Graham Windham Employee Reviews in United States

Humanitarians like myself aim for reunifying families and providing stabilty to the children.
Health Care Integrator/ Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
I care about families. I am a strong advocate for children and I am well aware that all children need stability. I look forward to encouraging families to complete their service plan and reunite them with their children if applicable. B2H provides the families with skills and prevention in order to enhance daily life skills.
Pros
Reunitification of families who completed their service plan.
Cons
Re-referring families and continuing to have patience in order to help them progress and flourish
Child care worker
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYJuly 28, 2016
The work environment on the Hastings Campus is not consistent. The administrators are not supportive to staff. Staff are supportive of each other for the most part.
Pros
The schedule can be flexible
Cons
no lunch breaks, residents are verbally abusive/ no Admin support
The environment is friendly and the staff members are supportive
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at my job includes answering incoming calls from attorneys, biological parents, foster parents and service providers.

Sending out referrals for my clients

Preparing reports for court hearings
My review
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2016
Graham Windham is an excellent organization. I am seeking employment closer to home. I have been employed with Graham 10 years.
Pros
great
Cons
travel
relaxed workplaced more focused feeling
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2016
its pretty standard you come take calls and make copies I've learned to be more professional in terms of time management.
Pros
quiet workplace
Always Evolving
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYSeptember 17, 2015
An evolutionary organization that usually is dub as being the pioneers of practice initiatives (across the board) throughout New York state.
Pros
Bonuses, raises, family fun activities (staff and clients), room for growth
the most enjoyable part of the job
Case Planning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NYSeptember 24, 2015
the atmosphere and activities on the job. They provide benefits and also provide excellent leadership trainings to help you succeed and supervise your employees effectively.
Foster care positions can be challenging
Permanency Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
It was an honor to have work with many of the youth in the programs. Many had there challenges, but over all you could see the good in them all.
Pros
WORKING WITH THE TEENS
Cons
NOT ENOUGH RESORCES TO REDIRECT THE CHILDRES
The kids are the greatest- is the best thing about the agency.
Case planner (Former Employee) –  BronxMarch 18, 2015
An enormous amount of work but can be managed. Friendships are formed among staff but you must be careful who you choose to associate with. Some have hidden agendas.

Supervision is 50-50. You can either end up with a great supervisor or you don't.

Some supervisors have lied during evaluation period to ensure hard-working staff did not receive any bonuses.

The children are the best once who develop a rapport with them. They are very honest and just looking for someone to care about them. Children will react negatively if they feel they are being lied too or not being heard.

Some people received bonuses and or promotions based on the closeness with their supervisor and or director.

Little respect for seasoned workers.
Pros
working with the children.
Cons
its who you know and how that gets bonuses and promotions
productive workspace with children
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NyJune 10, 2015
Working with children has been very interesting .I was able to strengthen my work skills and allow myself to grow. Working with children is something that I wish to continue to do in the future.
productive
home based specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2015
This company has many positions where they give opportunity to grow. Working in this particular position brings great satisfaction knowing I helped a child/parent bond.
Graham Windham
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2014
Considering that I work out in the field a typical day at work would end in a child smiling and learning something new for the future. Time management is necessary for any field you work in especially case work. My co-workers are delightful and are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when a parent/child or both are difficult to work with. Most rewarding part of the job is when you invested all your time and energy into a kid and you see the change and improvement
Pros
you get paid for training's, paperwork, supervision, services, etc....
Cons
some parents and kids are difficult to deal with.
Supportive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJanuary 18, 2014
The management team here is great. I worked on the campus in Westchester County. The AVP is one of the best people you can ever work for. She's fair and was always a terrific support. The only con was the hours were very demanding and you could work a combination of shifts sometimes. Otherwise, it's a fun place to work as long as you understand the work you're doing is important and you take it seriously. I met so many wonderful children and families during my time here and it was some of the best times of my professional career.
Pros
supportive culture, helpful management
Cons
Challenging but in a positive way
Behavior Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2013
I started out per diem and earned a full time position due to the success I was having with the families and the children. I gave children behavioral therapy, respite, and helped them in the community. My co workers were delightful and helpful. The management was great. The Hardest part of the job was being able to see the children as much as they would like you to due to the permitted time you have and the caseload. The most enjoyable part was the children and families requesting that I work with them even if I was transferred to a new case.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
change of supervision
Mismanaged as of 2007
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2012
When i was hired, I believed I was entering a great company and for a time it was. However following a management change at the upper levels, promises were made about job security however it was broken following the unexpected replacement of our director. With that every staff member that was hired under him was either replaced or forced to leave.
Pros
many staff were friendly and caring to each others professional needs.
Cons
replacement management was inexperienced and did not offer proper guidance when needed.
nice place to work. large grounds with riverviews
Custodian/Maintaince (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 7, 2013
much to do and learn here. nice people and kids as well. it was great working with them and seeing the kids grow and learn.
most days i did maintenance fix windows, doors, locks etc.. emptied the trash, minor plumbing,painting, fixed furniture. most of this i learned on the job. the management was great. fair people. most of my co workers were nice to work with as well. helpful and skillful people who taught me alot.the hardest part of the job was snow removal when it would snow alot and it was freezing outside. most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the kids happy.
Pros
good pay, benefits, paid holidays, paid vacations
Cons
company vehicles not in the best shape
Foster Agency
Specialist, Human Resources Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Busy from start to finish. Lots of paperwork.Lots of short term claims to submit. Lots of filing. I've learned how to work closely with others as a team player. I learned some computer upgrades. Got along well with Co workers. Worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was was working on employees accrued time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping staff to their satisfaction while they were out on leave of absence and had lots of questions. I also enjoyed most of the celebrations they had at work in reference to employee appreciation activities.
Pros
credit union, benefit resources some of the benefits they offered.
Cons
not entitled to all holidays. no annual or cost of living pay increases.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 30, 2013
They are a great place to work if you love helping people. It's difficult going into people's homes and judging whether or not they are good parents, going through their closets to make sure they have enough clothing for their family, making sure there's enough food etc. At the end of the day it's a great environment. The director has a my way or the highway attitude, but at the end of the day you're there for the families not her.
great work place
B2H Worker (Former Employee) –  Webstar ave bronx, NYJune 20, 2014
Everyone here works together to get things done and on time. The manager made sure my job felt easy and non stressfull. Ive learned how to deal with special needs children. I,ve also learned how to communicate more fluently. The best part of the job was working with the families. The children respected and loved when i would come to see them. I love to put smiles on people faces.
Pros
pay rate
Intense caseload with long hours
Bilingual Case Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Overall my experience was a positive one. The organization is going through a transformation so employees need to be able to think on their feet and provide meaningful contributions. Overhead management is exceptional and highly supportive as well as intelligent.
Pros
expanding organization allows for professional growth
Cons
human resources department is inconsistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Windham. Our community is ready to answer.