Graham Packaging Employee Reviews in United States

Learning experience
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAApril 20, 2016
I found i was not suited to Production Management. I naturally move to problem solving. However; i did set a practice of reporting still used.
Pros
Great people wanting success
Cons
Too far Noryh, cold
Vastly improving company
General Counsel, Secretary & Vice President (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Strong focus on improving operations and increasing customer penetration in the market place. Successfully implemented compliance programs and contract processes that protect the company without slowing it down immensely.
Update Later
Production Scheduler, Warehouse Management (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 26, 2015
Busy since responsible for more than one persons job
Chance to Learn more and more
Management needs more and more work
Co-workers are very supportive and a great team
excessive turnover tells the true story
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 19, 2014
People don't leave good companies if they are treated well and compensated appropriately for their good work. Constant turnover at corporate and at the plant management levels. If you are a slacker and you know the right people then you have it made. The people that work hard and care get slammed with extra work and ridiculed if they can't get everything done. There are certain facilities that are amazing to work for and with because their managers still care about their employees and those facilities are very productive. Unfortunately those managers continue to leave the company because of the increased stress and unproductive busy work. There are only so many ways you can tweek the same spreadsheets. The number of controllers assigned to the business units is excessive. I feel bad for them because they are usually locked in conference rooms for weeks at a time to get the budgets ready to meet unrealistic goals. The company has really gone downhill since it was bought out a few years ago.
Pros
it's easier to think of all the negatives.
Cons
poor bonus program, raises are insignificant our non existent, corporate management flip flops with the wind, a lot of cyaa
productive
utility (Current Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040April 12, 2016
There are some really great people that work there . I like it
it is what I like to do .It is a fast pace assembly job. You don't work alone you always work with other.
Cons
short breaks.
Busy Environment
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 30, 2016
I learned to operate different types of bottle assembly lines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the consistancy. The hardest part of the job was lack of work hours.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of hours due to being contract work
Very good place to work
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 8, 2012
I think Graham Packaging is a very good place to work. It has full benefits packages available for someone to choose what fits them best. Compensation is balanced with benefits. The work culture is relaxed when production lines are running smoothly.There is a high standard to the quality and quantity of product made with safety first. Due to the high demand of plastic bottling products this employer has excellent job security. Advancement is available if you want it. Management staff is knowledgeable to the business. With the revolving shifts allowing someone to work 15 days a month and still get 16 hours overtime, this employer offers great work to life balance.
Pros
with the revolving shifts allowing someone to work 15 days a month and still get 16 hours overtime, this employer offers great work to life balance.
Cons
when production lines are not running smoothly, it can be a little stressful.
needs restructuring
Production (Current Employee) –  West Hazleton, PASeptember 30, 2015
Needs a better onboarding experience for new hires. More training and cross training to ensure they hire and retain quality employees. Management needs an awakening. Spend money to make money.
n/a
Blow Mold Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 4, 2016
I really don't care to write a review. I just need to find a job, and am not interested in any serve. I don't wanna talk about that company.
Would rather take a sharp poke in the eye than work for this company
Reclaim attendant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 4, 2015
Dictated by investment company, lack of good management, and treated like a dog! Do more and get less is the mentally of this facility! Some co workers and are awesome others not so much. Learned quite a bit working in several different positions and glad I was able to walk away with more knowledge. Working 12 hour shifts was hard on the feet, but nice to have the time off during the week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck on Friday.
Pros
Only working 15 days a month
Cons
Management, overall the whole busines
It was a great place to work before they moved to Mexico.
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
The environment was fast paced and a great place to work. I would set machines with product to be managed by the machine operators. I would keep management of the machine product levels. I enjoyed all the team members including management. They brought a closeness to everyone there. They would schedule occasional outings where we could all unwind and make it a fun place to work. I learned various positions and would sometimes mandate other positions I have learned. It would sometimes get the best of me when trying to hookup railcars to either load or unload, being that the connections to attach to the railcars would be extremely heavy and I would have seek help from one of my team members. It would of been more enjoyable if Graham Packaging did not move to Mexico.
Pros
12 hours daily was enjoyable
Cons
Healthcare became more expensive
Everyone is expendable.
Lowest one on the totem pole (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Huge turnover of employees. Management is arrogant and you will be insulted and degraded every day. HR manager tells you they are doing you a favor by making you pay more for healthcare this year. Performance Reviews are a JOKE! Raises are not based on performance anyway - they already have in the budget how much everyone will get and you get 1.5 - 2% my friend. They treat hourly people like they are stupid and incompetent. The Corporate building is: 1. freezing or 100 degrees, no midway point 2. sidewalks are not shoveled before employees arrive at work 3. When it rains hard the parking lot floods and they don't tell us our cars are drowning out there.
Pros
at least it's a paycheck
Cons
everything
stay away
Automation Mechanic (Current Employee) –  hazleton paDecember 15, 2014
responsible for all equipment (allot) no one cares and just runs everything into the ground including people. high turnover,no training,no raises,no respect. Management is so bad, they don't no what they're doing. up to the people to get it done and management takes credit. everything there is junk. everyone crying. what a sad place.
Cons
management is terrible
Not enough direction or drive.
Plastics Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeApril 22, 2015
The Memphis Graham plant was not a bad place to work overall. I did notice a lack of drive and support from everyone in management except the plant manager at the time. When there was an issue it always seemed to be someone else's problem, leads were no where to be found and those who did care about what was going on started giving up due to lack of support. I will say that they were very good at house keeping and started implementing some great procedures to make individuals accountable for their work area's cleanliness and organization.
Pros
Clean place.
Cons
Lack of talent related to machine process, also lack of trust between management and the production floor.
It is a sad excuse for a Company.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 13, 2015
Pay is low. Everything is low about this Company. They have been advertising this job for a long time. There's a good reason for it. They suck!
Pros
Cons
Low wages
Co workers
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 8, 2015
It gets the bills paid. It seems that each shift is looking to pass off any work they can and nothing is ever done to correct it.
Pros
money
Hard work but very favorable work for a factory
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 27, 2015
Decent paced, kept busy all day. Had the right training to properly know how to use machines and fix them if you can without maintenance.
Not a good place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 13, 2015
Very low moral . A lot of pointing the finger instead of fixing a problem . The only thing this place has going for it is the pay . Its not worth it to me though
General Labor
General (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2013
Only worked for Graham In Modesto, CA for a few months. Pay was good, benefits sound good. Management Staff were friendly, except the fact that employees work very hard and long hours, there is no recogniition or incentives for them. let me put it this way: employees don't have much of an input on day to day production.They say they do, but they really don't listen. They don't care of there employees well being or morale. Basically, this company is 70/100 to work for and only because you get paid for it. But with ONE exception, it is 15/100 based on only one female supervisor. First of all, she is not professional, she treats new employees like there juvenile delinquents, talks to them in a scolding way,, and comments "whats wrong with you"? She strips a person from their dignity, Theres no amount of money to put up with this treatment. She is very rude! Fulltimers seem to be afraid of her, and always on edge. Iv'e been told by employees not to do a job a certain way, otherwise Female supervisor will get mad. For the company"s sake she is the only downfall. Employees have no morale, or motivation. They need to feel a part of the company and more confident. Modesto, CA
Pros
mangement staff are friendly
Cons
management gives supervisors too much lead on employees.
overall a good company to work for besides the old equipment it was a good job
Downstream Operator/Temp (Former Employee) –  las vegas,nvJune 4, 2014
very good company with room for advancement,typical day you come in have a meeting to find out what downstream you will be working once all jobs are delegated by the night manager you go to work.how to produce plastic bottles.management was very good always there to answer whatever question,my co-workers were very good helpful open fun to talk to,hardest part of the job downstream 2 and 3 always breaking down the most enjoyable day was final bell to go home after a hard 10hr day of work
Pros
good staff, good training
Cons
needs new downstream equipment