Grady Health System

Grady Health System Employer Reviews

Fast paced and always busy but very rewarding
intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Started the day with a shift report and assignments. Supervisor and director almost always there to give encouragement and training. Co-workers were supportive and friendly. You stay busy and feel good at the end of the shift knowing you made a difference in the department and customers of central services.
Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
It is a good place to understand and learn about public health issues. it is a teaching hospital that takes time to mentor students.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2014
I work closely with the nurses to assist in wound care, help with living activities, and taking vitals.
Productive and fun workplace
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
11 years working in a Healthcare Environment and knowledge of Medical Terminology.

80 wpm typing speed, proficient with Microsoft Works and Office.

Proficient with Epic Healthcare Software, Windows 7 & 8, XP and Vista.
Great employer for experience
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Great group of people to work with and will receive a lot of experience in the hospital setting. Grady Health System in my opinion is not as technology advanced as we should be. No career opportunities if not in the health care field.
grat learning place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 26, 2014
great place to learn new things and meet new people. would highly recommend.
Great organization to learn
Health Educator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Great company for young professionals who want to learn more about healthcare.
First job out of college
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: schedule allowed me to help with my siblings
Cons: compensation
This was the first job I obtained out of college. Great experience. I stepped outside of my comfort zone and was able to talk to complete strangers without being intimidated, I was able to move from a general customer service rep to a specialized rep who would spend the necessary time customers needed to understand their escrow accounts.
Nursing is not a fun place to work , however the enjoyment comes from satified clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: staff meeting and discount tickets on events
Cons: short breaks and high prices in cafeteria
The hardest part of the job was keeping the patients happy I had no problem with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people, as to why I went into nursing. I learned a lot working in the emergency room @ Northridge Hospital therefore that helped me in the Urgent Care clinic @ Grady
Vastly becoming an Employer of Choice
RETIREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Days are busy with calls , meeting with employees, and administrating employee benefit programs and retirement plans

I've learned to successfully adapt to multiple personalities to ensure that all employees receive excellent customer service

I have great team members who support the organizations mission
Challenging but very supportive environment
Information Systems Student Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2014
A great place to learn about healthcare information technology and work with individuals passionate about striving for high quality healthcare.
Help to change project on the system according to the department policies and procedures
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), atlanta gaMay 12, 2014
Pros:  outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with superior accuracy
Cons: not enough money
Performed specialized technical patient care, provided patient care assistance, monitored and operated patient care equipment
Assisted in the utilization of bag-valve mask devices, antiembolism stockings, pneumatic compression stockings, oxygen, suction equipment, incentive spirometers, and bedside glucose monitoring machines
Preformed additional duties – more... as assigned, wound dressing care – less
clinic assistant
clinic assistance (Former Employee), emergency roomApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: need to care about the patients well being
Grady used to be a great place to work. Was employed there for years. The moral now has gone down. An yes they need to remodel. Cause peidmont hospital, Northside hospital an , Atlanta medical have stepped up. An those are the place if I would go for help.
Fast paced and demanding environment.
HRIS Business Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Not for profit metropolitan teaching and "safety-net" health care facility with a level one trauma center.
typical public hospital
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), atlantaApril 11, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: negative unprofessional staff
Good place for new nurses to gain a life time experience. I learn alot there.
Grady Health System is a great place to work.
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Grady Health system is a great place to work. It's always a pleasure to help people.
High paced facility
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2014
I learned to work in a high paced, high stress level emergency department, which also taught me to think on my feet.
Unable to balance!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: bragging rights, experience
Cons: run out of supplies from time to time. understaffed
A typical day at Grady is anything but typical. You never know what you are going to walk in to. It is either a "love" or "hate" relationship. I love working at Grady. The patients rarely rattle me out of my frame. It is your co-workers and management you have to worry about. The co-workers will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus any chance – more... they get. It is like they feel they have to down someone to keep themselves elevated. Almost as if you are competing for a position, but wait... "you have one already, so why are you trying to make me loose mine?" kind of scenario. It is so rewarding when you are able to connect with someone and truly make their experience the best it possibly can be and give them comfort. – less
Atlanta can't live without Grady, with that said, if I'm in a car accident take me to Grady, number one Trauma Center in the state.
Template Supervisor, Outpatient Scheduling Centers (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not always enough staff
I worked for Grady Health System for many years, were they all good years? No, do I regret working for Grady never, Grady help me to be the wonderful person I am today. Love Grady Health System an awesome place to work.

Retiree 24 years of service.
great place to work
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoyed working for the hospital were there people in all walks of life, it really taught me a life lesson learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About Grady Health System

Grady Health System is one of the largest public health systems in the United States. The specialty services we offer attract – Read more

Grady Health System Photos