Grace Living Centers

Grace Living Centers Employer Reviews

Alot of caring
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee), El Reno, OKJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: they did things for and with the residence
Cons: the insurance isn't worth the price
It is a fun and very caring environment I just get attached way to easy and quick.
exciting career working with residents doing patient care.
CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: extra over-time
a wonderful place to work! I enjoy working with the resident and the nursing staff. They all worked as a team,getting the job done
A company that guided me from a new business office manager position to now a contract labor position. Great company
Contract Labor billing (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 1, 2015
When I worked in the Home Office, Since I had 7 business office managers under me, my days were filled with a lot of trouble shooting phone calls, working on aging reports, billing past due accounts, and being responsible for the overall accounts receivable for all my homes. Filing property liens, to talking to DHS case workers was nothing out of the ordinary for me on a daily basis to deal with. Everyday, something new came up that helped me learn my job better. Challenged me and kept my very busy. When I first began the business office manager world with Grace, my dream was to get to home office support. After years of working, I finally made it to that position. I went in with confidence of knowing my job and being good at my job, but I soon learned from the ladies I worked with that I had still things to learn and they never hesitated in teaching me. The ladies I worked with in our department, are dedicated and loyal employees that have all been with the company for many years. The hardest part of my job was, not enough time in the day to get everything done that we needed to do. It was a known fact, that the usual 8-5 hours would not get the job done but everyone did what they could so their homes assigned to them would be the best they could be. The most enjoyable thing about the job, was everyday was different. Even if I did the same things sometimes, I never knew what each day would hold. I could go in that morning with a "plan" but by 9:00, everything had changed. That kind of environment, kept me on my toes and helped me grow as a professional.
Today I do contract billing for the company and I am very pleased that my skills, knowledge, willingness to still learn, let the company keep my on even though I work from another state. Their dedication to me as an employee is why I am also dedicated to them as one of my employers.
Absolutely TERRIBLE place to work!!!!
CNA (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2014
Pros: no matter what you do you will not lose your job!!! which is ridiculous!!
Cons: absolutely everything!!!! especially management!!!!
The only good thing about this company is the residents! Pay is terrible, scheduling is terrible, and management is terrible!!! Absolutely shortstaffed at all times!!!! There is no room for growth, no pay raises and terrible benefits!!! Management has no respect or appreciation for their employees!!!! Coworkers do not take care of the patients and are only there for a paycheck!!! Management is quick to walk around and tell you everything that you need to do but will not lift a finger to help you do it!!! Employees that don't do their job and no call no show have no consequences!!! Just all-around the worst job i've ever had!!!
It was a nice place to work and I enjoyed taking care of my clients.
RN weekend supervisor (Former Employee), 1921 NE 21st. OKC OK 73162October 15, 2014
Assign and supervises care , optimized care and make sure the working environment was pleasant. Resolved conflict between staff members and making them feel at home while at work.
I learned that respecting team members and being honest and punctual at work contribute a lot to the well-being of your patients as such decreases morbidity and mortality rate . I also met people of different cultural back ground.
Working with co-workers like a team to achieve a common goal.
Hardest part of this job was getting to know and understand new employee and also to resolve staff conflicts.
I feel happy when a piece of task is done successfully and my patient expressed satisfaction
Great home enviroment with many uplifting people
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), El Reno, OKOctober 1, 2014
Pros: in the same town i live in
Cons: does not have benefits that are affordable.
Get report and hit the ground running take vitals, finger sticks, collect labs the Physician is requesting. Daily wound dressing changes, skin damage assessments, skin preventatives. Begin daily charting. Report to Physicians and Family of residents status or changes. I have learned time management is very important. I have the best co-workers uplifting, honest, and helpful. Hardest part of the job is when the residents die. Generally when they die there a part of your family. Taking care of the residents is the best part of job. Knowing that your a part of a team that makes there life better.
Very overwhelming place to work, people get burned out real fast do to being overworked.
CMA/CNA (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 28, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: staff, pay, and treatment of being equal.
Not enough staff, not team players, and management does not work with staff on anything.
Productive Work Environment
Certifed Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKAugust 11, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: lack of breaks
Stressful at times, liked working with other people, most enjoyable part was helping residents.
dangerous to your career
nurse (Former Employee), jenks OklahomaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no breaks, bullying, working staff to exhaustion
Average shift length was 15 hours.
Could not staff the facility and the result was impossible amount of responsibility, and all nurses were set up to fail, with disastrous consequences...the combination of long hours, short staff and huge patient load made working here a risk to anyone with a career.
On top of all that...all nurses and supporting staff were expected to fill in and cover the staffing shortages.
And they threw every employee under the bus that made a mistake in the environment that the administration created.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the residents. Being in a long term facility it was as if the residents were part of your family.
Skilled PPS Case Manager (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paid holidays.
Cons: there weren't very many cons to the job. overall i really enjoyed my job, the residents, and my coworkers.
As a long term care facility the residents become a part of your family. You really get to know your residents, A typical day at work was for me to check on my skilled and VA residents to see how they were doing and see if there were any issues that needed to be addressed. I would meet with the therapists each morning to talk about progress with the skilled residents, also to determine if they planned to stay at facility long term or if they planned on going home. If they planned on going home, I made sure Home Health was in place for the date and time that was convenient for the resident, make a follow up appointment with residents primary physician, help resident with any equipment such as oxygen, bedside commode, etc. was in place before returning home. I balanced doing MDS assessment with care plans. At lunch, I helped with the residents that could not feed themselves and helped supervise all residents.
couldnt delegate their employees
CNA hall leader (Former Employee), stillwater okJune 12, 2014
the manager could not get the employees to do their jobs and they have a problem with favoritism.
not a very well run facility
LPN (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2014
Pros: laid back, good nurse relationships
Cons: too lenient with cna's who do not perform their jobs
this employer is not willing to work with the nursing staff to help accommodate schedules to coincide with home life. they will hire outside before they move a nurse to a different position internally.
great job
CNA (Former Employee), Clinton, OKMay 9, 2014
loved the environment, great coworkers, great management
Great place
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMay 2, 2014
Very willing to work with your schedule and to give you as many work hours as requested.
A very exciting place to work at, Never a dull moment
CNA/HHA (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2014
I'm a people person, so working in corrections was a good experience for me. Everyday was something different. Supervising inmates was very easy for me to do because of my strong personality. I got alone well with administration and stuff very well. They actually hired me back, but the shift that was giving to me I wasn't able to work.
Enjoyed interacting with patients.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2014
regular housekeeping
no new knowledge on this job.
management was fair.
co-workers were fair.
patients passing away.
paydays.
N/A
CNA (Former Employee), Bethany, OKMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
CNA Job Description: Vital signs, Glucose Monitoring, Intakes and Outputs, ADL logs, Feeding patients, Toileting, Bathing, Ambulating, Range of Motion, Making Beds (Occupied andUnoccupied), Peri-Care, Oral Care, Foley Catheter Care, and much more.
Solid company, needs to work on wellness and taking care of employees
Chief Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma cityMarch 19, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: need to enhance employee wellness and empowerment
Long Term Healthcare is very rewarding and very demanding.
Fast paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Woodward, OkJanuary 17, 2014
Maintain Clean work environment for employees and clean living environment for residents
Typical LTC environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityJanuary 16, 2014
Lots of changes at this particular location, new administration and lots of budget cuts. Worse part of the job is the elimination of the Baylor plan.

About Grace Living Centers

Grace Living Centers provides skilled nursing and therapy services along with long-term care options throughout Oklahoma. 22 – Read more