Graebel Van Lines Employee Reviews

owner
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2016
Relocate shippers in northern cal, Intra.Pack &load hug. inventory,pad load.shipper buys lunch most of the time.I have personal labor that i have lined up a head of time.With out good labro the job can not be done stress free.
wausau office is a sinking ship
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 14, 2016
There have been so many jobs cut since the new owners took over- nobody feels safe. It doesn't matter if you have been there 20 years-were a director or a manager- they will terminate. There havent given pay increases for years, they cut 401k matching and eliminated service years awards. Management does not have your back and there is no HR to go to.
Pros
free cake
Cons
overworked and underpaid
Nationwide household goods carrier
Central Dispatch Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2016
Graebel Van lines is a nationwide household goods carrier and while I was employed I dispatched the upper Midwest pickups and deliveries.
Productive, safe and fun workplace
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 8, 2016
Graebel is a great company to work for. Family oriented environment. Management is very professional and respectful. Helping customers with moving equipment and other items is the best part due to the recognition.
Pros
Meet new people, Learn about various equipment and procedures
Not a great company
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJApril 12, 2016
Not a great company to work for unfortunately. New management has made it impossible to get anything done. My coworkers were great to work with and the movers were A+.
Wishy Washy Workplace
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMarch 16, 2016
I used to love coming to work everyday but now with new management and a merger it has slowly became more of a military camp. They have lost several people due to the way things are ran now.
I am not sure if these jobs will be in my city in a couple of years.
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 14, 2016
I am grateful that Graebel has given the opportunity to work here, and that I have the experience in a professional environment. I enjoy the people, and the work at times. I have great relationships with all of the supervisors. They seem to actually care about their employees. However, since LLC has become its own independent company away from Graebel Companies, the new management and the workplace has not been so great. There has been a sizeable layoff, benefits have been cut and good employees are leaving. the increased workloads, decreased benefits and the possibility to out jobs moving out of state or even out of country have many people on edge. It is not a very enjoyable place to be anymore.
Pros
Vacation time adds up quickly
Cons
low pay, high workload, fear of your job leaving
Friendly Work Environment
Production Labor / Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Familiar with Graebel Van Lines high standards, and have worked closely with Customer Service Coordinators, Sales Associates, Dispatch, Production and Warehouse Labor Crews, Account Administration, and programs like Household Good (HHG), etc.
Good
Mover/Loader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at the job would include setting up for events or moving homes. Learned how to use different equipment in order complete high performance task. The Company is a very organized organization. Great Benefits including prevailing wages, overtime, health and dental. The most enjoyable part about the job is that you get to travel to different places and meet different people.
Pros
Prevailing Wages, over the road pay
Cons
Inconstant Schedule
Ever changing, need to be flexible, be prepared to change plans.
Warehouse Commercial Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Usually, there are many things going on at once during the day. What will happen is we prepare for what is going on the day before. When things don't go according to plan, we have to think of solutions right away. For example, if the truck or trailer that is to be loaded breaks down or has safety issues, we as a team have to make decisions to make alternatives work. Fortunately, there is a team in place that makes these things happen. Management is very responsive to the needs as they arise. As long as everyone communicates, the problems generally get solved. If not, they problem is identified to the customer. Even though customers may be upset, they are appraised of the problem and the solutions we are working on. There are many things coming and going in the warehouse. Probably, the hardest part of the job is keeping track of all the items. Making sure items between customers don't get mixed up. I think what I like most is being able to work together to get problems solved. I never felt I was alone and could not seek help. Overall it is a tough work environment. Planning is important, but be prepared for problems that could arise.
Pros
Good team in place, Co-workers work together to solve problems.
Cons
May have to work late/weekends.
Good place to work when i first relocated to Las Vegas.
General Manager / Partnership (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2015
I was hired by this company to be the General Manager of a branch exceeding $20Mill a year in revenue. When i began my new job i waled into a bees nest as many employees had recently quit and i needed to hire and train people in operations, sales, drivers, loaders, warehouse people and office staff. I was working approximately 16 hour days 7 days a week until i got everything into place bringing on great talent....After a period of time i was asked by many accounts why i wasnt in business for myself and when i relocated to Las Vegas one of the things in my bucket list was to open my own company. It was a perfect storm and the timing was great as when i left Graebel and opened my own company I booked the largest account project of my life. I personally booked and performed a $7.5 million dollar installation for The Paris Hotel and Casino..
Work varies from day to day.
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 2, 2015
It is a good job if you like manual labor and hours that vary from day to day. It's not necessarily a job that you will want for a long time but it is a good job for people who need work especially during the summer.
Overworking and Unprofessional
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Township of Randolph, NJOctober 19, 2015
My coworkers are hard working and very intent. we get the job done and do it with ease. the gun slows us down from picking because it takes about 5 minutes to pick from a location
Pros
long lunches. good pay.
Cons
health insurance.
typical moving and storage company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 11, 2015
operates as a satellite office which creates a freedom to get the job done. Management is slow to catch the impending demands of today
Pros
stable organization, consistent work, job duties vary from day to day
Cons
left to individual interpuretation, runs a very slim management staff
Love the people but advancment is hard
Claims Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work but making more money and adcancing with in the company is very difficult. The upside is that work fills your day and the people that work here are wonderful.
great productive environment
unloader-mover-warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Downtown New Orleans, Kenner LouisianaMay 13, 2015
United Armstrong Relocation formerly Graebel Van lines is the type of employer that gives employees the chance to see the merit of hard work. Every satisfied customer would make it known to all staff involved and the company made it their personal obligation to support its hard working staff.
Pros
advantageous work
Cons
consistency of work
Work
Commercial Movers (Former Employee) –  North HavenMay 7, 2015
Very organized and employee oriented. Working as a Team on a daily basis is a very important thing to me because our communication skills enhance
It was an easy and hard job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 5, 2015
At Graebel Van Lines it was hard and easy at times, we stayed busy. We had so many pushy customers and they had to have things certain ways. I love to take inventory but I did not like to move heavy furniture. I learned a lot from this job.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Relocation Coordinator
Senior Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GA.May 4, 2015
Graebel Shared Services is a High Volume Work Environment where there is little room error. Consistently have make an impact and manage client relationships. The hardest part of the job is to analyze the customer's needs and requests in short periods of time. Also, maintaining personal error and omissions as low as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job are the department supervisors and the relaxed yet high strung office environment.
Pros
Bonuses based on personal performance perception from the customer
Cons
Limited growth opportunity
productive work place.
WAREHOUSE - ORDER PULLER (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 30, 2015
Graebel is a great place to work each day you are learning something different and the company is growing management is great.

2.8