Graebel Van Lines

Graebel Van Lines Employer Reviews

Job security low, poor pay.
Driver and management (Former Employee), DenverFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: neat logo and slick advertising
Cons: long hours.low pay and zero job security
Graebel used to be a great company however they have seriously declined in the last 5 years. Drivers do not do well financially except for a chosen few. Line hauls low,shipment size small. Under new ownership top management is not from industry but instead friends of other top management. Tenure, hardwork or accomplishments will not secure your job at Graebel if a friend or relative of top management wants it. Drivers and middle managers beware!
over all they just steal people money
Truck driver (Current Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: good way to learn the game
Working for this company is like getting robbed everyday. They can care less if they pay you or not and takes over a week to get paid then your not fully paid and another 2 weeks passes and more jobs are done that you haven't gotten paid right on or even gotten paid and all.. the moral to this company is they want you to forget about what they owe you and keep working. With all the dumb drivers and workers they have this is why they get and way with it. But if you like not getting paid GRAEBEL is your company
Excellent place to work
Sales Supervisor and Project Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: customer interaction, i was managing the job at hand and a feeling of accomploshment.
Cons: lazy and insolent sub-contractors who felt i was'nt thier boss
Managing corporate accounts .

What I learned was 400 series .

Management was fair.

Some of my co-workers were above average
The hardest part of my job was to keep workers motivate during long and hectic hours.

The most satisfying aspect of my job was the feedback from the customer that I had done a nice job; and that they would recommend me to another affiliate.
fun place
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good people in to work with,management system is excellent,alot of overtime
Productive fun place to work!
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 28, 2014
My work day was unpredictable from beginning to the end of the day. I learned a lot in my 2 and a half years there, as the company was always introducing a new concept or approach to everyday task. My direct supervisor was excellent and knew all the ins and outs of making sure I / The Team had a productive day. The person over her was new to the industry, still learning and caused what I believe to be unnecessary issues on a regular basis. My co-workers were like an extended family and we loved one another as well as had days where we just wanted to be left alone, as family sometimes does. I would say that the hardest part of my job was having someone put EVERYTHING under a microscope (which was something that she did not even know how to do herself and had no interest of EVER learning how to). She did not like me for unknown reasons to me, not for the work that I provided which was above and beyond what my position required. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to my customers making sure everything was great or turning a bad experience completely around to where they would consider us the next time that they had relocation needs. Other than the issue I had with the 1 member of management, I really love the company and would consider them in the future if the opportunity presented itself. The VP of Shared Service is AWESOME and hearing positive words of encouragement from her was always nice and appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
Great place to make money
driver/ contractor (Former Employee), Corona, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: not much time with kids
Being a mover isn't for everyone nor is being an over the road driver. Both those career paths take a certain type of person to be successful at it. Being in the industry for a very long time personally I found its difficult to find a company who appreciates you and pays you what your worth. I am still trying to find that, no just kidding. Graebel Van Lines has been the closest I could find thus far. Their system is streamlined and usually runs smooth. And drivers usually find they are paid within a 48 hour window once accounting receives paperwork. All in all I have had a good experience with Graebel.
Pros and Cons
Director, Residential Services & Sales (Current Employee), Earth City, MODecember 18, 2014
Pros: lasting relationships
Cons: driving
The most enjoyable part of the job is making new connections and creating lasting relationships with new customers. The hardest part of the job is how much drive time it takes from customer to customer. I typically drive 2000-4500 miles per month just for work.
Average environment
Commercial Billing Auditor (Current Employee), Norcross, GADecember 15, 2014
The job has flexibility, but also has dead weight. Those who can work hard. Those who can't are allowed to work minimally. This is not conducive to cohesion.
Good starting point
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee), Wausau, WIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fairly relaxed work environment
Cons: not very much room for advancement
I have worked here for almost 2 years and have enjoyed it for the most part. Only complaint I would have is that the environment is very high school like and "cliquey". Advancement is slightly difficult because most employees have been there for several years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. My day to day work attitude was positive and most people are pleasant to work with. I enjoyed being fairly independent with my work but still having some support if needed.
Productive work place
Payroll/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2014
Slow paced Work place lots of filing & organizing. Very quiet place But its a very Catty place for women.
it was a good place
Supervisor I (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHOctober 7, 2014
if you like the moving busnisess then these is the place to be you will learn some things that you did not know
great work environment
customer service hot line (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: support from dispatch staff
Cons: can't think of any cons
really enjoyed working at Graebel as the dispatch staff was very supportive.
Productive place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2014
I learned a lot about warehouse package. My co workers were very cool people and enjoyable to work with. the hardest part of working there was learning to shrink wrap products .
It was smooth and fun on most days
Mover (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 10, 2014
Cons: drive to every site, only paid in cash, and more risk to get parking tickets
I learned how to shrink down furniture, specially pad fragile pieces for a successful move.
Waste of time
Alternative Transportation Operations Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 14, 2014
Complete waste of time to show up to work. No accountability anywhere throughout the company. Sr Leadership frequently shifted to different positions to keep old/not profitable guard intact.
No room for advancement
Warehouse (Former Employee), NJApril 3, 2014
Long work days. Low compensation. No recognition. No room for advancement.
Fun place with good people.
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MONovember 18, 2013
Pros: pay everyday
Cons: no advancement.
A day at work is packing, loading, or unloading a tracktor trailor. I learned how to stay in shape. My coworkers were great. Some of the best people I've ever met were movers. The job wasn't hard at all. It was a great job for me being so young without responsibilities..
Boring, but nice place to work at
Accounts Receivable Processor (Former Employee), Wausau, WINovember 12, 2013
Process accounts receivable for moving orders from customers from around the country
Great place to work but little to no advancement.
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2013
I enjoyed working here it was just not enough hours or money that led me to resign.
NA
Certified Relocation Consultant (Former Employee), Slidell, LASeptember 25, 2013
Not a bad company. Unlike other relocation companies, they were corporate driven,

1 2 3