Grace Hospice Employee Reviews

Was fun at first, then the dream turned sour
Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 1, 2016
For years I enjoyed working at Grace. I never thought I would have left, but changing conditions and opportunity elsewhere led me to leave.

The census was always low due to focusing for years only on getting VPA patients and not marketing the community. People outside of Grace don't even know the Ann Arbor location exists. Google maps doesn't know it exists either, and it's been around for almost 5 years! When supportive middle-management left, I knew my full time job was in jeopardy because of the low census. Also, there is little to no room for advancement if you are not a nurse.

The most enjoyable part of working there was dealing with the patients and some of the staff. The least enjoyable part was having your ideas ignored by corporate and instead seeing their friends put in positions of influence over you.

If you like drama and playing politics, go and work at Grace.

If you want to have your ideas listened to, work elsewhere.
Pros
Pay, vacation benefits
Cons
Terrible marketing strategy, working with VPA was like talking to the wall, poor advancement opportunity, lack of communication from corporate management regarding ideas for improvements
Terrible place to work
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 20, 2017
There is absolutely no support system in place for problem solving. It is a lonely job and numbers are pushed. They say employees come first but this is not true. Politics come first. If you bring an issue to upper management expect retaliation and punitive measures. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No support
Grace Hospice in Tulsa OK
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
This is a fantastic company to work for! It takes a special kind of person to do Hospice and the best are working at Grace Hospice in Tulsa. Competitive pay, great benefits (free for employee medical and dental) and they really care about the patients. I see a lot of reviews on here, but I don't think they are for the Tulsa Grace, because it is a stand alone hospice. You should try to work there if you can get on!
Pros
Employee paid benefits, good pay, great co workers
Cons
emotional job
Always gaurenteed hours and overtime all the time
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2016
I would not recommend this company to anyone. They over work you and then fire you before your 5 year review comes up. I know several people they have done this to including myself. They will either make you quit or fire you. DO NOT WORK HERE! BBB needs to be contacted about this company.
benefits
Cons
scared daily your going to be fired like everyone else
High turn over! Keep scrolling
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2016
It is a free for all with no expectations for respect, attendance, language used, attitude, you name it! Horrible working environment where management does not care and most of staff does not either. They have greater than 70% turnover of all staff from nurses to admins. Also the benefits are poor.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Poor attitudes, low moral, disrespectful staff, no boundries
Toxic Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 19, 2016
Pros:
At one time, a good place to work.
Meeting and working with hospice patients and their families

Cons:
Very toxic environment from in-office management all the way up the Corporate line in Grace Hospice. The company only cares about cash, money, dollars and cents.

The Kalamazoo office, has had a HUGE turnover in the last year. No, it isn't due to the nature of hospice, it is due to the nature of this office and this company. Heed my warning::

Kalamazoo and Corporate Management within Grace Hospice manipulates and lies to get dirt; and then exploits employee trust with mind games and deep betrayal--over and over again. Preferential treatment of some is polarized when other employees are being targeted and set up to fail at the same time.

Conflict of interests are abound in the office. The Kalamazoo Administrator also owns one of the facilities that refers to the same office she works in. Employees (including one in a high position) are taking part in health product pyramid schemes (MLM) are harassing pushing products on fellow employees, contracted facilities and even...patients! The list goes on.

Don't say you weren't warned.
Great people and place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Provides excellent care of their patients, fun place to work, staff is very helpful, pleasant, management is great, goal oriented, hospice is all about the patients and what is best for them, family is also supported by hospice staff as well as chaplin
Phony phony watch your back!
CNA-Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 29, 2016
This company is a newer business in the Hampton Roads area and their management is a revolving door. There is a lack of communication and patient care needs; their main concern is getting paid by Medicare and covering their tracks when state comes in....they will lie to your face and make promises that they can't keep nor do they have the intentions on trying to keeping them... It is all good at first until you have your own opinions or beliefs and then it's backstabbing snake in the grass type of company !
Pros
The schedule and working by yourself
Cons
favoritism no job advancement no communication very unorganized
great job
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 20, 2017
this job is more for the person that have minimum responsibilities at home, because its very time consuming, and requires a lot of time to do things after work hours such as IDG prep, or after hour admissions and Oncall hrs.
Pros
great pay. nice staff
Cons
no work life balance
Grace Hospice
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  ohioDecember 31, 2016
Good employer to advance your career. Turnover in staff is high but that seems to be normal in healthcare. Depending on your career goals it can be a good place to be.
Could be a good place to work with correct executive support
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 8, 2016
My day would start at 7:00am and go to 5-6pm, and then was on call 24/7/365. Large amount of work was done at home in the evenings and on weekends. Ever changing expectations. I learned skills in running a hospice office and leadership skills. Poor support by my management, every changing Regional Director of Operations. Poor training and support.

My staff were supportive and worked hard.
Pros
Field staff works hard and does a GREAT job
Cons
Poor support
Organized workflow in a friendly environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I work in a fun, family-like team environment in which Workflow is organized and constant. All team members interact throughout the day to take care patient, caregiver, business, and each others' needs. Working in the hospice environment is both difficult and rewarding.
Pros
It's about taking care of people
Cons
Healthcare Benefit Package is not ideal
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
Very immature, unprofessional, backstabbing, nitpicky nurses from management all the way to the bottom. Very bad environment. I never really felt like they cared about these patients and neither do the patients families. This place is a joke and I wonder if their parent company knows how badly the Middleburg Heights office has been run for at least the last 11 months. I can't believe they're still in business. Just shameful.
long drive to work
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2016
The biggest problem I had working for Grace hospice is that it was a one hour drive to Grand Rapids every day. then working eight hours and in the bad weather it was really scary. there is a LOT of paper work that needed to be entered and there was only 2 of us doing it. training was very weak.
Pros
one hour drive to work
Cons
friendly staff
Dedicated to compassionate and meaningful end of life care
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 28, 2016
I've just celebrated my one year "Grace-aversary" and can say that Grace truly lives up to its name. I have found my joy here. From serving as a per diem chaplain who was also the Bereavement Coordinator to having in a year's time two amazing chaplain colleagues and a dedicated Bereavement Coordinator, it has been a year of growth for me and the agency. Grace of Grand Rapids is a wonderfully supportive team of professionals who collaborate to serve each patient and caregiver with love, dignity and excellence.
Pros
Excellent administration, supportive colleagues, joy in service
Cons
Newly on EMR with lots to learn, still small with fluctuating census
I love my Job!
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2016
This is the Best Hospice team I have ever worked with, the management take care of their employees as if they were family. I am truly blessed working for Grace Hospice, excellent team, they all care for their patients and each other. I love my job and team members, we are one happy family...
Pros
Awesome Team, management cares deeply for their staff...
Cons
Not one con...
Caring and loving place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy working with this company. They show so much compassion to the families we serve
The look on their face when I come to take care of them is priceless.
Do not care too much
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 27, 2016
Got in trouble for taking too long with patients. Basically was told I care too much and took too long on visits. So if you care this is not a place to work.
Poor structure from top down
Director of Clinical Services Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2016
Grace is not set up to succeed. Turnover is very high with office leadership throughout the company. Unreal expectations are placed on staff. When help is asked for it is rarely given. Surveys are sent out to staff but is tied to your email so management is able to see who dislikes their job and is "not a team player" They have inexperienced local management and upper management that is not involved. Small problems turn into big problems due to lack of support.
Pros
quality team is educational and supportive
Cons
office leadership is not supported, burn out is high
A very poor work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2016
When I left the company, it was in the middle of a lot of changes. None were positive. There was no job security. Work morale was the lowest I had seen in my 5 years there.
benefits
Cons
working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grace Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7