Grady Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

A typical work day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 25, 2015
Pros: healthy food in the cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
I like working as a certified nurse assistant. it's can be stressful sometimes but the most important thing it's to remind yourself how it's good to help others, bring a positive impact in their life. A typical at work will: Clock in first, get a report from the CNA's in the previous shift, check on my assignment then the patients, get instructions from the nurse supervisor then i start with the job. Help the Patients with activities of daily living, obtaining vital signs, pass the trays for each meal, do the smart chart to document all my task for the day with every patient. then at the the end of the shift give report to the CNA's from the next shift. clock out
very cool place to work
Epic Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: reinbursements
I provided elbow support during go-live projects,assisted in using the chart review tool to review previous visit,i also enjoyed implementing ambulatory module in walk-in clinic.
Excellent benefits
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 22, 2015
The patients make the job very rewarding. Knowing that I am able to help someone is very fulfilling. I have learned to have a lot of patients and to always exceed what is expected of me.
ok place to work
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2015
its cool place to work. but you have to be able to multi task and willing to see anything because anything is liable to happen so you also have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. A job that requires full attention because it gets over whelming.
fun place
Nurse Extern (Current Employee), atlanta gaJune 27, 2015
great place to work...ECC is by far the best place to learn and apply nursing skills if you are fresh out of school GREAT PLACE to have a career in nursing
A typical day at work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2015
Managers were always around. I actually had fun filing subpoenas and medical documents. It would be a great experience for someone in the legal arena
Health field
Volunteer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 18, 2015
I met a lot of fun nursing and doctors who showed me how to love what you do. Volunteering at Grady Memorial for 2 years was delighting. I learn to put love in Everything I put my energy into.
Best Place I Ever Worked!
Office Manager / Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Delaware, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Employee incentives, free parking, on-site cafeteria & coffee shop
Cons: Breaks are limited, overtime is the norm
Grady Memorial Hospital is without a doubt the best place I ever worked. There is a family atmosphere while working at Grady. Management is great from supervisors to the CEO. The hardest part of the job was the stressful nature of healthcare. I truly enjoyed working with the patients and their families.
The best job a high school student could have
Admissions Office Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2015
My senior year in high school I spent a majority of my time working in a clinic at Grady Memorial Hospitial. This being my first job I was taught about managing my money wisely, being prompt and on time to work and a postive attitude at all times at work. I enjoyed my time spent here.
OK PLACE TO WORK
Patient Care Technician Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Typical day was busy, Managenment was always turning over, Co workers were friendly, Learned a lot working in the ER. Hardest part of the job was having to walk to one side of the hospital daily 3-5 times a day/night.
IT IS TOUGH!
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2015
Excellent place for learning. Flexible. Teaches you to think out of the box. You deal with a lot of different people which teaches you to be less judgmental and more caring.
Assisting living
Patient Sitter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
Assisted patients with Activities of Daily living
Assist patients with ambulation
Keeping the patients safe
Communicated and provided emotional support to patients
Reported abnormalities to RNs or LPNs
Surgical Support Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
I moved patients from their room to surgery and then to Pacu. I took care of needs that did not require of a nurse or a cna and stocked the machaines with supplies and also carts. I cleaned the OR's and made sure we were clean at all levels of code.
Fun
Guest Services (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 5, 2015
Working at Grady Memorial Hospital, you can really expect to get a very warming and social work life experience. There are simply amazing benefits and the pay is average.
Great environment to work in
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2015
Patient to nurse interaction, Physical assessment, performing basic nursing skills (tracheostomy care etc), medication administration, patient education.
Co-workers are mostly pleasant and willing to teach novice nurses.
The hardest part of the clinical experience was physical assessment, but this gets better with practice. Working with mothers/babies is the most enjoyable part of the job.
A great place to work and you will learn a lot.
Critical Care Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Grady Memorial Hospital. My co-workers were friendly and helpful, we worked as a team and the work was rewarding in that it was a joy to be of service to others. In my opinion the hardest part of the job was not having enough time in the day/shift to be of service to everyone.
A learning environment
Medical Social Worker,LCSW (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2015
I typically handle a caseload of about 15 clients per day. My duties include personal care home placement, nursing home, hospice, dialysis, drug rehab etc placement. I have learned that you meet individuals where they are and self determination is very important. My direct supervisor is very flexible and supports self autonomy. The hardest part of my job is respecting a client's right to make choices even though those choices are self destructive. The most enjoyable part of my job is when clients come back to visit and have made a breath through.
Poor work
Central Processing II/ Interim Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
One of the main things I did not like about the time that I worked at this job is they only had two tech if you were not on call then you were the late person I never got to be home a normal night after work there was not such thing some days we started at 6 am and did not get off until 4 am the next morning.
It was a good environment to work in.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: nothing free but uniforms
Cons: breaks were average, plenty ot at times
Every day was different in its own way,sometime upbeat and sometimes slow.Management was fair and stood firm.My co-workers worked in unity.The hardest part of the job was restraining combative patients,and the most enjoyable part of the job was working the parking decks.People experience is one thing i learned and being observance of my surroundings.
Diverse pt population
Senior Practicum (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Staff is helpful to students

manager is friendly and accommodating

Students do not have full access to EPIC charting systems