Incumbents in this position are required to perform all phases of field service work on the equipment supplied by Graco Industries, Inc, mainly with Cameron Centrifugal Turbo Compression. This involves supervision of the installation and startup of new equipment; on-site major repairs; detailed troubleshooting and any other phase of compressor repair. Additionally, the incumbent must instruct and train customer personnel. The prime territory involved is the continental U.S. and Mexico with international travel as required and assigned. The position requires extended periods of travel away from home, averaging five (5) days per job.
1. Insure the correct installation, maintenance and field repair of the equipment manufactured and sold by Cameron Compression at the purchaser's location.
2. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field installation and repair requirements of this equipment.
3. Be able to travel immediately to all job sites when requested to do so. Maintain an active passport for international travel when the need arises.
4. Provide technical advice and be able to train customers, potential customers, field salesmen and field service trainees.
5. Maintain proper written and oral communication skills to transfer highly technical information related to service work in a concise and logical manner.
6. Submit detailed technical reports on each service call in legible fashion suitable for customer copies, billing invoices, contract files for customer copies, contract files for permanent record keeping and Engineering, Quality and Marketing input.
7. Submit accurate, detailed expense account records and timecards suitable for billing customers in a clear and accurate manner. Maintain good financial records and practices to manage company business matters, credit cards, and if required, a company car.
8. Maintain proper business travel practices in a cost-efficient manner.
9. Follow all company and departmental procedures and guidelines.
10. Perform other duties as required.
11. He must have the ability to coordinate every day tasks for 6 technicians.
12. He has to be capable of making the route failure cause analysis.
13. Vibration expertise in turbo machinery.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Field Service Technician reports directly to the Supervisor, Field Service.
The equipment which requires service is centrifugal compressors from 150 HP to 15,000 HP and their related accessories, including microprocessor based control systems. This equipment is highly customized and widely varied in scope. It is the incumbent's primary function to assure that this machinery is installed, serviced and repaired as efficiently and thoroughly as possible. This requires a comprehensive technical knowledge of a wide variety of models, accessories, repair techniques, assembly procedures and customer applications.
The travel requirement is extensive and involves long time periods away from home including weekends and holidays. Job assignments are global and require air travel and hotel room living. The incumbent is on call at all times and is required to work long hours, unsupervised. The incumbent must be able to handle customer relations in a crisis atmosphere in a manner designed to ease tension and accomplish the work at hand.
The incumbent must also maintain a high degree of integrity in the way he handles business affairs. The incumbent is the only on-site representative of the Company and should conduct himself accordingly.
The position requires two (2) years of Mechanical collegiate schooling and/or sufficient mechanical working experience. Previous travel experience is desired.
Training program is required before the incumbent will be sent to job sites alone.
Supervisory Experience Required
Pay: Between $60,000.00 / YR and $95,000.00 / YR
Full Time - 30 hours or more per week
The travel requirement is extensive and involves long time periods away from home including weekends and holidays. Job assignments are global and require air travel and hotel room living. The incumbent is on call at all times and is required to work long hours, unsupervised.
Minimum Experience: Preference of +4 yrs but not required.