Graham-Windham Employee Reviews

Gw
Primary Case Planner-Adolescents Division (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Unfortunately I did not stay at Grand Windham very long. I started working there after being laid off. Eventually I was called back to work at my former job and left GW. While worker at Gw the staff was nice and friendly.
Task orientated, celebration at all levels, and inclusion sensitive.
TFFC/ FPPS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2017
Overall a good company trying to balance work and wellbeing of staff. However, more force is on clients and not staff's health. Long hours to accomplish workload assignments. Celebration of staff to goes beyond the call of duty, holiday celebration, fun Fridays and inclusion consciousness.
Pros
Celebrating staff
Cons
Staff's safety and health
fun place to work helping children and families
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 19, 2016
I enjoy waking up everyday to come into work to work with the children and the families. it brings a joy to my heart to be able to help a child in need
Pros
working with the children and families
Cons
healthcare
Excellent Child Welfare Organization
Director of Preventive Services (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2016
-Excellent leadership.
-Agency vision is transparent to all staff.
-Great collegial relationships.
-Great work environment.
Pros
Leadership of agency
Cons
Lack of consistent supervision
Learning experience
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TREATMENT FAMILY FOSTER CARE (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkMarch 2, 2014
It was a learning experience working within a foster care system.
Workers tend to try and bond pending on the department your in.
the hardest part is not being able to provide the resources needed for the families you service.
Most enjoyable is the look on the families face.
Pros
End of fiscal year perks
Cons
Not forth coming
A great company
Recruitment and Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2014
An Excellent team work environment, The co-worker very professional, had a very good relationship
Pros
A great benefit package
Cons
N/a
very successful candidate
Child Care Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2013
MBA student with a strong background in Accounting and Finance poised to leverage
education and experience toward a successful career with an organization seeking a team
player committed to supporting organizational objectives.
Pros
less working hours
Cons
like of assignment
Great co-workers
Foster Care/Preventive Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2012
In starting this particular job I was never sure how long i wanted to remain in the position of foster care case planner. From the start my then supervisor made me feel comfortable and would give constructive criticism when needed. This job was a job which I did out of feeling good that I was possibly making a difference in a family's life whatever the outcome. I would say the hardest part of the job was trying not to get personal emotions involved. The best part of the job was my co-workers no matter how bad of a day i was having they would always help bring out the best in it.
Pros
sense of community, comfortable work environment
Cons
low pay for so much work, lack of support from administrative staff
My experience at Graham-Windham was gradifying as a first time work experience.
Family Daycare worker (Former Employee) –  Harlem areaJanuary 20, 2012
As noted this was my first employment in the social service field. I gained an understanding of how to work with families and caregivers that assisted me in developing a wor style in my later employments. If not for the lack of benefits I might have remained in empoy there longer.
Pros
a good learning experience.
Cons
lack of benefits