Grace Hospice Employee Reviews

Racist senior leadership & very unprofessional summits, retreats & a hot mess!
Hospice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2017
Centene please READ this! THE N word, is dropped very routinely by “Senior leadership” Corp leadership is ALL cut throat! In the past two years turnover has been outrageous, across all divisions to include Pinnacle, VPA & anyone who does not fit in with “senior leadership” & not to mention due to the incompetince of the CEO, VP’s & VP at Centene! I Think they all have something on each other, anyone else would of been terminated ! God forbid you report something to the HR team! They are some very unprofessional individuals ! Not sure which is worst them or senior leadership! All divisions are talking to each other & looking for new careers! Centene should send out a anonomys survey to staff! To ask what they really think! Circus show!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Just about everything
undecided
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Middlebrg Hts, OHOctober 16, 2017
still trying to formulate my first impression. working with all women is always difficult and the atmosphere is a bit catty and always seems tense and strained.
Good worklife and home lilfe balance
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 5, 2017
From the top down, the staff are compassionate and good to work with. Has a small office feel to it even though it's part of a bigger organization. Company really focuses on keeping employees happy so they can take better care of patients.
Pros
Flexibility, ethical, compassionate
Cons
high paced at times
Great Place to work
Mentor Ohio (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 25, 2017
great place to work. Co-workers are always willing to help with any issues or concerns. Office support and leadership really promote a healthy working environment with open communication.
A wonderful place to work. Management not perfect.
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 13, 2017
A great place to work. Stressful on the body. Lots of wonderful people to meet. Good benefits. Decent pay. Some of the management seemed unfair in dealings with staff.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Very nice company to work with. Nurses are well trained to provide the best care to pts.
RN Hospice care Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64114September 4, 2017
Providing palliative care to pts and families was very helpful and emotional. Driving was fun and the hardest part but did not bothers me. Company policies and procedures were well understood and applicable.
Grace is Great!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 3, 2017
Grace has caring people and a great workplace culture. Its is rewarding to help people in need of hospice services. You must be comfortable with travel and home care if you work out in the field. We have a small team of hardworking individuals. My only complaint is that management seems to be stretched thin at times, which affects the functioning of each office as a whole.
Pros
decent PTO
Cons
lack of management and direction
Not what i expected.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, MIJuly 26, 2017
I did not enjoy the work. It was hard to watch people in a nursing home. The work was rewarding at times and at others extremely sad, not for me. Wouldn't do it again.
Grace truly cares about their patients and employees
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 24, 2017
While being a hospice case manager is not an easy job at any company, at Grace I feel supported and am able to care for my patients the way they deserve to be cared for. Grace truly does care about their patients and employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good leadership
Cons
no company car
Patients Come First
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 24, 2017
This culture is very patient centered and goes above and beyond to make sure our patient's and their families needs are meet. They also work to maintain a collaborative environment in the offices and are really team oriented. They only want people who are passionate about providing the best end of life experience for our clients. Hospice needs to be your calling to be part of this dedicated team.
Pros
Security and Appreciation
Cons
Quality Work expected
Potential but staffing unstable
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
Needs of nurses need to be taken into consideration when being on call. On call nurses on weekends are working all week extensive hours with no 2 days off in a row.
Pros
Will train
Cons
Stressful
Great Place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 10, 2017
This a great place to work, they put the patients first and staff next. It is not your typical hospice, they will do things that other hospices say no to. Eager to have feedback and promote from within.
Relaxed, self managed
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 30, 2017
It is a pleasure working for Grace Hospice. The environment is relaxed and the staff is pleasant no matter the location (office locations vary throughout the US). The job isn't hard, it can just get busy at times with increasing admissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone works together.
Awesome team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 9, 2017
A great team of people who love their patients and their families. Available 24/7 . Good leadership. Good pay. Nice office location and setting. Office employees very supportive to staff.
Pros
Great care for patients and families.
Excellent to work for
on-call afterhour nurse (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MIMay 1, 2017
I'm currently employed at Grace Hospice full time as an on-call nurse and soon I will be going to a PRN position. I've worked in Nursing since 1990 and have never been so supported by Staff and Managers/Directors/Supervisors than I have working here. The staff is always willing to help in any manner that is possible and the Managers, Supervisors and Directors are always approachable and helpful also. Also, the Physician Medical Director is always approachable and kind. The entire staff sincerely cares about their patients.
Pros
Very supportive staff
Overworked Nurses. Poor Management.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  WilliamsburgApril 24, 2017
Would not recommend working for this company.

Nurses and CNAs are overworked, and under appreciated. No work life balance. High turnover. Excessive on call hours, after hours admissions, and driving. Company more concerned about profit and increasing census than providing quality patient care.
Cons
Overworked. Long hours. Poor Management.
Not your typical hospice company
RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
Very nice coworkers and work environment but no work/home balance. On call was draining and any good nurse will burn out quick at this place. I would not recommend working here to anyone that would like to have a life outside of work,
Nice people, terrible work-life balance
Case Manager (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 11, 2017
The things I liked were my coworkers (they were great!) and the pay. I loved the patients and families. But the work-life balance was really bad. The on-call averaged 13 nights a month (in addition to the 45 hour week) with no triage nurse and plenty of after-hours admissions. The turnover rate was the worst I've ever seen, which led to nurses being asked to drive long distances to cover for other offices. It was a good place to learn the basics of home care hospice, but it burns you out quickly.
Pros
Good home care experience, nice coworkers, good pay
Cons
Work life balance, turnover rate
great work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MS 38930April 5, 2017
I love working for this company an will as long as I can ,they take care of there patients an give the care that they need .an its we ave a great team of workers. the hardest part of the job is when you lose the ones you care for an there family you get very close to them.
Poor Management, overworked staff
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 27, 2017
Company more interested in growing business than taking care of current patients. Overworked nurses. Poor mileage reimbursement. 1000 to 1400 miles every 2 weeks. Unfulfilled promises of help for nursing.
Pros
Cons
12 hour days, 6 days per week, no work life balance, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grace Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9