Graco Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging work environment with great potential for growth
Western Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2016
Excellent management, great direction and stable products. The company is a public established name in the construction arena. Well known by professionals in the building sector, they even have their own display stand as a permanent landmark in Home Depot.
Pros
Management, sold US made products
Cons
Sometimes their policies can be perceived to be a little draconian
Compatible work place and great people
Cashier and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 29, 2016
A normal day at work for me would be to have a positive attitude with a smile and ready to help customers and members and understand what they want. Get along with other co-workers and management.
It was a ok place to work
CNC Machinist Class B (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2016
Overall the company is an ok place to work there were some co-workers that would explain on a procedure and there were some who didn't want to help you out so there's is some areas that need improvement if the company wants to be efficiency.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Graco has a great culture and good managers. My favorite part of Graco was the Lunch and Learns where everyone gets together to eat lunch and learn about different aspects of the industry.
Productive and great co-workers
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJune 4, 2016
Co-worker were helpful and friendly. Management is pretty good, with organization. Hardest part is making sure we make our deadline.
Pros
Best Co-workers I worked with
Cons
Short breaks
Daily work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2016
Management was good. Flexible with taking time off if needed to see the doctors or just personal day off. What I've learned most is taking classes and learning more mathematics
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Company is a bit strict, but it was still ok.
Great place to work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 31, 2016
Friendly atmosphere, great people, fair assessments. Would go back anytime. Training was well done by competent trainers. Very knowledgeable in job being trained.
Good work environment, no people issues.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 19, 2016
Good work environment,nobody complaining about their jobs which was nice. Enjoyed the work I did as it was away from the noisier part of the plant. Breaks and lunches were short but paid for.
Channel Marketing Specialist
Channel Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Good company with defined goals and objectives. Great work ethic by all employees. Great detail to excellent customer service. Very industry specific terminology and operations.
Great Place to work.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
Liked everything about it except I was never given a permanent employment shot. If the circumstances were better for me long term, would definitely like to go back to work there!...
productive, fast pace, temp to start
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 26, 2015
co workers extremely nice and helpful, the supervisors and engineers for the cell are very nice and willing to help and teach you every little detail. the company wants to see the individual do well in the company.
Pros
free food, good hours, fast production line
Cons
you are a temp for 1-2 years then possible to get hired on, very difficult
Variety & Fantastic Opportunities to Grow
Manufacturing Manager Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 17, 2014
I truly enjoyed my job at Graco. I learned to be an excellent administrator for management and the executives. The hardest part of this job was also my most enjoyable part of the job and that was balancing multiple projects and meeting their deadlines efficiently. This job offered a lot of variety along with the normal daily administrative functions. I am extremely dependable and diligent with my work and believe that is why I was also given the opportunities to work as inventory controller and production planner at different times throughout my career at Graco. The work environment at Graco was pleasant and a typical day at work involved running the daily and weekly reports for manufacturing and developing a lot of presentations and charts throughout the calendar month. I was happy to take on whatever administrative duties that my position allowed me to and believe that I grew this position past the general administrative expectations. I also learned a lot of computer skills in this positions. Besides being proficient in MicroSoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word, I also was trained in Oracle, Impromptu, Mainframe, Monarch, Visio, and Calendar.
Pros
variety, opportunities to learn, great team of people
Culture changed w/ownership
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elverson, PAJuly 7, 2015
Graco was once a very local company with many long term employees who had strong ties to the community. Since management changed hands I believe that much has changed in this regard.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It was a good company to work for until they started laying people off.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 31, 2014
I learned how to help consumers and retailers that were mad and upset. The management and my co-workers were great to work with and I learned a lot from them. Every day was always different and we always learned something new. The hardest part was offering the consumer everything my Supervisor would allow and the consumer would not be satisfied.
Pros
working with my co workers and celebrating the holidays, helping consumers
Cons
heathcare and being layed off permanently
One of the best jobs ever.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elverson, PAApril 21, 2015
Love this job because I was always doing something different in the company since I was a floater. I knew how to run any line in this place. Also felt a lot off responsibility since we would built baby products. We needed to make sure it was safe for the babies. I really miss this job besides the salary was the best of all my jobs.
Assembly of various types of industrial pumps.
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2012
A typical day started out as a review of the coming workday schedule, go over the list(s) of the equipment you are required to build, gather the parts needed to build said equipment, go about building product(s).
I have learned how to be productive in a fast-paced industrial work environment, and the management was very helpful in various areas, my co-workers were very supportive, and the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the day was at the end; where you were able to look back on your day and be content on all that you have accomplished.
Pros
people, easy assembly instructions, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
none.
Employees are their most valued asset
Logistics and Reporting Analyst (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Graco fosters a positive environment. Management is friendly and concerned that employees have a rewarding experience on the job. People who work at Graco stay for many years because of its attention to employee well being.
Pros
many company-sponsored work events
Cons
no on-site food facilities
Productive and fun.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXMarch 25, 2015
Work day usually began at around 7:30 and with the company vehicle drive to the office to check folders for tickets. If there were new tickets in the folder make contact with someone to sign ticket for the company to receive payment. If there are no tickets in the folder, make drives to previous locations and catch up on any outstanding tickets there may be. Usually call upon a foreman for lunch to discuss or maintain professional relationships.

Co-workers are mostly positive and easy to work with.

The most difficult part of the job is sometimes finding locations and navigating to the location.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and loving whom I worked with.
Pros
vehicle, and phone privelages.
Cons
no set time, and constantly on call.
good company with productive
assembler and plastic molding machine operator (Former Employee) –  macedonia,ohioSeptember 27, 2012
it was good management . productive and fun on picnics organize by the company .co- workers were cooperative and helping.
Pros
healthcare, good benefits, good bonus
Training
PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING PLANNER II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 26, 2015
The company doesn't have any sort of formal training for the position that I was in. You are thrown into the job with both feet and expected to perform at the level of the most senior person in the position.
Pros
Great Benefits, nice people.
Cons
Training is lacking