Graham Packaging Company Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and good company to work for.
BLOW MOLDING MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 19, 2016
A typical day would be operating a blow molding machine. Feeding preforms into a hopper, doing quality checks on the bottles, gauge checks on the equipment and keep palletiser operating properly. I learned how to use complex machine computer operations. I also gained experience in quality control and inspection. There were a great group of managers. You ran and operated the machine alone so there was not much interaction with other employees. I got along with everyone I was around either way. The hardest part of the job was working swing shifts every two weeks. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was an interesting job and you never stopped learning.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Working swing shifts
Great team enviroment. Enjoy working with co-workers.
Senior Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 3, 2016
Enjoyed travelling to the plant to fully understand manufacturing facilities. Audits very educational - fixed assets, raw materials, SOX audits.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
constant change in upper management
Biased and Negative enviroment
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Hours were altered by management after summited by employee.
Work procedures were altered on line without notifying employees creating poor integrity and moral code of ethics.
Good Company
Warehouse Supervisor/ B/U Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2015
Very well put together Company, solid and decent structure especially in regards to Human resources, good safety culture, very decent company in regards to Organization and procedures.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Healthcare
Fast paced enviorment. Invested alot of time in training and advancing employees education.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  york,PA.September 19, 2015
Great growing company to work for. Senior staff very easy to along with. The company's leadership has high expectations of its employees, but an even greater commitment to help them achieve.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Rotating 12 hour days.
I started like a packer was very nice
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Graham Packaging comp give every vary the chance to crow in tis company this is wait I worked there for more tham 10years plus they give people the chance other company dont offer,supervicer there very good whic people,I have the chace to me whic company owner Mr,Graham him self.
Pros
righ place to work
Cons
some people on the floor
Pathetic, Pitiful, and Painful
Manager (Former Employee) –  YorkJanuary 19, 2015
With a turnover rate of 50% alone is enough for anyone to question one's long term professional goals in this company. The company is about 20 yrs behind corporate America with fundemental processes. The incompetence and overbearing politics create a unprecedented level of unecessary stress.

This is not a good company as previously outlined in the reviews.
Cons
ineptitude
Dont work here!
Forklift / Dual Forklift / Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 23, 2015
They don't respect their employees. Bottom line they push safety, but the truth is production is more important to the management.
Cons
They dont respect their employees
review
Production Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2015
I have worked for Graham packaging, in Vicksburg, ms and Houston, tx. I have worked the night shift for 10 years.
My co workers and I work together well. \
it was not that bad but they could do better
Quality Control/Production Worker/Leadperson (Former Employee) –  BerkeleyAugust 13, 2014
Labwork,Lineworker,I learned that whatever you do try your best and do what makes you happy .Management was ok not all but some. Coworkers some had attitudes and some were easy to work with.Hardest part of job was the attitudes management couldnt make there mines up and favoritism. the most enjoyable was going to work everyday and waiting for the day to be over with
Pros
picnics, lunches
Cons
no christmas parties, no incentives programs, insurance high

Want to know more about Graham Packaging Company?

Ask a question
Everyday was different and challenging, wore many hats, direct input
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCNovember 8, 2014
I had many responsibilities and had my hands in each part of the plant operations as I was responsible for the bottom line. I interacted with suppliers, vendors, all departments at the plant as well as upper management on a daily basis. Worked with manufacturing to reconcile inventory, schedule production & PM's to meet customer orders.
Hardest part was to meet corporate deadlines for reporting KPI's with limited staffing but that ended to be the most enjoyable part of my job by meeting those targets due to prioritizing & making processes work more efficiently to get the job done.
I enjoyed helping plant personnel with health insurance, payroll, workers comp, performance review and employee involvement programs.
Pros
agreesive deadlines, long hours
Cons
great pay, vested in succcess of operation, making decisons impacting bottom line
Busy and Productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Short minute meetings to follow up with production before initiating shift. I've learned different techniques when handling material. It's a bit difficult to maintain optimism in negative environment where others are not honest and responsible of their actions and duties. I enjoy being productive and recognize that I'm a valuable asset to the company.
Pros
3- day weekend off every other week
Cons
employee work ethics
Thumbs up - Growing Company, Good Capital, Many Facillities in Great Family Locations
PLANT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  - Not Provided -February 10, 2013
Great people to work with at all levels. Corporate Headquarters in an unfortunate location - York PA. The company is growing and recently acquired by Rank, which should bring good changes. Pay for managers is above average, bonus recently reduced, but the benefits (once seen as a shortfall) are improving overall. Some of the leaders at the director level are quite excellent, very respectable people, but some difficult to communicate up to. The top-down management style, prevailing for so long at Graham, is beginning to fall back to 360 evaluation and a more collaborative environment.
Pros
great people to work with on all levels.
Cons
top-down management culture deeply set, but improving.
high stress lack of communication
pet blow molder operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 2, 2013
a typical day at work would be very stressfull, thers is very little trainig,supervisors and managers are very demanding. the hardest part of the job is the day to day changes in policies with very little notice.the most enjoyable part of the job would be your own accomplisments, hi production very good quality.
Pros
the pay
Cons
short breaks unpaid lunches
People are very enthusiastic & All willing to work at fast pace.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 13, 2013
A typical work day requires me to run around at a fast pace and get various task done, from the recieving line to booking and stocking. I learned a great deal of things there from production line to grinding plastic bottles work required being on feet all day and I never had a problem. Managment was the nicest ive ever worked with they were all good team motivater & keep everyone on their daily duties, Co-Workers very easy to get along with one of the co-worker i meet the 1st on the job picked me up from home also took me to and from work. Hardest part of the job was climbing high latters and knocking off oil bottles stacked up on cardboard. Most enjoyable about work that it actually never seemed like work and the day past by fast.
Pros
great parking spaces
Cons
average break times
Great place to work at
Logistics Supervisor / Back up Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Great place to work at,
Have had the oppurtunity to enhance my leadership skills.
Good team work from management.
Work can be streesfull at times due to short handed on man labor
Being able to acomplish work load and make it work with what I have
Pros
great team work
Cons
advancement oppurtunities
Continuously challenged by myself to do better; pleasant place to work
Machine Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 3, 2015
I loved the technical aspect of my job. It was continuous self growth supported by management and supervisor staff. Really enjoyed my time at Graham.
High paced, clean environment.
Fork-lift-driver (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAJune 6, 2012
Worked independantly and as a team player. Co-workers very copperative. Only problem was warehouse staging area was very limited on space in order to stage the product prior to shipping. Best part was the cooperation of co- workers.
Pros
good pay scale, breaks when needed.
Cons
lack of communication from management.
Good for someone who needs to stay busy
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pays good. Management stinks. No room for advancement.
Must be able to be flexible with what days you work because of customers production scheduale
Great place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 5, 2012
Great operation that is concerned about the safety of the employees. Encourages continuous improvement ideas from all levels and tries to implement them.
Pros
great work environment and great people
Cons
12 hr shift on rotating nights, seasonally affected work hours with occassional layoffs on hourly side.

Graham Packaging Company Reviews by Location