Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Mental Health Tech
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
State hospital...working with a very diverse group of patients whose homeless or with mental health issues. Patients are very aggressive, and agitated on a daily basis. The units are unstafffed with less supervison to assists techs. Management shows no concerns when employees are attacked by patients and quick to terminate employees who protect themselves.
Pros
employees are great
Cons
benefits are to expensive
This is a place where everyday could be a surprise
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Being in security you deal with a lot. You see almost if not everything that comes in and out of the facility. Just like any job the stress is there. The Overall Management is very effective. The Department's Management has room for growth. Everyday is a learning experience with this employer and I try to benefit from all the information I've received thus far.
Pros
You meet a lot of different people from all walks of life, benefits and wages are decent
Cons
Can be more stressful than average at times
Very diverse place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grady County, GAApril 5, 2016
Great place to work! Management is very petty, work life balance is lacking terribly! No consideration for your life outside of work.
Pros
Meet alot of people. See all aspects of healthcare.
Cons
Management try to treat you like a child.
Overall review
Business Manager Perioperative Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GaMarch 16, 2016
Grady Health System is a great place to work learn and change peoples lives. Each day brings on a different challenge and that's what is enjoyable about working here. I have learned a tremendous amount about healthcare and what it takes to provide great patient care. My co-workers are great people who enjoy what we do and leadership continues to be supportive as healthcare and its demands continue to evolve. The hardest part of the job is the incomplete infrastructure it takes to perform at a high level. The most enjoyable part is the patient outcomes for those who needed services performed.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Compensation
Great institution to work for.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work, include answering phone calls, getting information about which analyzer has a problem. if i can resolve it, i will do so . If i cannot fix it, i will call the Beckman technical support. I run qc, specimens and analyse results before reporting.
I have learned how to trouble shoot and resolve many problems common with the Beckman laboratory analyzers. I work very well with people since i manage my co-workers too . I listen to them and take the appropriate actions.
The hardest part of my job is when a specimen cannot be located and we are unable to get results out in time due to factors beyond our control.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything is going well and results are being reported promptly and accurately .
Productive, collaborative environment.
Instructional Designer/ Analyst Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
I have learned so much during my time on the Epic team at Grady. There is a strong culture of information sharing collaborative work ethic. My colleagues are extremely knowledgeable, open, and seem to really care about one another professionally and personally. The team works hard to achieve goals and to provide superior customer service to our end users and stake holders.
When you think you just can't take anymore there is a yoga room with relaxing video footage of the Maldives, a ping pong table, and several X-box games available as stress relievers!
Pros
Team spirit / work ethic / Loft style work space
Cool place to work sometimes
Sr staff charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2015
Just a hard place to work. You will be overworked and under paid.Poor management multiple management fired and hired. Staff will come and go faster that you have ever seen.
Pros
PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH YOU LEARN TO LOVE
Cons
NO BREAKS . LOW PAY .HARD WORK . SHORT STAFF, POOR MANAGEMENT
Rising Star of Atlanta
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2016
I am ecstatic about of the changes happening here at Grady, and very grateful to be apart of the team. The hours can be long and the work tedious on occasion, but there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Opportunities to learn from other departments
Cons
Compensation could be better
Awesome workplace with thrive to improvement
Quality/ Performance Improvement Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
Great place to work, everyone respect other authority and always ready to help. Great projects with focus on improving delivery care. Great work life balance and top management support.
Pros
Appreciation for work
Cons
N/A
I enjooyed working with the compny and gaining experiences with the company for 10 years i started out has an housekeeper then transfer in security.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
I took training classes that will protect me from society dealing with different people entering the hospital for treatment, detain if thing got out of hands contacting my supervisor for assistance when needed
Challenging but rewarding
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at Grady consists of a work cue forming prior to your arrival. Most cases are complex that require a lot of critical thinking, problem solving and advocating.
Pros
Other Staff are Friendly
Cons
parking, pay
Caring, efficient, and patient focus
Clinical Instructor Med/Surg BSN Program (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2016
Grady is a unique place to work due to the focus on health care provision to the uninsured, and the less privileged population within metro Atlanta. There is good diversity at Grady, with high level of costumer service and professional ethics. I love working at Grady because patients are placed at the highest priority, and everyone works together for the best patient outcome.
Pros
Team work, and good collaboration between disciples and departments
Cons
care risk and disease exposure
Has become a great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
I have been employed at Grady for nine years now and over time it has become a great place to work. The CEO has taken the organization to tremendous heights.
Pros
respect that the CEO has for employees and patients
Cons
pay raises
Awesome Job
Lead Cardiac Echosonographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
I have worked at Grady for over four years now and I love it. The organization really care about its employees as well as the patients.
My hours are great. I work an 8 hour day and management is very understanding with the hours given. I have seen the organization advance and grow in such a short period of time. I do feel the organization may need to have management more involved in team building but they are doing a great job in thinking of ways to incorporate this as well. The hardest part of the job is at time the patient work load is large. Lastly, my most enjoyable part of the job is my ability to help others.
Pros
Helping others and great benefits
Cons
Lack of growth available, parking
This is a great place to aquire banking and customer service skills.
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day involved utilizing banking, customer service, ten-key adding and mathematical skills. I learned the importance of properly handling financial business. Management was always willing to help. My coworkers were of varying backgrounds united for the common goal of satisfying the customers and enhancing the company. The hardest part was meeting strict deadlines. The most enjoyable part was successfully accomplishing all daily goals!
Pros
One may acquire marketable skills.
Cons
Tight deadlines.
Great hospital system
Outpatient Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2016
Great people to work with, lots of opportunity, low turnover rate for employees, on boarding process and orientation well organized
Great place to work.
AR Representative/Claims Reconciler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
Grady Health System has done a complete 360 degree turn around. The CEO has forums to keep employees updated on the happenings and to listen (and act upon) our concerns. This aids in building pride in our organization and makes going to work a pleasure.
Very Diverse
Full Time, 40 Hrs/Week (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Great place to work. Great work home life balance. Great hours and opp for advancement. Ideal location and perks. Branching out is easy to do for lateral moves.
Productive, Fast Paced.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2016
Patient Care is provided in excellence.
Great leaders.
Learning experience for career advancement.
Many opportunities for growth and education.
Pros
Learning Experience, Diverse Staff
Cons
Benefits, Pay
great workplace
Sr. Epic Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2016
The people are very friendly and the management staff is second to none. Very pleased with my co-workers and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grady Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Grady Health System Reviews by Location