Grace Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Run far and fast
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Run, you are expendable here and they could careless. Expect to have your shifts changed without being asked and not find out till you show up when you think your suppose to. If someone call's out they will never try to call anyone in you will just be expected to pick up the other persons shift leaving you to care for double the residents, and at night that means 2 complete hallway's by yourself. What they don't tell you upon hiring is that you will NEVER get a pay raise. They have been on a pay freeze for over 6 years. So unless you like to work harder than you have have before for a job that you will never go anywhere in I suggest you RUN.
Demands the best of your abilities
RN (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 11, 2015
I work at Grace. I've never worked with a greater group of people. It's under new management so there have been
a lot of positive, necessary changes. The work culture prior to that wasn't about quality care. The staff working there now cannot keep their job if they don't reflect a solid work ethic and 100% compassion for their employees. For that reason, several mployees have been let go. There are some accurate reviews. Grace used to work short staffed. That has changed dramatically. If you are a dedicated, hard worker and you truly care about people, don't hesitate for a moment to give Grace of Clarksville a try. You WILL not be sorry.
Pros
Management changed
Cons
If you're a slacker, it's not for you.
Grace Healthcare was unfortunately an unorganized position that no benefits or offered advancement opportunities
Asst Manager/Inventory and Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 23, 2015
Grace Healthcare was unfortunately an unorganized position that offered no benefits or advancement opportunities. Although the majority of my co-workers were incredible to work with, the company itself had no structure. A typical day included customer service, assisting the call center, billing department and department manager, pulling and processing orders from the website as well as Ebay and Amazon, payment handling via Stripe and PayPal, website and Facebook management, finding new products for the department, vendor and manufacturer dealings, ordering and inventory control, shipping via USPS, FedEx, and Stamps.com.
Pros
The co-workers, being able to help patients with their healthcare needs, the relationships I built with the vendors and manufacturers
Cons
No benefits, insurance, 401K, no advancement opportunities, no structure or organization
In all my years of working, Grace Healthcare is the best company for wanting to see their staff succeed.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2015
From making fresh cookies every morning, greeting guests and answering phone calls, there is never a dull moment. Both management and co-workers are all very warm and welcoming. The hardest part of my job is the length of time I spend driving to and from work...more than an hour each way. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything and everyone. I've never worked for a company that not only cared about their staff, but also the community. Grace Healthcare manages a number of nursing homes, ALF, and long term nursing homes and the love they have for the residents at each of those homes shows in everything they do and the meetings that are held to help staff do the absolute best they can to take care of all those residents.
The only reason for my departure is the long commute. I'm looking for something closer to home.
Pros
Free beverages, snacks, parking, and YMCA memberships.
Cons
I can't find anything wrong with Grace Healthcare.
Falsely fired
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COSeptember 28, 2015
Was fired for false accusations. Alot he said she said. They dont listen to employees. It is ok place to work if you can stay out of drama. Also worked short alot. Different management so would try to work there again.
Pros
PAY
Cons
BUSY BODIES
Learning Experience that helped me to be more competent in the field of social work
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNJuly 27, 2015
A typical day included morning meetings with management, assessments, complaints, talking with residents who are having issues, setting up resources, and doing discharge planning. I worked with families and help find placement and resources. I audited charts for advance directives and anti-psychotics. I helped patients fill out advance directives. I worked one-on-one with residents as needed. I advocated for the needs of the one's who could not speak. I built trustworthy relationships. I put assessments into the computer, faxed information for medical equipment, and information for doctors after discharge or as needed. I learned how to be a social worker. The best part was getting to play the social work role and work along side an amazing social worker.
Team work
Dietetic Technician/Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 12, 2015
Nice place to work I enjoyed all the knowledge I gained from interacting with the elderly. They had a great team that all worked well together.
Pros
the people
Cons
politics
A diverse nursing home
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 22, 2016
Manage nursing staff, the nurses and CNA's were hard working. The hardest part of the job was preparing the staff for State so that each time we would have less or no tags. Interacting with the residents and co workers was most enjoyable.
productive
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I always had help from staff , and the resident where cooperative. I learned more about managing my time. It was a fun experience
Dont do it! horrible place to work!
cook (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Loved working with residents and seeing the smiles on their faces. They are the only ones that appreciate you taking time out of your life to take care of them. Management is poor. They dont appreciate you they dont care about you. I got fired my first time calling in sick, got accused of not being sick. Management stalked me for the day, hunted me down. Ended up in emergency room later on with strep throat. They still dont believe me. My rights as a human were violated. They should be fired. Dont work here management will constantly put you down and make you feel worthless.
Pros
making residents happy!
Cons
getting bullied and insulted daily.

Want to know more about Grace Healthcare?

Ask a question
nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2015
typcial nursing home
diffcult working conditions
often short staffed
unempathic supervisiors
Even though there where hard working conditions i enjoyed working with my fellow staff members. We pulled together and worked as a team to make it through out the day. The patients were the most important issue to us.
Pros
okay breakroom
Cons
extreme working conditions
short staffed all the time
cna (Former Employee) –  clarksville, tnMay 28, 2015
Management is a joke. Being bullied daily is not fun. There are some great employees. Cnas and nurses work very hard but they don't get rewarded. The administrator is all about money. Short staffed, alot of overttime. If you don't pick up shifts when asked they hold it against you. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. The residents get decent care, if there's enough staff.
Cons
management!
hostile work environment, & no genuine concern for the residents. Concerned mostly about making money.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Annandale VaSeptember 16, 2014
Administration doesn't care about the happiness of employees or residents. Administration is difficult to communicate with. The atmosphere at Leewood Healthcare is never warm and friendly. The staff are not given the credit for work well done. Staff never get raises no positive motivation or rewards. No positive reinforcement. In return the residents & their families are dissatisfied. (Lots of complaints) I would not recommend this place to be employed or be a patient.
Cons
survey history poor
Hostile Environment - Beware
RN (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 25, 2014
The administrative team overload you with unreasonable demands. The entire building is overwrought with micromanagement and manipulation. The whole experience of working there was filled with bullying, threats, and ineffective management. I don't know if the corporate office is aware of it, but being the expert manipulators that the administrative team are, I'm sure corporate has no idea what happens in the building. Many of the nurses and CNA's are great. Easy to work with and knowledgeable. The high turnover rate should alert every one to exactly how the business is run. If you stand up for yourself or have an opinion that differs from the upper echelon, don't bother working here. If they can't keep their thumb on you at all times you won't "fit" their culture.
Pros
decent peers
Cons
focused mainly on how they can make the most money without concern for their staff
nursing assistant
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 15, 2015
something to keep me occupied at a fast paced motion and took care of the residents by doing adls and cleaning as well as feeding and bathing
Stay away from Frederick Villa Nursing & Rehab
Administration (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 3, 2014
This is the WORST nursing home facility and company I have ever worked for. Hourly employees do not get paid for holidays unless you actually work, if you do not work, you have to use vacation time. Unfair pay practices which violate FLSA regulations. The benefits are below average and the vacation PTO is horrible, as you have to use it for holidays if you do not work. Management goes by "rumors" and "gossip" when disciplining employees.
Pros
patients, patient families, weekly pay
Cons
management, parking, old facility, location, tenured employees feeling threatened by new blood
Warm and Compassionate
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GaJanuary 25, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy working at Grace Healthcare of Tucker. The management and organization really care about customer service and doing right by the residents and staff. The salary and benefits are competitive. I would encourage anyone who really wants to make a difference in the lives of our geriatric population to give Grace a chance.
Home health manager
Office Manager / Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Enjoyed working in the medical field mainly when it comes to working and caring for the elderly. Being an asset to the company was an honor.
Pleasent work places
Medical Assistant Amazed (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAApril 7, 2015
I traveled to different facilities to care of different clients, so everyday was an different experiment. I enjoyed seeing different clients. Most of the co workers and management was descent people to work but you always have that on person that ruins the organization.
Facility culture uncondusive for teamwork.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Clarksville TNAugust 7, 2015
This facility promotes poor morale, poor working conditions and poor living conditions for the residents. The staff to resident ratio makes it impossible to provide quality care.