Grady Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

lots of people
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
my job were to file and keep up with patients medical charts which was very interesting. my job was to file charts and pull charts for the doctors.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
not enough pay
Great support from co-workers, great experience and amazing learning opportunity for new graduates an
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
A great place to care for the Atlanta community. Great co-workers with a great support system. Supportive management and CEO. Good benefits, compensation is what is expected of entry level positions.
Best Place I Ever Worked!
Office Manager / Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 15, 2015
Grady Memorial Hospital is without a doubt the best place I ever worked. There is a family atmosphere while working at Grady. Management is great from supervisors to the CEO. The hardest part of the job was the stressful nature of healthcare. I truly enjoyed working with the patients and their families.
Pros
Benefits, Employee incentives, free parking, on-site cafeteria & coffee shop
Cons
Breaks are limited, overtime is the norm
Great learning environment with friendly staff.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2016
The company has a great Nurse Extern program. As a Nurse Extern, I was able to gain skill-based experiences, such as IV insertion and therapy, medication administration, and wound care under the guidance and supervision of a RN. I was also able to gain a better understanding of the many roles that a nurse fills. Upon being hired as an new graduate RN at Grady, I was placed in a residency program which provided me with the knowledge and support that is greatly needed as a new nurse. Overall, Grady Memorial Hospital is a great place for a graduate nurse to increase competency and grow professionally.
I retired January 2010. A new CEO came after I retired, there fore I have no comments.
Area Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting staff,visitors, and patients. Transcribing orders, answer call lights, file, order various exams per physician and nurse. Stuff charts, transcribe vital signs to graphic sheet, scheduling patients to be transported to different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that everything was complete.
Pros
Free lunches during the holidays when I was an employee at Grady Health System.
Cons
I would take short breaks if I knew several admissions were expected.
Overall good place to work and advance
GRADY PRN POOL, I.V. TEAM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2015
I started off working at Grady, after I branched out, I could work anywhere and do almost anything. I was cross trained in several areas including L&D, PACU, PEDS, OB/ICU, I.V. TEAM, MED/SURG, POST PARTUM, ANTEPARTEM, CLINICS. I became an I.V. expert there.
Pros
High Risk, Level 3 Hospital, Advancement & Growth
Cons
Very ghetto at times, beaurocracy and politics.
Family-like culture.
Staff Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2016
I really enjoyed working within the Grady health system. It was my first real experience working within a public hospital in a large city such as Atlanta, GA. The patient population we care for is one that requires so much more than great healthcare. For these reasons, Grady has allowed me to blossom into the well-rounded nurse that I am today. I take care of the most vulnerable patients working in the NICU and cherish every minute of every work day.
Video Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2016
Good place to work however there is little to no advancement as a video monitor technician. One great thing is you're allowed to make your own schedule
Ability to work with wide-array of mental illness
CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK INTERN - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
Every shift is busy at Grady Mental Health. The patients are typically extremely mentally ill, and you see nearly every mental illness depicted in the DSM.

It is not for the faint of heart. Some patients are aggressive/violent.

There are some truly great individuals that work at Grady. Nearly all of the mental health clinicians are extremely knowledgeable and those on the crisis intervention side have been practicing for several years and are therefore a wealth of knowledge. Likewise, the substance abuse counselor on CIS is extremely knowledgeable and very skilled. At the same time, the majority of MHTs are very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, some of the employees are apparently burned out and/or suffer from their own mental health problems. As far as management, the directors are very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience. In my opinion, one is much more approachable and easier to talk/work with.

The hardest part of the job: Not always having a working computer/place to work, disorganization/confusion, danger associated with patient population, a few "bad apples" in the employee pool

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the most vulnerable/ill patients in Georgia. Ability to have a broad range of experiences, the majority of staff
Pros
4 day work week, knowledgeable clinicians
Cons
parking, some of the staff are difficult to work with
Grady Hospital
Assistant Compensation Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaJanuary 8, 2015
My internship with Grady in the Compensation Department was career enhancing and rewarding personally. I was able to contribute to several projects inclusive of analyzing performance reviews for process improvement, observing and assisting with new hire benefits orientation. I was also given the opportunity to participate on a task force to improve interdepartmental communication. The overall experience with Grady was very beneficial.
Pros
employees
Cons
length of internship
Fun
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 5, 2015
Working at Grady Memorial Hospital, you can really expect to get a very warming and social work life experience. There are simply amazing benefits and the pay is average.
Productive and Interesting
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2015
My position at Grady Memorial Hospital was a Laboratory Assistant. I Assist Medical Technologist with analyzing specimens for results. Everyday at Grady was interesting. My goal as well as everyone else on the team was to save lives in a fast pace environment. I interacted with the my co-workers very well. I lead by example in many cases. Time management at Grady was always something that was emphasize and actually learned how to me punctual working in this type of environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with downtime of the electronic the system. Although it was a challenge we often made it through with team work and communication.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our reports at the end of the day. My personal goal was to scan 1500 specimens a day whenever I would work in the Chemistry lab. When I would work in the microbiology lab my main goal was to set up body fluid slides in a timely manner for the Med. Techs to result for doctors. I was always excited about seeing how many specimens I received and how many calls I completed in an appropriate time.
great place, great people
CPT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
busy ambient
work under extreme stress
cpr patients
very ill patients
interact with diferent cultures
active member of a team
Pros
great place, great people
Cons
parking issues
Wasn't a good place.
Patient Safety Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2015
Management was horrible and very rude. they treated us like slaves instead of people. I would never go back. I would customer was mean the supervisor was mean.
Very productive
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoy working with my coworkers. A very busy place, great experience. Fun place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Excellent teaching facility with some of the best doctors and healthcare professionals in the business.
Emergency Medical Technician / Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2012
Being the busiest EMS service in the southeast, each crew had ten minutes to load their ambulance and go in service. Ten- and 13-hour shifts typically ran nonstop with both emergent and non-emergent calls. Skills learned in school were perfected and many new skills were added. Continuing education and training were integral to maintaining employment. Management ran a tight ship, and each employee knew what was expected of him or her.

Many times shifts were so busy we had no meal break. Also it was rare to end a shift on time. Although it was a demanding job, it is an experience I would never trade.
Pros
top pay and benefits, regular skills training and certifications
Cons
long shifts, very busy, no meal breaks
Compassionate work place with diverse patient population
WORK EXPERIENCES (Volunteer and Student) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2015
Grady Memorial Hospital allows for an autonomous and hands-on work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing quality care to patients and their families who truly needed and appreciated the staff and students. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from H&P's and minor procedures to lending a shoulder to cry on. The patients and their family dynamics were often both challenging and exciting.
Pros
Diverse patient population
Nursery
Newborn Nursery Nurse/PRN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day was admitting newborns, giving baths, administering medications as needed and doing assessments. There were nothing hard about my job, it was a very happy environment
Exciting
Grady Memorial Hospital Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GADecember 2, 2015
Being in a hospital environment was the best decision I have ever made in regards to wanting to get experience. The rush and the thrill of having unexpected things happen and being able to rectify them in a timely manner to help someone is something that I was always fascinated by.
Productive and Well Rounded Experience
Full-Time Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day for me is facilitated with a staff instrumental in helping me to learn all aspects of in patient pharmacy. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.