GoWireless

GoWireless Employer Reviews

Awesome experience
Manager/Asst (Former Employee), Long beach CaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: the customer experience
Cons: at times upper management weren't there when needed them most but always wanted your best
Working with people and technology

Meaning things about myself and how business should be done as well as trusting people isn't always the best and you must at times separate business and friendships because of this.

What can I say some are there for you and some are not,but you will take the responsibility when things go wrong so you must always – more... be prepared and focused to help them help you be your best.

Not creating a sale..I always liked the smile customers had when they left with a great product.

Everything..it was always an experience – less
Passive-Aggressive Environment
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Elverson, PAMay 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: poor drug screening, incompetent management
Being a cellphone retailer, GoWireless was largely commission based. Because of this, there was a lot of interpersonal competition and attempts to steal sales. On a typical day, I would see other associates shooting icy glares at one-another for attempting to help with a customer they were already tending to. The management wasn't much better; on several – more... occasions my District Manager, when the opportunity presented itself, would point out flaws in my sales pitch in front of customers so that he could take the sale himself. Due to the passive-aggressive nature of the entire team, the hardest part of working with GoWireless was dealing with the employees themselves. On multiple occasions, I was forced to spend time fixing other people's mistakes and processing returns instead of spending that time making sales. The most enjoyable part of my experience with GoWireless wasn't with the company or the employees itself, but the customers that I got to meet with. GoWireless is a company rife with internal conflict and shady, underhanded dealings, and I would suggest anyone interested in cellphone sales look elsewhere for employment. – less
Competitive Sales
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Rhode IslandApril 16, 2014
Pros: keeping up to date with technology, helping customers.
Cons: competitive sales in itself is stressful.
This is an alright position. It allows an opportunity to develop and hone sales skills as well as customer service skills. With plans constantly changing as well as new devices coming out every month, its a position where you have to keep on your toes with technology, rate plans and promotional offers.
Awesome Place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes, heavily discounted phone plan
Cons: decreased pay, lack of ordering products needed
Had a lot of fun here, great pay at the beginning until they started decreasing the pay because of the great managers like myself were making too much money.
Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee), New Boston, TXMarch 4, 2014
I took a part time position that ended in a store manager position. After two weeks of employment I was the only employee with little to no training. In my ten to eleven months there I seen my manager maybe 10 times
EH
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJanuary 16, 2014
Should not be your first employment choice. There is more micromanagement here than being back in high school. Promotions are determined by favortism moreso than perfromance.
Fun but exhausting
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Monroe, WADecember 30, 2013
I learned a lot working here and met a lot of amazing people. Unfortunately I did meet a lot of backstabbing people that included managers. Which I think is completely out of line and unprofessional. I got to create relationships with awesome customers and was also able to learn about every phone in the industry.
Great environment to work in.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Mineola, NYAugust 20, 2013
Great place to start, but not to stay. Advancement could be very difficult being that they only outsource new employees for empty positions, beyond MANAGER.
fun workplace enviornment with plenty of first hand expierences
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great learning expierence
Cons: compensation, lack of continued trainings
GoWireless was a hands on learning exoierence. while they dont have formal training classes they do offer first hand one on one training while on the sales floor. easy going enviornment
Fun job where I get to play with all the newest technology
Store Manager/District Trainer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: being unable to take breaks
Most of my day revolves aroud helping customers, coaching my team, and completing Manager paperwork. My favorite thing is helping someone get the right device or service and seeing how happy they are with it. I think the hardest part of the day is different for me each time. Sometimes it might be trying to help a customer that is really upset, and another – more... day it could be the store struggling to hit a certain goal and trying to figure out what we can do to get back on track. – less
Sales Consultant
Sales Lead (Former Employee), NortheastApril 17, 2013
ok company great for someone trying to get in the business, but for a seasonal professional i would go corporate
Little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, CAFebruary 7, 2013
Managers got paid very well and consistently got raises while sales reps don't get raises and for the longest time did not even get health benefits. Horrible upper management and very hard on reps. Does not comply with the needs of the employees with medical issues.

February 22, 2013

I was a sales consultant for over 3years. I received health benefits after 6months of employment. Sales consultants get hourly raises if you meet goals. Last year 2012 as a sales consultant I made 42k. As far as problems with medical issues that is far from true. The company is very helpful when it comes to the needs of the employees. The above statement is so far from the truth it sickens me.

Great place to work at
Sales (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: everything
Worked here for 3 years best work environment the management and the employees are wonderful
Great atomosphere with an exciting compensation system
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: base plus, vacation time, medical and dental coverage.
Cons: customer service/tech support gets in the way of sales
Energetic, fast paced environment with great co-workers.I Love working with technology, people and making a good sale. Management isn't always around to get your back which makes for a good learning/ growing experience. Hardest part of the job is the slow days and trying to bring in business. What I loved most about the job is the days where you make – more... a GREAT sale and you and the customer are able to go home happy. – less
Great opportunity to learn effective methods of sales in a friendly environment.
Store Manager Band 2 / Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Baker City, ORDecember 8, 2012
Pros: fun exciting work environment that rewards hard work.
Cons: company changes to commission structure have reduced payout.
I have learned a great deal about the sales process for products and services while maintaining a high level of customer service. The management does an excellent job giving personal attention to the employee's and coaching them in a positive manner on areas of improvement. As a team we have helped each other adapt to changes in the market and made – more... long lasting friendships. The most challenging part of my job is the thought of leaving a position that I felt was a career but can no longer sustain my family financially. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a personal connection with my customers and helping them discover the benefits of our products. – less
General operations of one or more locations. Oversee sales and growth of each sales associates, to ensure optimum goals are acheived.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Yucaipa, CASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: fast growing industry, everyday was constantly changing and bringing more challanging tasks.
Checked opening procedures were executed and store associates have the store prepared for business. I learned many of the technical task at hand for the electronic community by trouble shooting problems at hand.
Highly motivated company and growing fast.
Handset Protection Coordinator (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: a great boss - easy to work with. office close to home. low stress environment and job.
Cons: company relocated out of state and therefore i got laid off.
I had the pleasure of being an integral part of the creation of the company's own insurance carrier for handset protection. My boss was an amazing person to work with: professional and a partner from whom I learned many things. My job was enjoyable every day as I felt a sense of accomplishment with the various functions of my job.
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2012
DM went out of his way to make you miserable. Scheduling was horrible, I had to change multiple doctor appointments because they refused to give me requested days off, even with a months or more notice. Regardless of how busy you are the second you take five minutes to talk to a coworker the DM walks in and assumes all you've been doing all day is socializing.
small company
Network & Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2012
Pros: team environment
Cons: lack of company benefits
Colleagues and Management were very laid back.
limited budget
Fast-paced and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rainbow City, ALJuly 3, 2012
Pros: great team, good management, challenging.
Cons: distance from living location
A typical day with Go-Wireless consisted of dealing with numerous customers for various different reasons. Every customer had different needs and wants, so it was important for the sales representative to be aware and alert on each sale. I enjoyed the challange of making sales and meeting the qutoas.
Management within Go-Wireless treated with me respect – more... and never pushed me beyond my limit. My co-workers were great people and wonderful assets to the company; I'm glad I was given the opportunity to work with them and for the company.
The hardest part of the job was selling products that were not in demand at a particular time. In those situations one must find unique and sometimes abstract methods to complete the sale.
There were many enjoyable aspects about my position with Go Wireless, but I have to say the most enjoyable was working with a team that worked just as hard as I did. Everyone worked for the betterment of the company and for each other. – less