVE BUT COULD PERFORM BETTER - MANAGERS NOT AVAILABLE, I AM NOT TOTALLY IN CHARGE OF MEMBERS TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM
LOVE THE WORK, BUSY EVERYDAY, NEW – more... CHALLENGES EVERY DAY - MULTI - TASKING – less
Rewarding job
United States Postal Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: you could be put on any shift. mornings, days and evenings
Working for the USPS gives great stability and long term employment. There are Federal laws that must be followed to the letter. This teaches accountabilty to your fellow coworkers and supervisors. It can be a very physical and mental job but worth it
A Fun Place To Work
United Staes Marine (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCDecember 31, 2013
Pros: healthcare, dental, free food, free housing and interesting work environment
Cons: short breaks and stressful environment on occasion
I believe that I am fortunate for being able to do things that no one else will ever be able to do as civilians. A typical day is learning how to operate weapon systems and deal with NCOs, SNCOs, and Officers.
Semper Fi
US Marine (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HINovember 17, 2013
The Marine Corps made me the man I am today. If you are up to the challenge and want to serve your country in the finest fighting force in the world the US Marine Corps is it.
Good for your country
US Army Personnel (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXNovember 12, 2013
Great skills and life lessons learned in a short amount of time.
quiet focused serious environment
Office Assistant, Office Clerks, General (Former Employee), Madera, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: long lunches
Cons: no benefits, long hours, no team work
Coming to work in an office is stressful sooo much paperwork when I arrive data entry and mail to send out by a certain deadline while you have to assist customers in the front is a little stressful.. everyone in the office is on their own we have our own assignments so working as a team is out of the question..You either finish or you don't. Even though – more... I always got the work done properly and on time I was always stressed out..Management wasn't much help at all unless your doing something wrong and get knocked for it...hard work in the office does not get recognized unless they profit from it...the only thing I enjoyed was my hour long lunch.. – less
Productive, fun people to be around, but can get pretty dull pretty easy
Army National Guard (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 4, 2013
Pros: pays well
Cons: no real breaks
Pretty laid back, but has it's moments where it goes pretty fast... But what else do you expect from the military?
Overall pretty decent job, probably better than anything that I've had civilian side.

1 2 3 4 5