Grace Hospital Employee Reviews

productive fast paced
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy the job very well however I have to drive a way to get here. I am relocating not because of the work because I want something closer to home. I enjoy the working environment.
Teaching hospital that is fast paced and often exciting. The ER is as busy as any in the state with a great staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 10, 2017
If you can work in this ER, you can handle any in the country. Great teaching culture where an experienced therapist can teach and learn new things. At times, a little short-staffed for the workload, but teamwork gets them through the tough days.
Fun place, Excellent learning environment,Great lunch and breaks
ED Technician Sinai (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2017
Poor wages for the amount of work done. Very busy place work especially in the ER. I learned a lot and seen a lot. I appreciate what I did and learned. I would recommend this type of work for short term not long term!
Pros
Great learning and experience, Good lunch/breaks
Cons
Poor wages, back breaking work
This was a nightmare
Chef (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 11, 2017
The manager has no clue how to properly run a kitchen. He is to concerned on getting his own bonus to see that the people actually running things only smile and nod then do the opposite. my advice RUN.
Pros
it pays
Cons
hostile environment, poor managing, low pay, no concern for employees, to many chiefs.
Enjoyed the autonomy of the job.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJune 26, 2017
Housekeeping to patient rooms , hallways and nurse stations. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hardest part was when they called for rooms to be done STAT.
outdated facility
nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44113June 10, 2017
outdated facility and practices
administrative and management team not visible nor helpful
very disorganized setting with lots of patient complaints
Pros
unhealthy environment
Cons
do as "I say" not as "I do"environment with administration
alright
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  morganton ncApril 27, 2017
Keep your eyes open on everyone and stay humble. Never be afraid to speak up on any situation. Right or wrong. Stand up for yourself. Go in with a positive smile no matter what. Keep yourself busy
Pros
food & some of your employees you work with & patients
Cons
breaks, some people over you & some nurses
stressful and upsetting work enviornment
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 6, 2016
working at Grace hospital at first was great, but later they started treating me really poorly and I had to leave. They took advantage of me and made me feel insufficient.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no health benefits
DMC Project Genesis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work, people are friendly and willing to help you. Fast paced work place . Got a lot of experience . Nothing bad to say about this hospital.
Have worked with many good people from all walks of life.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2016
No two days are ever the same. It has been the most emotionally and physically draining job that has been fulfilling to do. Because of the patients length of stay (a month or longer), I become very close with the patients and families, I empathize with what they are going through and try to keep them as comfortable as is possible during this difficult time in their lives.
Easy job
Patient Attendant Safety Sinai (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2016
Its a easy job, we are just underpaid, and overworked sometimes, No real role in the hospital, treated unfairly, no way to advance in the company
Pros
able to get overtime
Cons
short breaks, no real break time
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2015
the employee are great to work with the manager is fairly nice the job is easy and the pay is great!! i just wish they had more hours
Pros
mileage pay
Cons
need more hours
Nice to work for
Stress Test Provider/Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 28, 2014
I was loosing all my critical thinking skills working in my position. Position was wonderful, just didn't want to loose my critical care thinking and actions. Would have been great for a older nurse.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Expensive lunches
Under staffed
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NC 28655September 23, 2014
Hospital environment is stressful without the stress of not having the proper amount of people to cover all areas of the hospital.
I enjoy the automony this job allows me to embrace each day.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
I have recently went back to work for the organization and the respect from the management team is amazing. I able to organize my own day and have flex time which allows for a very manageable work/life balance.

I have recently ,moved to Medina and I am looking continue my career path closer to this area of town.

There is no such thing as a typical day in a hospital setting. You have to learn by the hour sometime how to prioritize and change direction based on the needs of your patients, families and co workers.
enjoyed working with people, helping patients get better and seeing them get the chance to go home.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2014
My day consisted of total patient care, making sure the patient fed at appointented times, bathed, weighed, vital signs were taken. I would have on a daily basis anywhere from 5-6 patients that I would be responsible for. I worked with some wonderful nurses, and learned a lot from them. The hardest part of my job was watching a patient die, that is never eay, and the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on the patient as well as the family members faces.
Pros
overtime
Cons
the death of a patient
great ppl to work with
Patient Registrar/Access Management (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCApril 15, 2014
ER dept was always busy and kept you going. Management was great and the staff was very professional. I've gained a lot of experience and knowledge while working here.
Pros
great staff
Cons
bidding for a permanent position is difficult
Overall great place to work. Has undergone a lot of changes since I was there and much better from what I understand.
ER/OP Clerk, Medical Records; ER Secretary (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 30, 2014
This was a great job in my life but I was not mature enough to really appreciate it at the time. I worked in Medical Records for a while but unhappy and transferred to the ER dept. I did love both areas but so much "internal drama" going on I did not handle well. Also, I left to mainly move back home and take care of ailing mother.
Pros
Great organization
productive
Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 28, 2014
I really like the people I worked with, It was my favorite job out of the two, I never experienced anything like that before if I could go back I would.
exciting seeing new things within the health care field
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2013
i learned alot from working at grace hospital. i worked 3, 12 hour shifts a week and every other weekend. from 7pm to 7am.