Grace Living Centers

Grace Living Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with a genuine heart for the elderly.
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2015
I would recommend Grace Living Center to anyone and everyone. I have enjoyed working for this company and plan to continue working for them until I retire. They have treated me and my family very well and without Grace I would not be where I am today.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement and to know that the number one goal is always the patient.
Cons
Politics and compensation
High stress work place with no support.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  muskogee, okOctober 20, 2015
Any serious medication errors, missing medications, resident care issues, or Co worker issues are swept under the rug. Anyone can get by with anything. 30-40 residents to one nurse and one cna is dangerous. Especially since this is NOT an assisted living center. No med aid at night too many admits for one nurse in the evening and lots of movement during the day. Anything from IV antibiotics, surgery after care, high fall risks, and dementia residents all mixed in together. Kinda makes you guard your license a bit. Co workers are absolutely not quick to help unless you get the couple of the ones who will stay over even if it is to help with simple things or come in early to help so you can go home on time. Which you will never ever do. Problems taken to administration and don is just tucked away. And they will tell you whatever you want to hear to make you stay. They practically beg the sorry workers that are no call no shows to come back and cause more stress!!! All of this is unfair to the residents. No benefits at all. Just stress. And lots of drama drama drama. Your own health doesn't matter to administration. You want to do so much for the residents but there is too much to do with no help and lazy lazy Co workers.
Pros
You stay way busy. The residents are great.
Cons
Pay. Administration. No help. Too many residents to one nurse.
Grace Living Centers is a Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2016
You will not find a more ethical nursing home organization in Oklahoma. The Owner genuinely cares about the residents as well as the employees. There is room for advancement and they go out of their way with scholarships to help your achieve your dreams!
Pros
Career Oportunities
Cons
Pay...but that is our industry
Read and save yourself a lot of trouble!!!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 14, 2015
This home just cannot get it together! Grace corporate continually run bad management through, trying to find success. Current DON is NOT what is advertised above. Just like the others, pushes paper around and covers up any issue that will cause a tag and goes home. Turnover is huge and employees are constantly asked to work extra hours. Employees call in alot so when you work the load is extra because there is no help. Also, almost every pay day.......your check will be wrong!!! starting with your pay rate. Whatever you agreed to, it will be less, and they pretend it's a mistake until you try and quit over it before it's fixed! When the next shift doesn't show up you are just stuck until someone gets there. No on-call people to help when people don't show!
Pros
Most employees can get away with anything here, make your own schedule
Cons
Unreasonably huge workload, long hours, corrupt management
Absolutely TERRIBLE place to work!!!!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2014
The only good thing about this company is the residents! Pay is terrible, scheduling is terrible, and management is terrible!!! Absolutely shortstaffed at all times!!!! There is no room for growth, no pay raises and terrible benefits!!! Management has no respect or appreciation for their employees!!!! Coworkers do not take care of the patients and are only there for a paycheck!!! Management is quick to walk around and tell you everything that you need to do but will not lift a finger to help you do it!!! Employees that don't do their job and no call no show have no consequences!!! Just all-around the worst job i've ever had!!!
Pros
no matter what you do you will not lose your job!!! which is ridiculous!!
Cons
absolutely everything!!!! especially management!!!!
GLc was the best Co. to work for.
Long term care administrator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 5, 2016
They have a great Mission that they push to replicate on a daily basis. There commitment to Long Term Care is above excellent. They support each community and hold each and every resident to the highest regards.
Pros
Great Career opportunities
Cons
Only located in Oklahoma
Fun working with people
HOUSEKEEPING,LAUNDRY (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2016
I would work on weekends in laundry and during the week in housekeeping.I had learned alot and got attached to the residents managment was great and co-workers wer awesome..The hardest part was working double weekends while I was pregnant
Pros
RESIDENTS WERE AWESOME GREAT PEOPLE
Cons
SOME OF THE CO-WORKERS ATTITUDES
Great home enviroment with many uplifting people
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 1, 2014
Get report and hit the ground running take vitals, finger sticks, collect labs the Physician is requesting. Daily wound dressing changes, skin damage assessments, skin preventatives. Begin daily charting. Report to Physicians and Family of residents status or changes. I have learned time management is very important. I have the best co-workers uplifting, honest, and helpful. Hardest part of the job is when the residents die. Generally when they die there a part of your family. Taking care of the residents is the best part of job. Knowing that your a part of a team that makes there life better.
Pros
in the same town i live in
Cons
does not have benefits that are affordable.
Great working with the residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2016
I loved getting to know the residents and their families. I always felt as though I brightened their days. The hours were kinda long but it was definitely worth it.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2016
I loved working here because I got close to the elderly and I enjoy helping people. You also got a chance to win money in drawings it was a cool place I liked it.

Want to know more about Grace Living Centers?

Ask a question
It's a fun and supportive environment.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2016
I've worked with this company for a long time and have had many opportunities for advancement. I enjoy working with the staff and residents.
Its leaves alot to be desired
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2016
If you want to feel like your in a rut and burned out Then this is the place for you.
The staff walks around like drones in a bad Sci fy movie and there is no,motivation to get anything done.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Everything else
...
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Mangum, OKMarch 25, 2016
I loved the residents I cared for on a daily basis. The people I worked with became family. I loved what I did and knew at the end of the day I was helping a life.
greta work environment
Quality Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2015
My supervisor always made sure I had all the tools necesarily to get the job done. She would not mind to stop by my home and help in any way possible. This made me to see her as a team player more than a boss.
Dietary Aide's Day
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 23, 2015
Dietary aides have varied responsibilities on the job. Aides prepare meals according to recipes, plan menus and interview patients about their diets. In nursing homes, they often note how much food a patient eats. They help track expenses and control the cost of food service for businesses and other institutions. Other common duties include helping plan special diets and planning or presenting nutrition educational programs for patients.
Pros
Amazing residents!
Cons
Horrible Dietary Manager and the nursing staff horrible with residents
Loved working for this company.
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2013
Truly enjoyed going to work everyday. Co-worker were so much fun to work with. Management was the best. Loved the residents. This was truly a fun place to work. Worked hard but played hard also.
Pros
wonderful place to work.
Cons
benefits were not the greatest.
Good Company
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2012
A typical day was fast paced and full schedule of work. Co-workers were nice but difficult at times. Not alot of support. I learned alot about the plight of the elderly and disabled in this society. The hardest part of my job was conflict resolution and the easist part was my actual job description of payroll and accounting.
Pros
salary
Cons
stressful environment
Pretty good, for a nursing home.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 10, 2012
Edmond location has 4 halls with 3 or 4 nurses total on the floor. Usually about 8 aides total. Day shift is crazy with lots of treatments. You will definately keep busy here.
Pros
good pay with some overtime.
Cons
low benefits.
dangerous to your career
nurse (Former Employee) –  jenks OklahomaAugust 4, 2014
Average shift length was 15 hours.
Could not staff the facility and the result was impossible amount of responsibility, and all nurses were set up to fail, with disastrous consequences...the combination of long hours, short staff and huge patient load made working here a risk to anyone with a career.
On top of all that...all nurses and supporting staff were expected to fill in and cover the staffing shortages.
And they threw every employee under the bus that made a mistake in the environment that the administration created.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no breaks, bullying, working staff to exhaustion
Supportive
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, okAugust 31, 2015
My colleagues and I worked hard together. We also grew and developed new ideas together. Fun and supportive work environment.