Grace Lutheran Church

Grace Lutheran Church Employer Reviews

Clerical duties.
Temporary Office Manager (Former Employee), Howell, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: i worked part time so i could spend time with my children.
Cons: no health insurance.
Answered phone, worked on computer. Typed church's weekly bulletins and monthly newsletters.
Best place to work. People were great, friendly and very loving.
Sexton Custodian (Former Employee), Corvallis, Oregon USAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: you were your own boss.
Cons: holidays, opening and closing.
Best place I have worked. Pastors' are understanding, giving and makes like you belong to a family. The members are just as friendly, caring and very helpful around the church. I would love to work there again. The co-workers are cheerful and happy. Scrubbing and waxing the floors, as there is so much going on all the time.
It's an interesting & fun place to work.
Director of Outreach (Current Employee), 2041 Madison St, Clarksville, TNAugust 6, 2013
The people who work there are interested in helping others in their physical & spiritual lives. Every person works for the improvement of the church & adding members. It is enjoyable to meet the many different people who come to our door for assistance. Replenishing the food pantry is rewarding but hard work. The hardest part of the job is tuning people – more... down for assistance when they do not qualify. – less
Perfect Work Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), La Plata, MDMarch 24, 2013
Pros: fun work environment, always something to do yet there is down time, fun people to work with, chances for a nice check
Cons: longs hours
I volunteer at Grace Lutheran Church usually when they have weddings or at their annual events. Sometimes I'm only one of the few people working an event and other times there are so many people there, I wonder if they even need me. They always have something for me to do so I'm never just waiting around, doing nothing. I do get breaks whenever there's – more... down time (there's always down time at one point or another).

The ones in charge are usually either the volunteer chef or the event coordinator. They're both super nice! They explain things well and make sure everything runs smoothly. I barely have to be told anymore what has to be done.

The other volunteers are very nice too. Everyone is helpful and we joke around with one another. Lately I've been getting asked by the other volunteers what they have to do and it's a wonderful feelings knowing what you have to do and being able to help others do their job better.

Sometimes we get paid for events. Usually for weddings, we can be paid between $50 and $200...depending on the size of the crowd.

The hardest part is probably just being on your feet for 8 - 10 hours (for weddings...about 4 for other events) The most enjoyable is preparing the food in the kitchen. Everyone is always coming and going so I have to quickly prepare the trays and I enjoy because I can bring my creativity to it. – less
Volunteering in the office of the church.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 5, 2013
Pros: gets me out of the house.
Cons: no pay.
Answer the telephone and front door when needed too, proofread the bulletin and monthly newsletter and fold bulletins and put together monthly newsletter.

About Grace Lutheran Church

Grace Lutheran Church builds the community of believers through dynamic, relevant worship, music and liturgy. Grace strengthens – Read more