GoWireless Employee Reviews

Good job if they stopped changing things every month
Wireless Consultant and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 2, 2017
I worked there for two years, and the job started well. Then they kept changing commission and management and it went downhill rather fast. They moved me four times in 5 months, and then took most of our commission away and it got so bad that a lot of folks were struggling to pay bills.
Keep looking
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 2, 2017
When I was hired, I was mislead about the compensation and how exactly the commission works and what the requirements were to earn the full commission. I heard several different versions from 2 or 3 different supervisors of how the commission structure works and what was it needed to be done in order to earn a good commission check. I loved the people that I worked with which I would have to say was the best part of the job. The way the scheduling worked was also very out of the norm, you worked different shifts every other shift. One shift you would close 9pm or 10pm and then the next day you have to be in by 7am. The schedule always changed every week and you never knew what to expect. The job itself was not hard, talk to customers all day and try to sell them products.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and 1 hour lunches
Cons
Scheduling, break schedule and lack of compensation, no room for advancement.
I give it two stars only for the coworkers
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Worked here for almost a year and saw many people come and go. Upper management is pretty much as you would expect nothing spectacular pretty much a bunch of overpaid jerks. It's a sales position with the capability to make a lot of money if you don't mind over selling people things and by that I mean go advantage screen protector programs...literally you'll have to find a way to sell customers at least four in a single transaction just to make your quota. God help you if you don't because they will make it very known how disposable you are, So job security is pretty non-existent. Honestly the only good thing I can say was the coworkers... if you get lucky. So I guess in conclusion it's a just a job nothing really to build a career with.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Management, ridiculous quotas, and lack of job security
Solidly mediocre
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 1, 2016
Not the best, not the worst. All in all, an easy place to cut your teeth in sales. I recommend being the first person to greet all the new customers.
Dishonest in hiring process
Call Center Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 9, 2016
When I was hired at go wireless I was promised things that couldn't be provided. Compensation was much less than promised. Potential to earn has a very low cap.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Management, breaks, scheduling
Incredibly difficult highly rewarding
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 4, 2016
This was the hardest job ive ever done. I don thtink most people are cut out for the massive amounts of rejection that go along with cold approaching. if you get over it you can make alot of money.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Rejection from cold approaching
Okay place to work
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Job is all about location, population means money, okay pay and relaxing but boring. would go sometimes the whole day without customers with a quota to meet.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to hit quota if your in a low population area
Too many changes
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 24, 2016
The company was going through major changes during my employment. stores were closing left and right. policy changes were happening on a daily basis. staff and mid level management were great.
Pros
In store atmosphere was always positive
Cons
too many policy changes and changes to pay structure
Terrible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 22, 2016
Upper management only concerned with their paychecks. They'll take advantage and over work you. Commission structure changes for the worst every cpl months. For managers you can't take a vacation without being screwed thanks to no commission relief for vacation time.
Pros
Freebies from vendors
Cons
Commission structure, lack of empathy, no work/life balance
Exciting and fun
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2016
Gowireless was a good company, they taught me a lot and gave me a huge bust with my future jobs. They taught me a lot about how the wireless industry works.
Pros
you have the ability to advance
Cons
they dont' pay as much as other companies
Excellent Place to Work
Wireless Consultant/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cave Creek, AZJune 26, 2016
Its a very fast paced sales job and it is so much fun. The leadership is amazing and they truly want to look out for their employees. Its not even because of minimum quotas or general happy go lucky attitudes the company is generally one of the only companies you'll work for that lives up to its mission statement.

"Everything starts with me and ends with US!"
Pros
Excellent Pay, Superior Management
Cons
Steep Learning Curve
Productive and fast-paced workplace with engaging work culture
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 9, 2016
As a Sales Agent, my primary duties were resolving inbound calls and creating opportunities through outbound calls. The was decidedly more customer service than sales, although both skills were very important during a normal day. Motivation is an absolute must, as it can be easy to find yourself off-task during downtime or chatting with co-workers. Management is very helpful, but doesn't micromanage. Your co-workers here will be the best part of the job.
Okay!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 2, 2016
Lots to learn at Go. Money was very good and they changed it later to almost no money. I still believe that the company is doing it is best to provide employees with all they can to get them to perform to a 100%
Productive and Very professional work environment.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CAMay 2, 2016
Customers and Co Workers were so much fun to learn and grow with. Work did not feel like work doing what I love in a comfortable environment.
Always get rid of the bottom third.
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 1, 2016
Once a year this company fires their bottom third(rough estimate) due to it being a sales job. If you can talk to people its not bad, otherwise...Im sorry.
Great pay, room for advancement, and job culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  WashingtonApril 20, 2016
Awesome place to work, can be stressful at times with demanding goals, but definitely realistic goals. Tons of room for advancement.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits and advancement
Cons
Pay is never a guarantee with commission/bonus jobs
Used to be great..
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus OHApril 9, 2016
But then the company started growing too fast and lost sight of the important things. They are more focused on adding stores and not staffing the current ones. I currently work 50 hours plus because they don't hire staff even when you provide numerous resumes. When there is a conflict with your direct manager and you try to reach out for help they make things a million times harder on you.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, hours, work life balance
Not a good company to work for
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 4, 2016
They will not protect their employees from things in the handbook that are not "allowed". They would rather offer job security to the people that are in the wrong.
great job environment
store manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 25, 2015
management is great as well as growth opportunity. scheduling is a bit difficult but the pay is amazing if youre willing to put in some work
GoWireless
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Payson, UTNovember 23, 2015
I have worked for this company for just over 6 months now. They really do not care at all about Wireless Consultants. They are disposable and they treat them as such. If you can sell then you can make pretty decent money. There starting hourly wage is 10 an hour so compared to a lot of other sales its not bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7