Graceworks Lutheran Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Faimly like atmosphere
RCT (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHDecember 13, 2017
I worked here 9 yrs and it became a place that was comfortable and felt like home. Friendly faces and warm welcomes. Very gratuitous towards their employees .
Graceworks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 18, 2017
Great place to work at and would recommend it to anyone. Top of the line. Entertaining cont education provided by facility. Very clean. Friendly staff.
Clients are great, some homes are more relaxed than others
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Depending on the home it can be a fun, relaxed place to work. You must pass meds and transport the clients. You work in a home like setting. It can be very rewarding.
Pros
Free meals with client, paid outings with clients
Direct Care Support
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Typical day Assisted approximately 3 seniors with meal preparations during lunch and dinner hours.
• Transported seniors to appointments, shopping, and banking institutions.
• Provided assistance with bathing and dressing to those that needed it.
Enjoyable part is most units have good team work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 3, 2017
Fast paced, med. pass takes 3-4 hours every morning. Hardest part of the job is management and nurse that heads up the electronic med. record training.
Pros
For the most part everyone is friendly and says good morning.
Cons
Management and their social clicks with certain employees.
Poor Management/Very "clicky"/do not believe the phrase "faithful caring"
Don't bother to apply (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 11, 2017
Most management there have their own agenda and it is NOT based on "faithful caring." Management is clicky with their "favorite employees" (especially among nursing in ALL departments). There is no job security. If they want you out, they will find a way to root you out. It is unfortunate that it is such a "cut throat" environment due to the campus is beautiful and the residents are great. Unless you are willing to walk all over the backs of the very workers that keep the campus and ALL departments going, then I would not even apply.
Pros
Residents, Nice clean facility.
Cons
Poor management, Cut throat enviroment, Very "clicky"
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2017
Assist residents with daily functions. Grocery shopping for group home, scheduling doctors appointments for residents. Update residents financial records, scheduling staff for shifts and managing the entire functions of the group home.
Pros
Free meals, flexible schedules and meeting new people.
Cons
Adjusting to call offs, taking residents to non scheduled doctor's appointments.
Proud to be part of Graceworks.
Manager/ former direct care (Current Employee) –  Greater Cincinnati AreaMarch 9, 2017
I have worked in the people serving field for many years. This company surpasses all my former employers in every area. They genuinely care about the people they serve and it shows in all they do. It is refreshing to have the support of an administration,when trying to meet the needs of our residents in a time when funding is being cut for Individuals with disabilities. They understand that the front line employees are who make or break the quality of services. Even though, pay in the industry will never be equal to the services performed, Graceworks keeps wages competitive. They also make sure insurance remains affordable and offer some overtime and other incentives that contribute to the benefit package as a whole.
Pros
The company cares about it's employees, benefit package is superior to other companies, Jobs in several areas of town. You make a difference in people's lives.
Don't waste your time!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Management here is uncaring and cut-throat, it's a cult like atmosphere. If you have any concerns regarding coworkers, management, or work load it puts a target on your back. The only way to keep your job here is to keep your head down and stay quiet while being able to take regular criticism. Expected to work extreamly hard while short staffed, under appreciated and mediocre pay.
Pros
Steady pay check, clean environment
Cons
Everything else
Good program
Companion (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 25, 2017
I don't know too much about the other programs at Grace works other than the Senior companion program However the program, seems very compassionate towards other people and willing to help our seniors and disable.
Pros
Great program
Cons
not enough pay.
The residents are the reason you stay !!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 24, 2017
The residents are wonderful, the employees are great,the management are the worst part ,they are short staff because of pay, the employees are not appreciated,the benefits have been cut,they have money to expand there facilities but don't have money to pay for good help , the facility may be beautiful on the outside but working inside isn't !
Pros
Residents, clean, and follows the state rules
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Beautiful on the outside/ ugly on the inside
STNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 8, 2016
This place is incredibly understaffed. I worked there for a year, and it was life consuming. If you have some sort of soul, don't work there. You will def go home with a heavy heart every night. One of my residents died on my shift l, after taking their black bowel movement to my nurse (black=internal bleeding) but I was the aide, and undermined by the nurses and management.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Backstabbing employees
Great environment to work in!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 18, 2016
Everyone that worked there was incredibly helpful and positive! My managers were supportive and willing to help the staff with anything they needed. The pay was fair and reasonable and I really enjoyed working there! They also provided helpful training tools for the staff.
Pros
Positive company to work for
Cons
Very Large Campus! Make sure you pack a lunch!
This is a cult
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 3, 2016
It's like working for Scientology. They are spooky-nice to you until they decide they don't like you. They promise that a "not-for-profit" is night and day from other facilities, but that's a lie. Management is inept and crazy. Run from here.
Pros
The expensive artwork
Cons
Working here
Ok place to work , better than most nursing homes or rehabs
Resident Care Assistant- stna (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2016
Nice co workers on rehab floor. Other units the staff wouldn't help. I did like the locker room to lock my purse in. I also liked that we had a nursing aide station with own computer but we had to stand to chart. Management took our stools and would get very upset with us if we ever sat down.
Nurses were far away in the middle of unit far from rooms. They didnt help answer lights or alarms. There is No cafeteria just vending machines. Management played favorites. Staffing played favorites. Residents were sweet. Rehab therapists were nice but a few were rude. Over all ok place to work. Pay is not the best for stna for the job duties. Lots of extra work. Clean place and they seem to follow state rules unlike some places.
Pros
Nice building, equipment stnas and residents
Cons
not allowed to sit and management terrible
Graceworks
CNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 21, 2016
I really liked the job the only problem I had was with the management the kind of too busy for you. The residents were awesome though and the facility was beautiful
Love the Residents
direct support staff (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 22, 2015
Just an ok place to work .Management is horrible Work Schedule is not fair and pay is not great.Love the residents and that's what keeps me working.
Pros
Residents
Great place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 11, 2015
Bethany has great staffing and management is willing to help when needed.
They offer full time, part time and prn and try to be accommodating with school schedules. The residents are all well cared for and are top priority for the staff.
Bethany offers great benefits, tuition reimbursement, quarterly "fun" meals for the staff, Christmas bonuses for all staff. It is a 5 STAR facility that has had several zero deficiency surveys.
Pros
Staffing ratios, upper management makes rounds on all shifts and is available to staff.
Cons
Only vending machines for employee meals.
Not for Profit faith based organization giving excellent care to elders
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Centerville OhioAugust 7, 2015
Person centered work environment. Upper management encourage staff by giving positive feedback and praise when deserved. Many opportunities for growth and promotions. Good benefits with tuition reimbursement to help advance your career.
Not A Good Place To Work
RN (Former Employee) –  Centerville OHJuly 28, 2015
Management, supervisors and HR lead poorly. The HR director is a liar. They bend over backwards to recruit you in but once they have you look out. I was hired as an RN on the rehab unit to work second shift 10 hour shifts. I was given a terrible schedule and was required to work every Friday night and then could not get my schedule changed because the other nurse "didn't work Fridays". That's no kind of management!! The work load/patients was impossible, patients were unhappy and morale was low. Look elsewhere. They look good on the surface, but beware. Not at all what you might expect. The facility is beautiful but management doesn't care about staff or residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graceworks Lutheran Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8