Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Grady sucks
AEMT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
The managers here do not care about you, you'd think when you've been with a company over 5 years that you would be able to have a seniority over what shift you want but you don't even when they tell you that you do. They never give awards or say thank you for hard work and dedication it's just the stupidest job ever! Plus you have to put up with the nastiest people on earth. Everybody here is always looking for a way out of this place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisors
Average experience
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2017
Average experience overall. Pay is good. Plenty of opportunities for overtime. Good place to gain experience, especially with trauma and managing patients for extended periods of time.
Pros
Pay, benefits, overtime
Cons
Call volume pretty high
very productive
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
It was a good day How to file patients chart management was good Workplace culture I was good on what I did Noting hard about the job like doing clerical work,Scan patients charts in computer,was productive on the job.
Pros
Discounts on food and Tickets.
Cons
45 minutes Lunch 15 minutes Breaks
A Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Grady is a great place to work. The employees and physicians really strive to provide exceptional care to the patients and the important role that the hospital plays in the Atlanta community!
Review
Level III RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Grady is an Awesome place to work, few things that needs to be corrected such as management and providing appropriate supplies and work./life balance. A typical day may consist of 4-5 patients but working staff can be challenging because of people that are their for other reasons.
Pros
Ability to learn and advance knowledge base
Cons
Management believes in preventing advancement
fast paced environment
case manager telemetry, neuro & oncology units (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303July 7, 2017
varied and different with ongoing community outreach. up to date employee recognition; parking and gym with latest exercise equipment. employee recognition from immediate supervisor; team work encouraged/ a must.
Pros
listens to employees via employee engagement
Cons
short breaks; dependent on workload
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2017
The process was quick and easy. I had a wonderful lady who got me started and gave me the option to work in whatever department of my choosing. I worked in the HR department it was intimaiting knowing these were the very people who could hire and fire you, but the atmosphere was very laid back.
Grady is an organization that challenges you to be excellent
HR ANALYST / RETIREMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2017
Grady's organizational culture is one of many aspects. There's never a dull moment and the employees must be at their best at all times. It's a learning environment that brings about growth in yourself and development of your character. It's often phrased at Grady that "it takes a special person to work at Grady". And yes it's a special place to work and I absolutely love it.
Great work place
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303June 28, 2017
Grady Health System is an outstanding place to work. Although, it has its pros and cons I would recommend this workplace to anybody that's interested in the healthcare field. Grady Health System is a great learning experience.
Stressful
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2017
Very stressful and unorganized also a lot favoritism someone was suspended and ended up at the top of the list as a top employee they let new hires come in without proper trainin and gives them better opportunity than senior reps
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Work overload that goes unnoticed
Reliable worker
Breast Ultrasound/ Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
I am a hard worker .I believe in the system .I am here for the patients I take care of. Any employee will view me as an access to the company.One of me biggest access is I have the ability to deal with any situation I am confronted with.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no overtime
good job
Behavioral Health Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
Good Job but you can get burnt out easily from the work overload. Upper management needs to be improved. Grady has a lot of more work to do. Good experience
Diabetes research team
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
I had the opportunity to work on a few diabetes management/diagnosis projects. The PIs were great and were happy to give me more responsibility as time went on.
Dedicated to serving underprivileged community
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Working at Grady is fulfilling and rewarding experience. Providing excellent service to the most underserved community makes work meaningful. Lack of resources and sufficient funding is the largest challenge.
Grady
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Grady was a great place to work. All of my co-workers were extremely nice and helpful. The management is excellent. We would have group potluck lunches monthly.
Poor Management style, work culture, outdated infrastructure
Data Analyst/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
I definitely won't recommend this place to anyone looking to build their career. Poor management systems, poor work culture, low employee morale, poor information systems ... etc
Pros
It's a hospital and a lot of good people come here genuinely wanting to help the community
Cons
Too many to list
Great learning experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2017
Very interesting place to work. I saw things there that I will never see anywhere else. Also, it's a great place to learn and as a new nurse it was a great place to get my feet wet.
Social barriers
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Grady is a public hospital that helps everyone with not only medical, physical but with their social barriers. If you can't fix their social barriers, you will not be able to help them with their medical issues
Pros
helping the public with medical physical and social issues
Learning environment with employee focus
Patient Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
Workplace culture was employee focused. Caring to employees. Very nursing focused. Learning environment. Great benefits. Wonderful people work at this organization and want to do a good job.
Team player
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
The job is very challenging and changes every day. It allows for growth and advancement in the company by moving to different departments in the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grady Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Grady Health System Reviews by Location