Grace Living Centers Employee Reviews

enjoyable for the most part
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKJuly 29, 2017
Busy always more than enough work to stay busy.
Could use more help on weekends.
Easy to work for when time needed off they have been very helpful.
My residents are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
friendly, close to home, clean
Cons
dont get to many interupted lunch breaks, pay could be better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 19, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had.
Fun place to work. Loved my coworkers and residents. Everyone was caring and quite nice. the most enjoyable part of my job was the residents.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Never got full lunch time.
A Hateful Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73139July 11, 2017
An uncontrolled work force with little care for its residents.
Management are not supportive of their CNA's. CNA's can be expected to be taking on the responsibility of up to 9 residents at at time or more if someone calls in. There is no rotation to help preserve your physical well being and it is possible to be helping full assist residents for months before switching halls to more able residents. Many CNAs are clicky and rude. It is a hateful environment and no pay growth. The bathrooms are not modern and make resident care difficult. The rooms are not private and have roommate issues where they are confrontational with each other. The rooms are not modern and the CNA on duty can be expected to be doing a lot of unnecessary lifting and bending in the rooms. Find a more modern and well funded nursing home to work at because this one is grossly un-proficient and un-supportive to the idea of supporting a better state of living for its residents and a healthy environment for its employees.
Pros
residents
Cons
pay, ability to work, ability to care, facilities are outdated, management are inept, nurses are unproductive, CNAs are ill equipped.
almost highest paid in nursing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2017
great place to work and ALSO a continuing education facilit a nice laid back enviroment with room for growth nice staff very supportive good management depending on location
expectations well defined
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2017
Facility unclean, unattractive physically, generally had unpleasant odors. Coworkers often undependable, some cared about patients and fellow coworkers.
Happy Hour with the residents
Ambassador Manor Nursing Facility (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2017
It is a nice place to work. There isn't too much stress involved with the daily task. You can interact with the residents and that's makes working there fun.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
Bad place.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2017
No training for employees. Upper management did not allow lower management to assist with training. Insurance for employee +1 would have left $32 per pay period for me. Ridiculously expensive.
Pros
Some nice people work there
Cons
No way to make a living
Nursing Home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 23, 2017
Good place to work but they can be short handed and that can be stressful. If fully staffed its a good place to work. Due to being short staffed sometimes its hard to get a lunch. Most of the employees are good and very helpful.
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stilwell, OKMay 20, 2017
Horrible place to work, under staffed, promises bonuses you never receive, rude employees, no lunch breaks, over works and messes up hours so you can't receive overtime.
Worst Experience in Career of CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKMay 18, 2017
The facility in Jenks is horrible. The nurses are rude to residents, threaten them with staying in bed if they have behaviors, and are CONSTANTLY outside smoking. The CNAs are too busy gossiping, talking on the phones, etc to do quality work. During last state inspection they had numerous writeups for safety and health of residents. The unit managers are less than professional, but put on the necessary facade. I would think more than twice about accepting employment here.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No breaks, rude coworkers, Drama, poor quality

Want to know more about Grace Living Centers?

Ask a question
Depends on which one your at.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 17, 2017
They promote the wrong staff. The administrative staff should really look into who's doing the hiring/staffing. The residents no matter which Grace you're at are absolutely wonderful i loved them all.
Great Nursing Facility
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 3, 2017
I enjoy working here. Just looking for a better opportunity that's more challenging. I love the staff and the residents. I am also looking for a job with a better schedule.
Taking care of ppl
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 20, 2017
Great place great workers I love the place great co workers an facility all around... I always wanted to go to work everyday positive ppl an always had nice things to say
unprofessional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 3, 2017
does not care about employees. excuses all the time. no one shows up for work. never any help. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Drama all the time.
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, OKMarch 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Grace. I loved being a quality manager and really enjoyed it, I think grace is a good company to work for, but I do think that the salary could be better.
Pros
Able to take time off
This company is terrible to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 28, 2017
My experience working at grace living center was rather stressful. Yes, the overtime was nice to have to an extent. However, they will ask you to work everyday- sixteen hour shifts even. Knowing you have children and a family at home and then get mad when you tell them no. They are more concerned with getting by if state comes through the door then they are providing the proper care for the residents.
Pros
You get overtime and the satisfaction of being able to care for someone
Cons
Everything else
It was a outgoing place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 27, 2017
It was an okay place to work at. Met a lot of wonderful people who worked there, and they also pay for you to take a CMA class. Pretty good with doing over-time but sometimes always short staffed.
fun place to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 13, 2017
Very nice place to work. Residents are nice at times. I enjoy seeing the smiles on their faces and when the residents compliment me on my cooking. Workplace is very positive at times and dietary get along very well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
Business professional
Supervisor Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed the hospitality at Grace from the residents and most of the staff. Although the management needs more improvement, the over all experience was great.
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
management
hard work but very rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKMarch 2, 2017
This job is a lot of physical work and you will be greatly rewarded by all the residents appreciation for you. The coworkers all work as a team truly care for one another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grace Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.