GOVERNOR'S OFFICE Employee Reviews

Learned a lot about communication and politics
Monitoring official (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 15, 2014
Good place to start your career in the field of communications.
It was an exciting and interesting job
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 13, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: some of the cases were very painful to read about
I loved working for this company. It taught me a lot of life lessons and helped me to realize how fragile life can be.
Warm, friendly environment
Executive Chamber (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: commute to work is great
Cons: short breaks
I always start off my day with a warm and friendly smile to brighten up the day. I listen to phone messages and input concerns into IBM Lotus Notes. I assist and resolve constituents complaints. I direct them to the appropriate personnel or agency. During Hurricane Sandy I learned how hands on and effective the Executive Chamber can be. My manager and co-workers are great to work with. When staff is away I dont enjoy because the office is very quiet and time goes by so slowly. I take great pride in my position because it allows me to help those who are in need and confused.
An honor
Deputy Advisor for Administrative Affairs (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 9, 2013
Working at the Governor's Office gives you the sense of working hard for your own benefit because what you do, affects society directly
a great place to work
Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2012
Pros: public service, helping constituents solve issues, meeting new people
a chance to learn and grow serving the people of Ohio. Meeting and representing the Governor at events. Coordinating special events and press conferences. Meeting and coordinating international delegations and dignitaries.
A great job to work mostly by yourself and be productive.
Accounting Fiscal Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 31, 2012
Pros: secure position
Cons: parking in downtown columbia
Variety of duties to include data entry; compiling vouchers and records for auditing; limited receptionist duties; and miscellaneous activities pertaining to the Governor's Office. This is a "State Job" that is very rewarding if you hang in there. The hardest part of my job was resigning.
N/a
Auditor III (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 30, 2012
I enjoyed working with different agencies to help communties, but the position was only a 2 year contract position.
Great Working Environment
College Intern (Former Employee), Olympia, WAMarch 8, 2012
Pros: great place
The Governor's Office of Washington State was a great work experience. I worked as a College Intern with no pay but learned a lot duirng my 2 months there.