Grace Lutheran Church Employee Reviews

Grace Lutheran Church Pensacola
Senior Pastor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2017
Grace Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. It is a wonderful group of people who worship there but the culture of the working atmosphere is one that does not build a team culture.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
great work community
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 3, 2017
A great place to grow. everyone is kind and willing to help one and other with great attitude and dedication to the church and its members and community.
Interesting place to work, people were interesting and fun
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WAJune 1, 2017
I ran the office serving as Administrative Assistant to the Pastor and to the preschool. I learned a lot about different office procedures in a small church and I had never assisted in a preschool before. It was fun. The Pastor in the office was often a little unclear as to what he wanted done, and had some problems in the communicating that to me, but once we developed a system, it worked fine. Very often I was the only person on campus, so it was very quiet sometimes. The hardest part of the job was collecting information from the membership for the monthly newsletter and dealing with the walk in homeless people. I wasn't give many tools to help them, so I did the best I could. I liked working with the kids in the preschool.
Pros
Rewarding job, good people
Cons
Took some time to figure out how to communicate with Head Pastor
Church
Nursey worker (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, CAMay 19, 2017
Loved working with kids of all ages from the age of 0-10 years. While there parents where in church. It was a very fun relaxed place an i would go back anytime if im looming for part time only.
Cons
Only working on sundays
Worked with after school children
Pilot Rock Christian School (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OR 97520January 1, 2017
I was the provider after school for many preschoolers. This was a great job but it only paid $10 hour. It was a Christian environment which I loved. This church provided an awesome, wholesome environment which definitely made a difference in many children's life. Most days we cared for up to 20 children indoors and outdoors and this included field trips to the park or on the RVTD. I loved this job but I needed benefits for my family.
Pros
Christian atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Grace
Director of Faith Formation (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 15, 2016
I love working at Grace! Everyone has been so welcoming and I know there's lots of room to grow. I believe that with all the gifts we have here with all the incredible volunteers, we'll definitely accomplish our goals!
Pros
able to work with schedule
Cons
part time
put my heart and soul into this place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 13, 2016
I served here for 12 years, I loved the families I worked with.

I feel I wasn't given enough credit from colleagues

some of the colleagues working there need a change of scenery
Pros
everyone working with was same faith
Cons
did not see the ultimate picture of where they were trying to go
Productive & fun place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
My grand parents attend the church so once a week I lend a helping hand to clean up or any major projects that need to be done around the church.
my church that I grew up in
Sunday School Youth Advisor/ Community Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHNovember 24, 2015
Having being able over the years to learn about God/family and faith within myself and in the world.

helping out with services/ dinners/ sunday school/ youth groups
Pros
A wonderful place to worship
Cons
N/a
productive work place with smooth communication among staff
BOOKKEEPER(TREASURE ASSISTANT) -VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2015
implement improvement some accounting procedures

AP, Cash disbursements, monthly bank rec, account rec, payroll

Hardest thing was to identify and adjust Church Renovation items should have been recorded in Capital Improvement account and depreciate properly but were recorded under Expense accounts for previous years.

the most enjoyable part of job is having the control of the whole accounting book, being aware of everything going on.
Ever-changing environment, emotionally gratifying work.
Secretary/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 11, 2015
Wonderful people to work for and with. The needs of each day are different which creates a nice variety to the day. People are grateful for the help and the work is emotionally satisfying.
Pros
Variety of tasks every day.
Cons
None.
Old Church with a rich History
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJune 28, 2015
As you come into work you never know what to expect, you could have to plan a new bulletin, or make all the arrangements for a service needed the next day or next week. As a part time employee one day there could be no messages or emails but the next time you come in you have a dozen. Which makes your job interesting and rewarding knowing you are assisting others. Being a liaison between the churches of the Parish you learn how to approach others some cautiously and others heartily it is all a matter of balance.
I have learned how to run an office completely by myself 98% of the time, but also being able to adjust to stop-ins of anybody with situations that need to be dealt with and then going back to the tasks at hand. I manage all of the church day to day dealings and If need be I can also work off-site or remotely and manage phone calls or emails that way.
I think one of the hardest parts of my job is the alone time and hearing things in parts of the Church that could be creepy to the untrained ear. I am a people person but I also work very well independently too.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the genuine appreciation of the congregation of my work and the knowledge I have acquired of the management of a religious establishment.
Pros
the flexibility of my work schedule
Cons
it not being full-time
Educational Workplace
Kindergarten Sunday school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, WIMarch 8, 2015
A typical day teaching Kindergartners, I would have to prepare lesson planes, and make sure that they are learning what is in their curriculum.
Excellent place to work and worship
Church secretary, part-time weekly (Current Employee) –  St Charles, ILFebruary 21, 2015
I maintain the churches database, answer phones, prepare letters for mailings, discuss current happenings at church with Pastor. I am usually there by myself as we are a small church. The hardest part of the job is fielding personal questions about members from other members. The best part of the job is the fulfillment I get.
Pros
fexiable hours
Cons
non
Church
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MNNovember 16, 2014
Grace Lutheran Church is a 900 member church in Waseca MN. The treasurer oversees the finances for the church during the year. The staff are caring and enjoy their work.
Pros
Small Company
Cons
Dependent on donations to run the church
Comfortable work space
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2014
I worked daily with Pastor to get the bulletins completed for the upoming Sunday. I worked with the treasurer on occassion and did complete the tasks assigned to me. It was a very relaxed atmosphere which made it easy to excell. I was a subcontractor so I was able to work at home if required. I worked approximately 20 hours per week and if necessary, I would work longer to get the job done on time.
Pros
Respected
Loved the children and congregation as family.
Children's Education Director (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Always looking for new ideas on how to teach the children and include our congregation. I learned that loving and accepting others is most important even when they don't think so. Our staff worked very close together and made work feel less stressful at times. The hardest part of my job was not having enough time in my day and week.
Fun and engaging workplace
Faith Formation Director (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 7, 2014
Overall it was a great experience. I learned about working with youth and their families. I held fundraisers for summer trips and learned how to budget summer trip funds. The hardest part of the job was the hours and time commitment. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the different families and getting to walk alongside of them.
Clerical duties.
Temporary Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJune 26, 2014
Answered phone, worked on computer. Typed church's weekly bulletins and monthly newsletters.
Pros
I worked part time so I could spend time with my children.
Cons
No health insurance.
Best place to work. People were great, friendly and very loving.
Sexton Custodian (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, Oregon USAOctober 1, 2013
Best place I have worked. Pastors' are understanding, giving and makes like you belong to a family. The members are just as friendly, caring and very helpful around the church. I would love to work there again. The co-workers are cheerful and happy. Scrubbing and waxing the floors, as there is so much going on all the time.
Pros
You were your own boss.
Cons
Holidays, opening and closing.