*Grace Hospice*, a leader in hospice services and specialists in geriatric care. Our dedicated, compassionate staff is highly trained in providing end of life care. Advanced medical technology and compassionate care is now available for the care of your loved one from the comfort of home.
Summary - RN
Under the general supervision of the RN Manager, she/he provides intermittent skilled nursing services; communicates the patient’s progress with other disciplines and directs, supervises and instructs non-professional hospice aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient. .
Responsibilities – RN:
- Under the physician’s order, admits patients eligible for hospice services.
- Develops patient care plan that specifically addresses identified patient problems; nursing problems and goals. Updates care plans on an ongoing basis; revises and resolves patient problems and goals as changes occur and/or recertification..
- Provides intermittent Skilled Nursing services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Treatment.
- Submits completed skilled nursing notes; communication notes and hospice aide supervisory notes per policy.
- Submits recertification paperwork by the due date provided by the RN Manager.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the healthcare team.
- Acts as the patient’s advocate and as such are a liaison to assist in communicating the patient’s needs to the multidisciplinary team.
- Supervises the hospice aide every 14 days. Provides direction and instruction as it relates to provision of personal care and related support services.
- Participates in PI program through submission of data collection as it relates to direct patient care problems and serving on PI teams.
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- Additional Duties as assigned
- Has a current unencumbered State professional Nurse license.
- One year experience as a Hospice or Home Health nurse.
- Ability to work in a field setting and exhibited ability to make sound nursing judgments
- Ability to assess patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
- Effective communication skills
- Must have and maintain an automobile to be used for work.