Graham Packaging Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
production (Current Employee) –  LexingtonJuly 1, 2016
Good company and great pay. A daily challenge and good people to work with and for. No big complaints about the company. I like working at the company.
Shipping And Receving
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 20, 2016
My typical day at work would be they gave us computer parts and
a work order and we had to check off the sku numbers on the work order and put the computer parts in the boxes for the customers and
labeled the boxes with their labels and taped the boxes.
very productive mother of one love to work and spend time with my son
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Hazleton PennsylvaniaJune 13, 2016
i heard about this company and i would like to work for you guys especially to maintain my son and myself i also heard that gramham packaging is a good place to work and also the pay rate and friendly people im a single mother of one and my son is 1 years old
Good paying job
Downstream,Operator2 (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAJune 10, 2016
The coworker's are like family. You knew you had work every day, health,dental, and eye insurance, 41ok. I learned how to operate machines, clean and fix them. The manager was not nice to the employees. The hardest part of the job was working by yourself while running more than one line with multiple machines and task to do. Sometimes you wouldn't get a lunch.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
would not hire new employees who left and made us do multiple work short breaks and no extra pay, Sometimes no lunch, They didn't care about your safety, Production and making money for the company came first, Too much favoritism
Horrible place to work
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  500 Windsor street, York, PaJune 9, 2016
Forget a maintenance electrician position. The crew I worked with was very unfriendly. They had there own little group and wanted no one else in it. It use to be a good place to work....no more, it sucks. Forget this place, there are much better places out there. I'd rather dig ditches then to work as a maintenance electrician there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Hostile work invironment
I enjoy working on the machines and making product
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, NCJune 7, 2016
This seems like a good place to work so far, NO Heat or AC and the hour are different from week to week, the people seem good to work with and for. this job is not for everybody.
Pros
pays good
Cons
hot in the summer, cold in the winter
productive and safe work place
Packaging handler/ Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64120May 26, 2016
exciting job, challenging but yet fun, employees were a team and worked together. The job was never boring always new challenges
n/a
Blow Mold Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 4, 2016
I really don't care to write a review. I just need to find a job, and am not interested in any serve. I don't wanna talk about that company.
Great job.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALApril 22, 2016
Everything was great till they closed down. They lost the Kraft contract. Hard work, great pay but they closed down. I don't have anything bad to say about them. Things happen.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
lost one contract and went out of business
Learning experience
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAApril 20, 2016
I found i was not suited to Production Management. I naturally move to problem solving. However; i did set a practice of reporting still used.
Pros
Great people wanting success
Cons
Too far Noryh, cold
productive
utility (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040April 12, 2016
There are some really great people that work there . I like it
it is what I like to do .It is a fast pace assembly job. You don't work alone you always work with other.
Cons
short breaks.
Fairly enjoyable
Shipping/Receiving/ Loader/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILApril 7, 2016
Depending on what I was doing, the work was easy, I would have preferred the Shipping/Receiving. I learned a lot as far as working in a factory, inspecting bottles, labeling, tagging skids, ect. The foremen were good, the higher up office workers, although fair didn't show much interest in the employees, they let the foremen deal with them. Co-workers, well some were easy to work with, others were difficult, a balance. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts, yet it made for the easiest part of the job in working 2 or 3 days then off for 2 or 3 days.
Lack of job security
Director of Operations and Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 30, 2016
The company was at one time a very good place to work. New management makes it very difficult place to work.................................................
Pays the bills, kills moral and your body
Blow mold operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHMarch 29, 2016
Management sucks like non other. All they care about is numbers. Equipment is not maintained properly and is outdated. Maintenance sits outside all day and smokes cigarettes while you fight their issues. Filthy place because of the grease and anti stat everywhere. The emphasis is on stuff that has nothing to do with anything. Favoritism is a culture there.
Pros
decent benefits, overtime available, coworkers bust their butt to make up for company shortcomings, rotating 3 day weekends off
Cons
Breaks are short, management sucks, dirty, the definition of overworked/ underpaid
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 28, 2016
Good place to work. Hard to advance yourself and to get further education. the employees are nice and easy to work with and management is friendly.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
high health care. lack of learning
Tough place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 16, 2016
Less than ideal place to work as management's drive to meet financial targets not congruent with investment needed to allow employees to work effectively.
Pros
It was a job. Great people
Cons
Aging equipment, lack of tools
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
This is a good company, which have great work environment. Good benefits, if you have the desire to do better they can help you with a better position.
benefits
Cons
schedule
Great co-workers but very bad managers
Forklift Operator Certified (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 27, 2016
Was working on my 5th year there at Graham Recycling (York) PA plant great co workers to become family with but management is beyond recognition.

Only thing i enjoyed doing there was training new employee

Very dirty environment

all management cares about is numbers
Vastly improving company
General Counsel, Secretary & Vice President (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Strong focus on improving operations and increasing customer penetration in the market place. Successfully implemented compliance programs and contract processes that protect the company without slowing it down immensely.
Frustrations never cease...
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 31, 2016
Management is a mess, hours are cut frequently. They get you hyped up in interview, with all kinds of promises, but it's all a mirage. They don't give equal opportunities to all employees for getting their time. Some people get overtime, while others can't even work 40 hrs in that same week, in the same department.
The only perk is the benefits package.
Pros
Benefits package

2.9