Graham Packaging Employee Reviews

Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 1, 2018
This was honestly not a bad company yo work for. It is a very fast paced job at times and sometimes a little stressful but what factory job isn't. Pay and benefits were good. Cant complain.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Excellent place of employment
Office Manager and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newell, WVDecember 30, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company and would recommend others. Graham Packaging treats their employees fair and offer outstanding benefits, health insurance, eye insurance, dental insurance & and 401k. The vacation benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Outstanding Benefits
Nothing good to be said.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IADecember 22, 2017
Really not much good can be said about this company. It was run poorly. It was a wannabe manufacturing facility. Seemed like a ma and pa run place even though it was a corporation. closed permanently.
Pros
I honestly can't think of one
Cons
They are closed
Nice easy laid back job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 14, 2017
It was an awesome job wish I could of went full time and was able to stay longer would probably still be working there as a fork truck operator and line operator
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short break
Title Graham Packaging
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 12, 2017
I have not feedback. It was a great job and friendly for all staff. It was a great learning time for me as a supervisor and my team with him. I hope them all the best.
graham
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 17, 2017
It was a pretty decent place to work. Hours were nice and it wasn't located to far.Liked the pace of work because it kept me busy and the co workers were all cool for the most part.
Management Choas and constant lack of stability
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 11, 2017
The management lacks any sense of direction or communication. I learned that just because a company pays well does not mean it is worth the unnecessary chaos and stress it will add to your life when the job lacks stability. Management picks and chooses what they will and will not handle, shows favoritism and lack of proper decision making skills or any at all. This plant will go under if it can not pull its head out of its bottom.
Backstabbing Managers
Machine Operator/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHOctober 24, 2017
Cut throat. Lack of communication,unorganized,doesn't care about employees. You have to learn everything on your own. Most of the workers are team players and get along but it is an us and them situation with managers.
Pros
Nice workers
Easy going
Package and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAOctober 18, 2017
As long as you get your job done no one bothers you. pretty easy job to work for. Just don't like how they send people home every day, how are we supposed to make a living working only 2 days
Pros
easy job
Cons
sent home too much
good place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 17, 2017
Great people, Good management. Culture there is good. No issues. With you want to learn there are people there that will help you if you show the motivation to learn.
Nivr place to work
Plant Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANOctober 17, 2017
It was a nice place to work in my position I worked everyone and working with others is my strong point. Cant say to much about what I didn't like about it was a good place to work, didn't plan on leaving but the position was no longer needed.
No way would I ever say to any one to go there.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 15, 2017
The place was a great place to work. Was! History. Today the people in charge of plants has there own click that doesn't care about employees and stop caring about employees and count numbers a long time ago. If I had to rate the employees I would say they are products of the Management. If the managers would pay more attention to the employee's families they' leave
at home. The company corporate office has taken just about every fun thing that builds a real team of a great working family. I very much doubt the managers even know what a real relationship should be between employees and manager should be. A bad atmosphere to work for employees. Most of the low scores I seen given are right on. I know because I worked for them and left because it was that bad I hated to even think about the place. Even the pay wasn't enough ( I made over 18.00 hour ). Still get ill today thinking about that place. If you can work in a childish environment, worked like a piece of equipment managers that don't care. Than this place is for you. But if your not, Don't apply.
Pros
Cons
Everything but pay.
culture is unhealthy
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 6, 2017
high school mentality, very clichy atmosphere. no support, people quick to throw you under the bus so that they can look good and possibly advance. basically a goo old boy network.
Pros
random schedule
Cons
watch your back
one big family working together to make a better life and product
Handy person (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 27, 2017
typical day- 6 am to 2:30 pm plus over time if I wanted it and if it was needed

what i learned- to work hard at whatever your job is that day

workplace culture- family

the hardest part- When the company was sold and closed. The company was originally called Owens-Illinois and Graham Packaging which was a competitor bought O-I.

the most enjoyable part- we had good times and bad times but we supported each other. We had good birthday parties, Thanksgiving and Christmas parties and some of us still keep in contact with each other.
Pros
job bids. always room for advancement
Cons
they closed
Very productive.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCSeptember 25, 2017
The management were a fun loving group, yet very dedicated to customer needs. I was a pleasure being part of a company that was detail oriented and promoted high quality
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Working 12 hours a shift made you get along with the other workers.
You were with them sometimes more than your own families.
Pay was good and vacations.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
they closed down
Over managed and too political.
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 8, 2017
Graham Packaging over-emphasizes on management and administrative tasks instead of focusing on how effective(not efficient) the plant floor is running. It's one thing to have meetings about problems and another to actually roll up your sleeves and provide a solution for them. I believe more effort should go into technical coaching and training. And that goes for management personnel also. Let the department heads do their jobs instead of bean counting and reporting.
Pros
Pay and Job Security
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Very hot in the summer, Politics
Good place to work.. Decent pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LASeptember 2, 2017
Relaxed work place. Off on weekends. Can work overtime if you want. Decent management. Decent benefits. Paid vacation. Ran machines and forklifts. Able to learn
Pros
Good paced work
Cons
Down time
Y-20 packer and quality control inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
Great atmosphere..union...great training...promoted from within...paid training....lots of benefits...team work i really enjoyed working here and learned allot....
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Graham Packaging
Material Operator / Quality Control / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, NJAugust 2, 2017
A fast paced production process environment with ample opportunities for advancement.
A team concept working environment with safety being a priority.
Benefits
Cons
Closing of the New Jersey facility