Grafton City Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Gch
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVJuly 19, 2017
Line Management is great. CEO is basically a snake. Talks integrity, but has none. Wiorkplace culture is afraid to speak up. Last CEO was better. Not this one
Pros
Pto
Cons
Fear
Fast paced hard to keep up
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVJuly 11, 2017
This job was a good job for a CNA but again the job had management higher up people that did not do a good job running it. Also scheduling was very messed up you would work 10 days straight then receive maybe 2 days off.
Pros
Good Work kept busy
Cons
No days off
critical assess hospital
Charge nurse Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVJuly 10, 2017
patient load varies from 4-20. Difficult computer charting--not nurse friendly. No retirement employer contributions. extreme variations in nurse pay--not based on experience, education, senority
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVMay 15, 2017
Mandated every shift if you like living at a hospital it's a perfect job they do give alot pto time ugly uniforms for the CNA good food low pay if it wasn't for the overtime
Laboratory
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVMarch 22, 2017
The Laboratory at Grafton City Hospital is staffed with highly trained MT's and MLT's who give Taylor County the highest level of Lab Care in the comfort of their own city. Sometime there is a lack of trust and communication, but when you get down to it, the lab techs work well together .
Pros
Salary and good co-workers
Cons
Manager/Employee Confidentiality
Laboratory bad working environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVFebruary 28, 2017
The manager is difficult to work for. He is manipulating and controlling and often dishonest. The environment is hostile as everyone has been lied to and stabbed in the back by manager and others. Everyone is guarded and suspicious.
Productive place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Employees were really nice and would provide anyone help if needed. Teamwork is key. Department head nurse was very rude to her employees as well as some charge nurses.
Good Student experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVOctober 20, 2015
Assist health care providers where needed, file patients' medical records, draw labs, call and remind patients of their appointments, take vitals, etc....
Pros
Easy to work for
Cons
only temp for externship
Excellent place to extern for my student nurse rotation. The staff is eager to assist me in my learning and eager to let me assist in patient care.
Student Externship (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day I dispense prescription medication to patients. I care and evaluate patients needs and disease process. I enjoy my co-workers, mentors, because they allow me freedom and assistance in new things that I am not familiar with.
Close to home
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVJanuary 20, 2015
Good co-workers, not enough staffing would be the hardest part of the job, The residents appreciate all that you do for them. The management can be difficult to work with at times. Long hours mandating to cover staffing shortages.
Productive and a good place to work
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVAugust 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working there....Co-workers were a blast to work with and a normal day was that we all worked together.
Poor place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WVAugust 5, 2013
Staffing was very good. But the hospital laid off most of the registered nurses working in the long term care setting. Management not very helpful.
Review
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVJuly 21, 2012
Positives- 12 hour shifts, good coworkers.
Negatives-getting attached to your residents.
Enjoy working with the elderly. It is fun and learning experience.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WVJuly 7, 2012
I enjoy taking care of people and listening to them. You always learn to be patient and courteous. Helpful to families. A typical day is very busy. Taking care of residents, and laughing and joking with them. Support them as needed. Co-workers-workiing as a team is very important. Hardest part of the job would be trying to redirect several residents at one time when behavior issues occur.
Pros
free ceu's offered at times
Cons
having to work long hours at times.