Graceworks Lutheran Services

Graceworks Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

Beautiful on the outside/ ugly on the inside
STNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 8, 2016
This place is incredibly understaffed. I worked there for a year, and it was life consuming. If you have some sort of soul, don't work there. You will def go home with a heavy heart every night. One of my residents died on my shift l, after taking their black bowel movement to my nurse (black=internal bleeding) but I was the aide, and undermined by the nurses and management.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Backstabbing employees
Great environment to work in!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 18, 2016
Everyone that worked there was incredibly helpful and positive! My managers were supportive and willing to help the staff with anything they needed. The pay was fair and reasonable and I really enjoyed working there! They also provided helpful training tools for the staff.
Pros
Positive company to work for
Cons
Very Large Campus! Make sure you pack a lunch!
This is a cult
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 3, 2016
It's like working for Scientology. They are spooky-nice to you until they decide they don't like you. They promise that a "not-for-profit" is night and day from other facilities, but that's a lie. Management is inept and crazy. Run from here.
Pros
The expensive artwork
Cons
Working here
Graceworks
CNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 21, 2016
I really liked the job the only problem I had was with the management the kind of too busy for you. The residents were awesome though and the facility was beautiful
Love the Residents
direct support staff (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 22, 2015
Just an ok place to work .Management is horrible Work Schedule is not fair and pay is not great.Love the residents and that's what keeps me working.
Pros
Residents
Great place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 11, 2015
Bethany has great staffing and management is willing to help when needed.
They offer full time, part time and prn and try to be accommodating with school schedules. The residents are all well cared for and are top priority for the staff.
Bethany offers great benefits, tuition reimbursement, quarterly "fun" meals for the staff, Christmas bonuses for all staff. It is a 5 STAR facility that has had several zero deficiency surveys.
Pros
Staffing ratios, upper management makes rounds on all shifts and is available to staff.
Cons
Only vending machines for employee meals.
Not for Profit faith based organization giving excellent care to elders
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Centerville OhioAugust 7, 2015
Person centered work environment. Upper management encourage staff by giving positive feedback and praise when deserved. Many opportunities for growth and promotions. Good benefits with tuition reimbursement to help advance your career.
Not A Good Place To Work
RN (Former Employee) –  Centerville OHJuly 28, 2015
Management, supervisors and HR lead poorly. The HR director is a liar. They bend over backwards to recruit you in but once they have you look out. I was hired as an RN on the rehab unit to work second shift 10 hour shifts. I was given a terrible schedule and was required to work every Friday night and then could not get my schedule changed because the other nurse "didn't work Fridays". That's no kind of management!! The work load/patients was impossible, patients were unhappy and morale was low. Look elsewhere. They look good on the surface, but beware. Not at all what you might expect. The facility is beautiful but management doesn't care about staff or residents.
Great experience, not so great pay
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Centerville OhioJuly 16, 2015
This company expects a lot from you but does not want to pay for the work. Its hard to advance, and moving is hard. I did love the clients, and providing care for them was life changing.
Pros
Clients were amazing
Cons
Pay, Hours, Quality of help
great place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2015
*The people who I cared for and the people I worked with became my family
*I have learned a lot about healthcare, which I have taken with me for my phlebotomy and nursing
*Management and co-workers are amazing
*Hardest part is to have patience
*Making a difference
Awesome place to work
Non-clinical staff (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 16, 2015
Management is very present and take time to know who you are. Co-workers are awesome. Experience at the facility will be very valuable for the future.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas bonuses, caring management, employee recognition events every month
Cons
Mediocre pay, advancement opportunities
beautiful facility
RCT (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 28, 2015
-Most of management is great, but some could improve communication between staff and other units

-Most co-workers work hard and really love the residents

-Watching a resident's health decline is very hard to watch

-The best part of my job is making my residents and their families smile

-I have learned to not only be there to support my residents, but also their families.

-At work, I help residents, dress, bathe, eat, ambulate, and toilet. I am also there to make their lives as enjoyable and stress-free as I can
Pros
well maintained facility
Awful Place to Work
STNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHDecember 16, 2014
Worked 3rd shift and the place was terribly understaffed creating major liability for those working. 10 to 1 ratio in an advanced Alzheimer's unit with 4 one on ones on every assignment. Management was awful and quick to blame you for things out of your control and for things done on other shifts. Rude coworkers that were quick to stab you in the back to save their own skins. The only redeeming quality of this place was some of its residents.
Pros
steady paycheck, health insurance
Cons
poor management, major personal liability
Management is the worst !!
Housekeeping (former) (Former Employee) –  CentervilleSeptember 17, 2014
I agree with the review from May 2014. The residents are the best!!
I was a good employee for several years; however, that didn't matter to management.
My troubles began after I brought some concerns to my supervisor. She twisted this private conversation that the two of had. She used it to attack me during the yearly performance, and made my score so low it put me on probation status. When I turn to HR (witch) manager for help, she sided with my supervisor. The HR witch said that at least a dozen co-workers had complained about me over the course of two years. She has yet to provide a paper trail. I was eventually set up by the evil trio (supervisor, team leader, and HR witch.). I lost my job because of their lies, and the HR witch continues to deny my unemployment benefits.
Bottom line do not trust this so-called Christians organization. They need to take the word GRACE out of their name. They no nothing about God, and His Grace!!!
Pros
Love the residents!!!!
Cons
Management is heartless, and a bunch of liars!!!
Watch yourself.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville OhioMay 10, 2014
Particular day of work, extremely overwork and unappreciated. The only things about this place is the residents and a few benefits, quick to write you up and take you off the schedule pending a meeting with management. Co-workers stab you in the back, so management says. Point blank don't apply.
Pros
Residents Friendly.
Cons
Uncaring Management.
best place ive ever worked for
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHJuly 25, 2013
I loved my job the residents an co-workers. the benefits of the job and the fact that you can work as much as you would like. your possibilities are endless at that company
Good place to gain a lots of experience
Resident Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 16, 2013
Superb teamwork to achieve resident satisfaction and faithful caring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graceworks Lutheran Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9