GOVERNOR'S OFFICE Employee Reviews

Very professional senior staff
Executive Assistant to Governor (Colombia) (Former Employee) –  BogotaJune 16, 2017
Comfortable work environment. Good employee benefits. Organization instills a sense of confidence in its employees that the organization is reliable.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I enjoyed taking part in helping children in foster care
Review Board Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 11, 2016
I worked on the foster care review board and had the opportunity to join the foster care review board a coordinator. The work day was very busy, but the job was rewarding when I knew that we had actually helped a family.
Pros
Rewarding job helping families
Cons
Lots of travel
The Office of State Budget Director, in the Govenor's Office, trained me and shaped my outlook on public service.
Analyst, State Budget Director's Office (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 16, 2016
The Office of State Budget Director provides a significant advantage to any staff that have worked there and learned from the experience.

This Office gave me numerous opportunities to advance my public sector experience on behalf of the smallest boards and commissions, to significant life safety and disaster recovery policy experience, being the analyst for the Department for Military Affairs and finally working as the senior analyst for the Finance Cabinet, the Statewide Capital Assignment and the Postsecondary Education assignment which worked with nine public Kentucky Postsecondary Education Institutions.
Pros
Significant public sector experience with a diverse group of agency assignments.
Cons
Every other winter and odd-year fall/even-year winter, had to work, basically, every weekend with only Christmas Day off in order to develop budgets for the Governor.
The Pool
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2016
While working at Bally's Casino under Caesars Entertainment, I worked with nine other guards daily to ensure that our pool was clean, set up properly, and watched out for all of our gents. Every day as a team we would un-stacked chair out on the pool deck and every day re-stacked them for cleaning. As well as cleaning the pool deck of dirty towels and ensuring that everyone was safe at the pool, I helped at our front desk assisting with questions and handing out fresh towels to guests.
Learned a lot about communication and politics
Monitoring official (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 15, 2014
Good place to start your career in the field of communications.
It was an exciting and interesting job
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 13, 2014
I loved working for this company. It taught me a lot of life lessons and helped me to realize how fragile life can be.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Some of the cases were very painful to read about
Warm, friendly environment
Executive Chamber (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2013
I always start off my day with a warm and friendly smile to brighten up the day. I listen to phone messages and input concerns into IBM Lotus Notes. I assist and resolve constituents complaints. I direct them to the appropriate personnel or agency. During Hurricane Sandy I learned how hands on and effective the Executive Chamber can be. My manager and co-workers are great to work with. When staff is away I dont enjoy because the office is very quiet and time goes by so slowly. I take great pride in my position because it allows me to help those who are in need and confused.
Pros
commute to work is great
Cons
short breaks
An honor
Deputy Advisor for Administrative Affairs (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 9, 2013
Working at the Governor's Office gives you the sense of working hard for your own benefit because what you do, affects society directly
a great place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2012
a chance to learn and grow serving the people of Ohio. Meeting and representing the Governor at events. Coordinating special events and press conferences. Meeting and coordinating international delegations and dignitaries.
Pros
public service, helping constituents solve issues, meeting new people
A great job to work mostly by yourself and be productive.
Accounting Fiscal Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 31, 2012
Variety of duties to include data entry; compiling vouchers and records for auditing; limited receptionist duties; and miscellaneous activities pertaining to the Governor's Office. This is a "State Job" that is very rewarding if you hang in there. The hardest part of my job was resigning.
Pros
secure position
Cons
parking in downtown columbia
N/a
Auditor III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 30, 2012
I enjoyed working with different agencies to help communties, but the position was only a 2 year contract position.
Great Working Environment
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 8, 2012
The Governor's Office of Washington State was a great work experience. I worked as a College Intern with no pay but learned a lot duirng my 2 months there.
Pros
great place