Grace Hospital

Grace Hospital Employer Reviews

Under staffed
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Morganton, NC 28655September 23, 2014
Hospital environment is stressful without the stress of not having the proper amount of people to cover all areas of the hospital.
I enjoy the automony this job allows me to embrace each day.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
I have recently went back to work for the organization and the respect from the management team is amazing. I able to organize my own day and have flex time which allows for a very manageable work/life balance.

I have recently ,moved to Medina and I am looking continue my career path closer to this area of town.

There is no such thing as a typical – more... day in a hospital setting. You have to learn by the hour sometime how to prioritize and change direction based on the needs of your patients, families and co workers. – less
enjoyed working with people, helping patients get better and seeing them get the chance to go home.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: the death of a patient
My day consisted of total patient care, making sure the patient fed at appointented times, bathed, weighed, vital signs were taken. I would have on a daily basis anywhere from 5-6 patients that I would be responsible for. I worked with some wonderful nurses, and learned a lot from them. The hardest part of my job was watching a patient die, that is – more... never eay, and the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on the patient as well as the family members faces. – less
great ppl to work with
Patient Registrar/Access Management (Former Employee), Morganton, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: bidding for a permanent position is difficult
ER dept was always busy and kept you going. Management was great and the staff was very professional. I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge while working here.
Overall great place to work. Has undergone a lot of changes since I was there and much better from what I understand.
ER/OP Clerk, Medical Records; ER Secretary (Former Employee), Morganton, NCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great organization
This was a great job in my life but I was not mature enough to really appreciate it at the time. I worked in Medical Records for a while but unhappy and transferred to the ER dept. I did love both areas but so much "internal drama" going on I did not handle well. Also, I left to mainly move back home and take care of ailing mother.
productive
Medical Staff Services (Former Employee), Morganton, NCMarch 28, 2014
I really like the people I worked with, It was my favorite job out of the two, I never experienced anything like that before if I could go back I would.
exciting seeing new things within the health care field
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2013
i learned alot from working at grace hospital. i worked 3, 12 hour shifts a week and every other weekend. from 7pm to 7am.
grace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Morganton, NCApril 26, 2013
It is a good place to work. The co-workers are very helpfull.
!,000,000 square ft. Always busy. Days went fast
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 9, 2013
Great place to work. I had an excellent working relationship with my boss, Dave Manardo. Away from work we played in golf tournaments together that were sponsored by the hospital. I knew Dave for only 5 years, however it seemed longer. The only reason I left Grace hospital was to experience a life in northern Michigan and all it's beauty.
Very gratifying to be a part of a team that is dedicated to positive outcomes.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), East Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2012
Pros: good location
Cons: terrible health insurance benefits and 403b matching
Overall, a good place to work. Co-workers are very helpful. Lots of teamwork. Good work/life balance with 12 hour shifts. Opportunities for advancement non-existent. Management.....
hours
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: pleasant staff
Cons: cut hours
nice place to work, just cut hours to much,pleasant atmosphere to work in
Very fast paced,
House Keeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 20, 2014
Cons: working around the sick and dying
The day starts at 6:00am to 4:30pm shift change. all the housekeeping personnel meet in the work room and get paired with different workers to go to different areas of the hospital to clean rooms and mop floors and hallways as well as bathrooms. I learned new cleaning techniques like how and where to use different chemicals, where to put hazardous and – more... infectious items so they can get distriod. the workers were organized and very helpful. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the isolation rooms. I enjoyed being and talking with others while working , lunch time was the best. – less
Great job security and benefit package
DIETARY PORTER (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: short shifts of 3-6 hours
A typical day: customer service, cashier, balancing transactions, bank deposits.
What I learned: Great time management skills
Management: The management team in the Retail Food Services have high expectations from their staff.
My co-workers: My coworkers are team players and very hardworking.
The hardest part of my job: Trying to manage with less staff – more... when there is a sick call.
The most enjoyable part of my job: Working as a team with my co-workers. – less
Grace Hospital Expierence
Dietary Porter (Current Employee), Winnipeg, BoothMay 13, 2013
I personally enjoy working at the grace. I work in the kitchen and as a cashier. The people I work with are good people and loving. The managers are good as well and fair for the most part. The hardest part of the job would be when im on Cash and its really busy but thats part of the job, so I dont mind it. The most enjoyable part of the job would have – more... to be the employees I work with and that time goes by really fast. – less
any place
staff nurse (Current Employee), civil hospital amreliJanuary 25, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job