GPS Hospitality Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst job one could ever imagine.
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIDecember 14, 2017
No breaks, 10-12 hour shifts. Management is awful. No raises, paid days off, or any benefits. You aren't allowed to eat while clocked in, but only get your employee discount while on the clock. I can't believe I wasted almost 3 years here.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, awful scheduling
Terribel
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 5, 2017
I had only been there three days and they expected me to know everything . one of the managers called out in front of everyone thg i didn't know what i was doing . They don't have the staff they need to which is just more work on the individual. This is probably one of the worst jobs i've had .
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
short breaks, rude management, expectations are unreal
Do not work here
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2017
Wouldn’t recommend working here unless you desperately needed some sort of income. I don’t know about other Burger Kings in the area, but this one is particular is the only one I could speak about since I obviously worked here. I understand how managers are supposed to be, but this one in particular is extremely stressful, and she puts too much unnecessary pressure on the employees. Sometimes even lacking compassion, understanding, and patience. Schedules for the following week are always given last minute (specifically on a Sunday) so if you don’t work on Sundays, and can’t reach the manager you find out your work schedule that Monday. Which is extremely annoying because many of us do have appointments, classes, children that take up our schedule during the week as well. So that last minute situation is a big no-no. Better management is needed. Again, if you are someone who desperately needs a job and can take all the stress that comes with this job then go ahead and apply — wish you the best of luck. Lol.
Pros
Discount
Cons
If work night shift you most likely won’t get a break. Last minute schedules.
This place is not a place for long term
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 25, 2017
Where do I start with this company. I am a manager for a location in mobile, al. Ive been here 7 years and i see no progress. They dont care about your well,being at all. Where managers woke as crew members. Haven't had a raise in a year. NEVER have time for my family. Most weeks i work 10 straight days before getting a off day. I love my job, but my job doesnt love me. Currently looking for better.
Pros
Free manager meals thats it
Cons
No healthcare, no retirement, etc
horrible place to work
Restaurant Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 21, 2017
upper management was terrible. no raises unless they wanted you to promote up. working 60 hours a week.. no breaks, sometimes your days off were split or after an overnight. was working 100 hours before my days off while other management was only doing 30-40 hours. no crew and the store manager wouldn't hire anyone. she would just keep telling them she was to busy to check, come back later. they would come back and she had the same excuse. they allowed the crew to miss work, be disrespectful, smoke weed and cigerattes in the bathroom with no repercussions. you had to pick up multiple employees to bring them to work if you wanted a decent amount of crew members on your shift. the bonuses were good at first until thru were paying out to much , then made it impossible to bonus. I wouldn't suggest working for GPS at all.
Pros
discounts
Cons
rude customers, no raises, no life outside of work, extreme hours and severely short handed.
True to their values which is rare!
Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2017
Every company I've worked for has had "core values". They pick several positive adjectives and hang them on the wall, put them in the handbook, and they're never spoken about again or adhered to.

I've been really impressed with how much GPS really focuses on people and doing right by their people. We have a very large employee population and it's not easy to see and hear everything but from what I've seen this young company is always striving to make sure their core values are felt all the way down to the entry level.
Pros
Great people to work for and with.
Cons
We're young and growing and that always means growing pains.
Very rewarding
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 27, 2017
I'm currently a General Manager and this company has done nothing but impress me since i became part of the GPS family. The hours are long, but the salary is very fair. Perfect job if you love fast paced and fun.
Pros
Great pay, quarterly bonuses, free meals, physically easy, rewarding, great management
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, rude customers
Don't waste your time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 4, 2017
This company bought out the BK I worked for. They treated their manager unfairly, I was not shown how to do petty cash and was told since I did not do it right, I would receive a lower bonus.
Pros
Cons
Unfair, long hours, not many benefits
It was nice working there
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and will love to work back with them anytime it's a very good company been working with them since I was sixteen and enjoy every since then
Very fast paced work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LAApril 20, 2017
While employed at Burger King, I have been satisfied in more than one area, but I seek higher pay and a job that pertains to the medical field. I would recommend others to apply for employment with this company.
Had the most sweet as can be manger, everyone that worked there was friendly got along well.
Cashier/Cook/Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYSeptember 17, 2016
It's a good environment to be around you learn on fast it's clean and steady right off the highway. The co workers were friendly they made sure everything was done the right way.
Cons
Got breakes A 15 mins depending on your hours
Productive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at GPS Hospitality consists of constant guest interaction, and guest satisfaction. With GPS I learned how to manage projections, create weekly schedules, balance store check books, scan and code invoices, and many more. There are many perks to being involved in management with GPS Hospitality. Such as bonuses, paid vacations, paid time off, etc. Coworkers are all kind and hardworking. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 10 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with different people every day and being able to satisfy guests that come into the establishment.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
if you never want to have a life outside of work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sunbury OhioFebruary 14, 2016
Worked here for a couple of months. There is a lot of female drama and too many smoke breaks with the managers; but yet if you want a break they say you need to hurry.
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
it's a small paycheck
Great vision, poor execution
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Goals. People. Service.

Seems like a respectable vision, but the execution is way off point. The expectations from upper management are unrealistic. Often times the restaurant is only allowed to have 2-3 team members including the manager salaried or not. Managers are treated as crew members here, and have little to no administrative or down time. Crew members are expected to do twice the work of a normal crew member anywhere else. It's unrealistic to think that you can complete what management ask of you in 50 hours a week. You will put in much more time. This company does not care about it's people.

The company always says they rewards results. But when you get the results you get no recognition or appreciation. Bonuses have been a complete joke lately. Benefits are awful. Pay is okay depending on the deal that you set up. But if you are promoted don't look to be given anything considerable to advance.

My advice is to find a company that actually execute's vision and cares about the people.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Workload, long hours, no appreciation
Hostile environment with too many egos trying to run the place
Hourly shift coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 29, 2015
Don't want to comment about it at this time. There would be too many negative things to say at the moment. It was ok at times, but too many people including management who had no clue what they were doing