Grace Healthcare Employee Reviews

Its a joke
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  River Falls WisconsinFebruary 21, 2017
I worked in River Falls at Grace Healthcare nursing home is called Kinnic Health and Rehab. They have low morale and management talks to you like you are a nothing. They will mess up your check and blame it on you. I did not receive a check when I was supposed to be direct deposited in my account. I got the pay stub but no money. It took them 5 days to figure out that they were in the wrong left my family broke for 5 days. When they you fix the problem I was terminated and asked to leave the premises. Management is pitiful that you do not stand up for their employees. Do not waste your time.
Pros
You get The Leftovers from dietary
Cons
Staff is treated really bad and you will work short
It is a job
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNFebruary 3, 2017
Understaffed. I work and maintain a hall with 38 residents sometimes I am the only nurse. At times I only have 2 Cnas for those 38 residents. Management is not cooperative and could care less how hard you work, supervisors don't help when you are short staffed.
Pros
I have a job that helps with bills
Cons
Not enough staff, never a pay raise
Not enough staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
i had a 36 unit skilled hall, it was unmanageable. Many times I broke down in tears feeling like I was letting my residents down. Management was not team players, nor did they try to problem solve with why they couldn't keep a long term nurse on the hall. STNAs worked short alot, nurses were stressed out and turnover was constant. Pay did not match amount of work you were required to accomplish. Staff that tried to make things better were dismissed.
Pros
distance from home
Cons
staffing, pay, work load
productive and fun place to work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VADecember 29, 2016
great opportunity for someone who wants to get their "foot in the door" to the medical field. great atmosphere. great people. its an all around great place to work. a typical day as an activities assistant is inviting residents to activities and just brightening up their day. i learned how to have better time management and how to interact properly with all the residents. management is great, theyre willing to work with you. its a big family.
ok
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
it has its up and downs you take ethe good with the bad i love what i do i have had some good years and bad years some days we have fun some days we work really hard
nice community
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNDecember 6, 2016
Madison community nice to work in. The seniors in this community have a large diverse facility that is able to provide short term and long term care. Rooms are large. There is no restriction on visitation times so visitors are allowed to check on their loved one's as frequently as needed.
Pros
size of facility
Cons
Nursing / CNA staff not appreciated enough causing low moral.
Good Job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLOctober 18, 2016
Great pay, and they take their time to teach. Hired me right out of school, and the nurses were very helpful and patient in helping me along the way. Large patient load.
Provides great health care service
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 3, 2016
Grace Health Care has a great Staff. However management should have better training. A day a Grace would and could be chaotic on Mondays and Friday, but the rest of the work week is preparing for the weekend.
Pros
Geat Hours
Cons
Poor maanagerment skills
Great Place to work.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to work and better your self , lots of opportunity for growth. Great management team as well as coworkers,. Safe environment and friendly staff .
dont waste your time
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 13, 2016
very unhealthy place to work. the state is always there dealing with issues. employees are great but mgt sucks and they offer no room for advancements unless you are friends with mgt
Pros
the patients need you
Cons
that place is a safety risk
Good Workplace
Assistant Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day is full of administrative duties, its a professional environment and I enjoy working there. My co-workers are really nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part is knowing I made a difference.
good place to work
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 26, 2016
the day goes by quickly, good place to work
very busy
co workers are nice
hardest part is trying to get all the paper work in from the field on a timely basis
Good Job, Not Enough
Durable Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 18, 2016
Great job for those who live a single life but as a family person it faults in not allowing full growth and is very high demanding as a Durable Medical Technician.
resourceful environment
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 15, 2016
working for grace healthcare had many advantages, was fully staffed at times that some were sent home because of too many staff members. the staffing coordinator was very proficient and professional with staff members. had supervisors on each shift and unit managers on each unit, that was very helpful and encouraging with new nurses(recent graduates after passing boards).. staff development coordinator was very knowledgeable and professional
Pros
enough staff members
Cons
nurse patient ratio at the time 28:1 Administrator at the time was not a people person
Bad work experience
Floor Nurse - PRN (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COAugust 2, 2016
I had a negative experience here. Poor support for nursing staff. Negative environment. Nursing management is not qualified or competent.
Productive fun work place
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 13, 2016
It an amazing company to work for just need to increase the pay. Other than that the employees are great and the hours are great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VA 24210June 29, 2016
Grace is a good company to work for. They offer plenty of over time and bonuses. The nurses and CNA team both work very hard together to care for their resident to the best of their ability.
Pros
Free meals for any employee working a double shift.
Cons
Very busy place of employeement
A diverse nursing home
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 22, 2016
Manage nursing staff, the nurses and CNA's were hard working. The hardest part of the job was preparing the staff for State so that each time we would have less or no tags. Interacting with the residents and co workers was most enjoyable.
productive
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I always had help from staff , and the resident where cooperative. I learned more about managing my time. It was a fun experience
Run far and fast
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Run, you are expendable here and they could careless. Expect to have your shifts changed without being asked and not find out till you show up when you think your suppose to. If someone call's out they will never try to call anyone in you will just be expected to pick up the other persons shift leaving you to care for double the residents, and at night that means 2 complete hallway's by yourself. What they don't tell you upon hiring is that you will NEVER get a pay raise. They have been on a pay freeze for over 6 years. So unless you like to work harder than you have have before for a job that you will never go anywhere in I suggest you RUN.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grace Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9