GoWireless Employee Reviews

Huge Turnover rate, Fear of losing your job every month for not hitting goal.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 12, 2018
Worked for the company for over a year and it's just nothing but Tablet, tablet, tablet, jetpack jetpack jetpack, pull thru, pull thru, pull thru, and if you don't you WONT get paid. PUSH LG or other "ANDROID" phones because the company gets paid more for Android's vs Apple. It's not about the customer here, it's about how much money I can get from the customer. They won't tell you to slam customers BUT you have to in order just to get paid commission. If you don't get a good Net Promoter Score which is based on how many Activations, how many upgrades, and how many pull thru, and how many accessories you sell, you WONT get commission at all. So you're stuck with just your minimum wage hourly if customers don't want to buy phones that month. Store goals are ALL the same even for store that have extremely slow traffic. This company is about being a shark and slamming. If you sell honestly, you will rarely make the bare minimum IF it is a busy store. Not everyone wants to spend money but it's our job to manipulate them to spend it. That's not right. They only care about what you are doing for them currently, not what you did last month. You could sell a million phones but they won't give a darn next month. They hire outside for upper management even if you have District Manager Experience but was hired on as a Wireless Consultant.
Pros
Learning about phones, and getting "Some" accessories cheap.
Cons
Stress, selfish, lack of Integrity
Overall - great experience
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2018
I've worked in the wireless industry for a few years now, and GoWireless is definitely the best experience I've had working in, not only wireless, but also retail in general. I definitely feel supported by my coworkers and management.
Pros
Coworkers, compensation
Cons
Stressful
Many obstacles to over come, all about sellin
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Make calls, greet customers, make sales. Always better yourself everyday to make your days easier. Get along with management. Strive everyday to make sales
Interesting Experience
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2018
This company has Very high turn over. The culture is very transient and individuals seem to come and go rather they are fired or quit. District does not seem to be in a stable place.
competitive fun place to make commission sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJanuary 2, 2018
I loved being a manager here until I got a new district manager, my store was 1 hour away from the other 3 of her stores in our district and I was commonly left alone to "figure it out". District level management was awful, my previous RSM was amazing and on the retail side of things it was great besides pricing glitches and poor system outages.
Pros
great place to grow your career path
Cons
poor district level management
Worst place ever!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked at they are very unprofessional from DM all the way down to store reps they are very childish and very sexually explicit its definitely not a company thats gonna be around too much longer...
Avoid at all costs.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHDecember 31, 2017
You are constantly reminded that you are replaceable. They change the commission structure every few months and you always seem to make less than before. If you are a woman expect to be talked down to and treated differently than male coworkers.
Pros
Earned paid time off but slowly
standard phone store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 29, 2017
It was your standard retail cell phone store. The hours were manageable, the people I worked with were fun to be around and supportive. Each day was a different experience.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
upper management not as organized as they should be
Fast paced sales enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WADecember 27, 2017
Gowireless is a fast paced sales environment in an ever changing industry. A typical day consists of greeting and helping customers while trying to discover their needs and what products could benefit them, rinse and repeat. In downtime you would maintain the stores appearance and make cold calls to generate business. I learned a lot from my time with GoWireless, specifically in the management area. They have some great development training and programs, however the ability to move up was rare and often political. Culture in the company is overall pleasant, however certain regions could use some work. The department that creates area and location goals don't take regional demographics or population into account, I usually found myself reaching for goals that were not fiscally possible in the area I was located in. The hardest part about the job was managing a work-life balance, the compensation can be nice and you always want to contribute to your success. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team and watching them succeed, whether it was with GoWireless or in a future endeavor. I would reccomend GoWireless to a friend.
Fun, great staff however terrible scheduling and pay
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 27, 2017
Can’t live off of $300 a week. Just not do able unless you living at home with family and don’t have to pay bills. A $2 raise would be suffice, as well as not having 7 currently employed employees for a barely 20K dollar store when you working commission. Aside, there’s a lot of shady stuff that happens from the top.
Not a good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 23, 2017
Pay is terrible
They discriminate
Cut commission
They don’t care abou their employees
They don’t pay you what you deserve
No chance advance in the company
Cons
The lack of real leadership
Don’t work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2017
This is the most dishonest upper management I have ever heard and worked for . The culture is only for the field and the lack of respect for one another is horrible . This company has a huge retention problem , I wonder why. I wouldn’t put anyone in this horrible environment. I wouldn’t even shop with this company and give them a penny more to steal from the reps in the field . Run as fast as you can
Cons
Work for them took the job by hoping to advance
Area Mgr (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 12, 2017
The company was poorly managed The pay was not up to standards, along with poor locations. Never did you know where you stood with this company. Being an Area Mgr. Did not have MUCH TO OFFER.
Pros
Freedom to move about
Cons
work condition low
Not comfortable environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 6, 2017
The management is a joke. Very abusive environment where you're harassed daily unless youre a favorite. The supervisors are all on different pages and very inconsistent. Alot of discrimination
Pros
1 hour lunch, commission
Cons
Non consistant with policies or codes, alot of ignoring big issues
Terrible place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 6, 2017
They force you to sell bad products that over priced to good Verizon customers. They dont care about their employees or even the customers that came in.
Work=No Life
Closer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHDecember 5, 2017
As a father of a 2 year old and working at go wireless I feel like I hardly see my wife and kids. I can not get a set schedule to be able to plan things
Bad
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 4, 2017
The company had to many under age mangers who had never lead before and were more concerned with not losing there job instead of production. Lack of upward movement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 3, 2017
Productive and fast paced working environment. Constant customer interaction and stress to insure customer satisfaction throughout the store. Great commission, if you know what you are doing.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Ignorant customers
Company was okay
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 1, 2017
You will not be making huge amounts of money here, I was working at the busiest store in my district and was not even breking 2300 per moth. Also I was a top sales rep eer month. Overall it very relaxed. You are able to make good money but it depends on the store.
Horrible
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 27, 2017
They don’t handle the business that they need to as they should, and as well as hire people that have done fraud. Poor work environment. Disrespected by higher authority. The whole sha-bang.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7