Graham Windham Employee Reviews

Child friendly enviroment
Education Advocacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2017
Working with families in the foster care system ensuring that they are supported. Very vibrant workplace with a unified culture. The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely seeing children reunited with their birth parents or adopted. The hardest part is undoubtedly the paper work and extensive hours of work.
Office AssistantOffice assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2017
Working in the office was a rewarding experience. I enjoy the volunteer work because I was able to work amongst people who are patient and willing to Learn the job. I have the opportunity to work under direct supervision of a patient considerate professional supervisor.
Pros
Perfect experience for volunteering
Cons
The volunteer program ended earlier than expected
Good
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
Nice relax place to work trainings are always ongoing. The management team is very understanding and are willing to work with the employees. Shift are flexible as well.
Over whelming, but productive and a pleasure
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 28, 2017
A typical day ay work for me at Graham became over whelming. I covered the front desk n the mental health department and covered the main receptionist area twice a week or as needed. I scheduled evaluations for the four psych doctors i worked with. I also created check request for all of our outside providers that provided services for our foster kids, created grids, input data along with a host of things.I've learned that there is not enough time in a day to complete all of your work when you work in foster care. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving the children and becoming a role model for them.
productive work environment for children to learn and grow
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Graham Windham was great worksite for children to learn and to strengthen their social skills. It was also a great environment to better their education.
Pros
great activites
Cons
unorganized
good place to work
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2016
autonomy and creativity encouraged
interdisciplinary team work
trauma focused agency wide
good supervisors
flex time encouraged
opportunities in other departments
Pros
schedules not etched in stone, nice coworkers
Cons
advancements depend on being liked
Medical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10457November 3, 2016
My co-workers are the best part of work. Everyone is like a family member. We take care of one another. I have learned so much here and everyone is willing to help you when you need it. The bonds I have built not only with my co-workers but the children (clients) are the best part of all.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no overtime
Intership
Assistant to supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2016
Learned everyday skills that would help for the rest of my life. Such as filing, answering phone lines, assisting managers, basic Microsoft access.
Fun workplace
YOUTH GROUP LEADER, West Harlem (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
I truly enjoy the different experiences I encounter working with children. Its definitely a fulfilling and fun job. It can be tough in certain situations but that's what makes you grow and learn as a person.
Pros
Free lunches and flexiable schedules
Cons
healthcare, part time, no benefits, low salary
Case Planner
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2016
Graham Windham pays well and they provide bonuses to all employees based on their yearly reviews. The job demands flexible hours and the job uses Solutions Based Casework.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Late visits
My review
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2016
Graham Windham is an excellent organization. I am seeking employment closer to home. I have been employed with Graham 10 years.
Pros
great
Cons
travel
Child care worker
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYJuly 28, 2016
The work environment on the Hastings Campus is not consistent. The administrators are not supportive to staff. Staff are supportive of each other for the most part.
Pros
The schedule can be flexible
Cons
no lunch breaks, residents are verbally abusive/ no Admin support
Humanitarians like myself aim for reunifying families and providing stabilty to the children.
Health Care Integrator/ Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
I care about families. I am a strong advocate for children and I am well aware that all children need stability. I look forward to encouraging families to complete their service plan and reunite them with their children if applicable. B2H provides the families with skills and prevention in order to enhance daily life skills.
Pros
Reunitification of families who completed their service plan.
Cons
Re-referring families and continuing to have patience in order to help them progress and flourish
The workplace was productive due to having a great team, however the lack of support from administration for resources and moral support was lacking.
S.L.A.M. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2016
The workplace was productive however the lack of support from administration for resources and moral support was lacking.
Pros
Worked with a great team at the site.
Cons
Lack of support for the program from administration
The environment is friendly and the staff members are supportive
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at my job includes answering incoming calls from attorneys, biological parents, foster parents and service providers.

Sending out referrals for my clients

Preparing reports for court hearings
relaxed workplaced more focused feeling
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2016
its pretty standard you come take calls and make copies I've learned to be more professional in terms of time management.
Pros
quiet workplace
the most enjoyable part of the job
Case Planning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NYSeptember 24, 2015
the atmosphere and activities on the job. They provide benefits and also provide excellent leadership trainings to help you succeed and supervise your employees effectively.
Always Evolving
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYSeptember 17, 2015
An evolutionary organization that usually is dub as being the pioneers of practice initiatives (across the board) throughout New York state.
Pros
Bonuses, raises, family fun activities (staff and clients), room for growth
Foster care positions can be challenging
Permanency Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
It was an honor to have work with many of the youth in the programs. Many had there challenges, but over all you could see the good in them all.
Pros
Working with the teens
Cons
Not enough resorces to redirect the childres
productive
home based specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2015
This company has many positions where they give opportunity to grow. Working in this particular position brings great satisfaction knowing I helped a child/parent bond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Windham. Our community is ready to answer.