Grace Healthcare

Grace Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

Pleasent work places
Medical Assistant Amazed (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAApril 7, 2015
I traveled to different facilities to care of different clients, so everyday was an different experiment. I enjoyed seeing different clients. Most of the co workers and management was descent people to work but you always have that on person that ruins the organization.
Grace Healthcare
Director of Social Services (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: work load
I enjoyed working at Grace Healthcare. The atmosphere at this Facility was uplifting and peaceful. I was appreciative of the management and all the people at the Facility.
Dont do it! horrible place to work!
cook (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: making residents happy!
Cons: getting bullied and insulted daily.
Loved working with residents and seeing the smiles on their faces. They are the only ones that appreciate you taking time out of your life to take care of them. Management is poor. They dont appreciate you they dont care about you. I got fired my first time calling in sick, got accused of not being sick. Management stalked me for the day, hunted me down. Ended up in emergency room later on with strep throat. They still dont believe me. My rights as a human were violated. They should be fired. Dont work here management will constantly put you down and make you feel worthless.
Good place. Great people.
RN (Current Employee), Island Home KnoxvilleJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great patient care. fair management.
Cons: dietary food is barely edible. small portions = hungry residents.
I have worked for two of these Grace facilities over the past couple of years. While the Nursing staff could be more welcoming and friendly, most provide very good care of the residents. The management in both facilities are patient oriented and will go to great lengths to see that the residents needs are met. They are strict on the employees, but if you take care of the residents and do your job you will always be treated fairly.
Upon request I'll rate my current job at GHC
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pascagoula,MsJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: assisting customers and making a difference in their day to day lives
Cons: not being able to please all customers
I perform various jobs on a daily basis. I help all walk in customers with any needs they have, I do hospice orders all day that come to me thru my email, I handle all insurance authorizations and verifications that need to be done for all store locations, I also do diabetic shoe fittings as well as mastectomy fittings. I also take orders over the phone if needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I'm helping my patients to the best of my ability.
Racist environment...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, TNDecember 19, 2014
Pros: sweet residents..
Cons: administration and department heads are racist and all about money not the residents...
Administor, d.o.n. and rn supervisor on 2nd shift runs this facility like they are mobsters..They expect employees to not have or voice opinions when something isn't right..If anyone is called to the office for questioning, the three of them bully you and put words in your mouth..You are already guilty before going in office..The administrator pretends to care for the residents but know nothing about them as the d.o.n. Rn supervisor on 2nd shift has come to work intoxicated on several  occasions and is still employed there, due to administration cover up..Cnas are hesitant to go to the d.o.n for any problems because they don't trust it will be kept confidential... Do NOT recommend anyone to take family here!!! Lack of staff and supplies!!!
Nice place
Medical Records (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLDecember 7, 2014
This is a good place to work at. I like my coworkers and employee.
Rewarding place to work in assisting clients with needs.
Dietary Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: being a part of the joy in someone else's life.
Cons: not being able to bring them home.
Day to day operations involved ensuring the proper food was prepared for the clients. Maintaining appropriate medical records and inventory to prepare nutritious meals. The best part of the job was spending time with the clients and assisting them in any way possible to ensure they had a great experience. Management and co-workers were very cohesive as to the continuance of care for the clients. The hardest part of this job was when a client would leave or pass.
not enough pay
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: not enough pay
I was not compensated for my mileage and the pay was already a decrease for me. I resigned because I was paying out of pocket to work there.
The company treated me well but because of business requirments we went the 4 years without any raises.
Regional Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: all travel and expenses paid for. annual bonus for performances.
Cons: four years of travel to three states began to have a negative effect.
A good company compared to others I have worked for. The reason I am not there anymore is because I contacted an illness that was serious and was out for almost a month before returning to work. At that time to travel to other states was very tiring and so I felt they needed someone who could keep the performance up so we agreed on a separation They were very kind and gave me a large 3 month bonus to help me as I recovered and look for other employment. I am back to full physical and mental health and feel the need to return to work as an RN.
Supportive staff memebers with friendly environment
Registered Nurse and Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: never enough time to give quality patient care
A typical day at work was very busy from start to finish. The co-workers were always available to lend a hand if needed and were very friendly. The most difficult part of the job was the limited amount of support staff (CNA's) and the Nurse to patient ratio was very high, usually about 1:36. This made it difficult to give quality patient care. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you knew you had made an impact in a residents life or care in a particular day. It is always gratifying when a bond or connection is made with a resident who has Alzheimer's. No matter how busy or hectic times may get, the bonds with the patients are what make any job worth the hardships.
Stay away from Frederick Villa Nursing & Rehab
Administration (Former Employee), Catonsville, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: patients, patient families, weekly pay
Cons: management, parking, old facility, location, tenured employees feeling threatened by new blood
This is the WORST nursing home facility and company I have ever worked for. Hourly employees do not get paid for holidays unless you actually work, if you do not work, you have to use vacation time. Unfair pay practices which violate FLSA regulations. The benefits are below average and the vacation PTO is horrible, as you have to use it for holidays if you do not work. Management goes by "rumors" and "gossip" when disciplining employees.
Worst job experience of my life
Assisted Living Aide (Former Employee), Douglas, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: some really fantastic co-workers and residents
Cons: everything else
The positive things I will say: For the job, the pay is okay. Not the best in the area, but better than a lot. My co-workers were (mostly) awesome people. And I loved working with my residents.

Everything else about working for Grace was a nightmare of epic proportions. I personally found the administrator to be horrible. I felt she treated everyone aside from her close circle as though they were idiots. And forget about your hard work being noticed. It is constantly disregarded and only your flaws will be pointed out. It appeared to me that promotions are handed out not upon merit, but upon whether or not you are willing to suck up and become a minion. In short, if you aren't friends outside of work with the managers, you will never become one. You will rarely have a day off that isn't interrupted by a call asking (demanding) that you come in to pick up a shift or for a mandatory in-service. And breaks-FORGET about it! But be ready to be reprimanded if when you punch out, you don't check the box saying you had one.

Overall, my experience working for Grace taught me a lot...but mostly that I never want to work for any company like them ever again.
Opinions and ideas are not acknowledged
LPN (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 16, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers and great pay
Cons: you cannot trust the administrative staff
Typical day at work is passing medication and doing chart audits, collecting any specimens that need to be obtained. take care of any other matter that arises. review MD orders and update care plans.
Job Summary
Rejection Clerk/Medical Biller (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 11, 2014
Collections. We are to follow guideline as in employee handbook.
Enjoy working for this company
lpn charge nurse (Current Employee), Cordova, TNApril 27, 2014
Each day i enjoy working wth my patients, learned to take one day at a time, my unit manager very helpful durning my daily tasks, i have a great group of co-workers which in enjoy working with.
Hostile Environment - Beware
RN (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: decent peers
Cons: focused mainly on how they can make the most money without concern for their staff
The administrative team overload you with unreasonable demands. The entire building is overwrought with micromanagement and manipulation. The whole experience of working there was filled with bullying, threats, and ineffective management. I don't know if the corporate office is aware of it, but being the expert manipulators that the administrative team are, I'm sure corporate has no idea what happens in the building. Many of the nurses and CNA's are great. Easy to work with and knowledgeable. The high turnover rate should alert every one to exactly how the business is run. If you stand up for yourself or have an opinion that differs from the upper echelon, don't bother working here. If they can't keep their thumb on you at all times you won't "fit" their culture.
working at this company did not encourage free thinking among it's employee
Evening Supervisor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: no breaks
my coworkers worked very hard on a daily basis. My hardiest part of the day was from start to finish, I work from the time I walked in the building until 2-3 hrs passed my scheduled shift was over. My most most enjoyed part of my job was the people I worked with.
Wonderful staff and an easy going environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 19, 2014
Typical day involved invoicing, using Quickbooks, sending out bills and invoices to those we have serviced, running company errands, banking, and other accounts payable/receivable duties

I learned how to invoice, how to operate quickbooks, and how to do use basic accounting principles
Low pay
LPN (Former Employee), Abingdon, VaOctober 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hour shifts
Cons: low pay
Very low pay. Write ups immediate, no verbals. Staff unfriendly. CNA's lazy.

1 2 3