Graebel Van Lines Employee Reviews

Summer Internship
Dispatch Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
Had lots of fun with this full time summer job. Gave me good experience for office jobs. Able to wear casual clothing in the office. Seems like a solid company.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Lots of workers seemed stressed.
Out of Business
Shipping And Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 14, 2017
Graebel was alright work wise but horrible in other ways. Always had to fight extremely hard for raises that were more than deserved and promised. There was always drama, and I worked with a bunch shady people. I enjoyed the forklift work, and how fast paced it could get. But Graebel got bought out and the new owners stopped paying our contractors and they all left. Everything started going downhill and everyone started leaving. The new owners crashed a 70 year old company in a year and a half.
Pros
Fast paced work
Cons
shady people and inner workings of the company
Excellent place to work.
Operations & Installations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 29, 2017
Working at Graebel was an awesome experience. The management was great and easy to work with, and everyday was a new learning opportunity. There were days where the workload was heavy but i always had great people to help me get the job done.
Pros
Good management
Cons
overworking
Productive, Team-oriented work place
Warehouse Associate, Mover (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 19, 2017
They would look to work their employees wherever they could. If there wasn't a move to go to, they'd give me work work experience in the warehouse palletizing and loading trucks.
I learned to work within a warehouse environment, what is required and the speed it goes by
Management did their best but were forced to downsize eventually
the culture was teamwork, everyone works together so no one does majority of the work alone.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the inconsistent work schedule
Most enjoyable was working with the employees.
Pros
Light workload, gaining warehouse experience with a reputatable company
Cons
Being Downsized, Inconsistent hours
New owners destroyed company
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 18, 2017
Graebel Van Lines was run into the ground by new ownership and senior management. Vendors and Contractors have not been paid in over 6 months, company was lost to the bank and all assets are being liquidated. All of us are out of jobs after years of service. Very disgusting.
Pros
None after 1/1/2015 when new ownership took over
Cons
No longer open
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Stelring VAApril 17, 2017
Great place to work with fun people and a fast paced environment. Large company which allowed room for growth and pay increase. Never a dull moment working.
fun work place
Commercial Moving Expert (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2017
very good place to work if you can put up with hard work and a very and long days and night. pay is good lots of over time if you want it in some fun road trips
Pros
good people
Ambiente con café gratis
Moving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Si es bueno esa empresa pero no pagan al día en los salarios
Pros
Nada
Cons
No hay descansos
Fun Workplace with zero communication
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 6, 2017
My first day working there we left Wilsonville Or, at 6:30 AM and drove to the Dalles where 3 other guys and myself moved an entire elementary school in 104 degree weather. The school itself had no AC which made working conditions quite unbearable. With that being said the comradery with coworkers made the day go by faster.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No communication
very family oriented
Int'l Relocation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Alot of dishonestly in the upper management but my immediate coworkers were like family. plenty flexibility.Company shut down without notice. there was plenty independence as well
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unexpected layoff
Relocation Coordinator
Relocation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Recieve a new move , contact the custome and recieved infromatioin on their move to know what will be needed for the move such as maybe 3 rd party.
Once call has been done , order a survey on the home once survey is recieved contact cusotmer and go over the survey to make sure we have all that will be needed on their move.
Now that I have the suvey I will create the esitmate to send to the comnany. If I am need to order3rd party this is order and sometimes a shuttle is needed.
I learned this side of the Relocation moving.
Nothing was hard on this job , once you learn the company's system.
Most enjoyable was talking to the clinic or customers.
Pros
Pizza for lunch
Cons
Health care
First Job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy loading trucks with furniture, and like traveling around the states in an 18-wheeler. Enjoyed working here whenever I could, and the money was also pretty nice too.
Bad Business
Driver / Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  LaVergne, TNMarch 18, 2017
Company was sold in 2014 to new owner and what was once a great company went down hill from there leaving many in the dark about many things and many people without jobs with no notice and all drivers without being paid for 6 months or more. Guess we will never see or know what what owed to us.
Its okay place to be if you already know how to move people and pack
Mover/Packer (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 16, 2017
This job requires alot of heavy lifting and good team work and patients with the customers. I learn something everyday whether its good or bad its a learning experience. Management isn't always on their stuff so its good to know what is going on so you can fix the problem if need be. Hardest part of the job is when people get tired and start to drag which means if the boss won't get them to move i have to motivate them. Good part of the job is that i'm learning how to do something that i haven't done and making the customer happy.
Great learning skills
PBX/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 9, 2017
This was my first job that required PBX skills for several lines. I learned multi-tasking, speed and accuracy. I loved greeting people as they came into the office.
Pros
training
Nice company
Moving Laborer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
Typical day is fairly stressless. Manual labor. Greatest challenge is customer changing desires/priorities on the fly. However, Graebel is flexible and the leadership is very knowledgeable and capable.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Great company loved working there very well managed
I moved on to much easier work. The job was one of my best I ever had. I miss it sometimes wish I was able you do it still
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Great people that were committed to helping our clients and each other to make everyone's move successful.
Residential Sales (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Worked with some great people. Graebel was committed to making everyone's move a successful one. They were always trying to improve everyone's quality of life. I enjoyed being the initial contact for Graebel. I was able to use all of my skills to help everyone have a successful move. Everyone worked together to make every move a successful one..
Pros
Going out to meet our clients in their homes.
Cons
Pay scale.
Dead end place to work
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 18, 2017
Graebel is going nowhere but out the door. The new owners have help to sink it but I put the same amount of blame, on the old regime.
The previous dispatchers and managers were disrespectful and condenscending. Graebel had too much overhead, too much nepotism, and the good ole boys. If you had blond hair and from Wisconsin, you were in like Flyn.
Too many friends of friends got jobs there, not qualified for the work but promoted to high positions. Some of the managers and dispatchers took money from drivers to give them the better jobs.
This company has been on a downward spiral for years.
The new owners have been circling the company like vulchers , waiting for it to die. This gave the new owners to take over for a small amount and purchase Graebel cheaply.
Graebel has become a cheap and incompetent company. The new owners seems to be intentionally bankrupting it. The new owners have no idea how to run a Van Lines. The banks had Graebel on a leash, allocating only minimal amounts of money to operate with.
Drivers are leaving every day, managers have no credibility or power to do anything. Managers are now a waste of time and unnecessary.
" Graebel Van Lines
R.I.P
Pros
Cons
Dead end street.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 18, 2017
It was a very productive company. They made sure to explain how things needed to be done but didn't always give examples. They want to keep on top of things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graebel Van Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8