Grain Millers has an opportunity for a Network Administrator/Help Desk Manager responsible for configuration, operation and administration of network server hardware, operating systems, and communications links. As a leading manufacturer and merchandiser of grain and dairy ingredients, we are dedicated to the success and growth of our organization, and believe the investment in computer networking and information technology to be instrumental to achieving our goals.
Our team has developed an IT infrastructure designed with up-to-date, reliable hardware and software systems utilizing highly reputable server virtualization and SAN storage solutions, redundant WAN networking, and efficient application delivery systems.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong networking and help desk management skills. Excellent analytical, verbal communication and customer skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to work with a variety of user types and skill levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates with IT team in ongoing network infrastructure analysis, makes recommendations and establishes action plans to address needs.
- Implements and maintains network infrastructure hardware and software including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, storage appliances, printers, wireless access points, etc.
- Oversees maintenance and implementation of corporate security solution for all network endpoints, including servers, workstations and mobile devices.
- Occasional travel to mill locations (including Canada) for requirements gathering, training and deployment.
Help Desk Management:
- Manages helpdesk staff and insures timely handling and resolution of all helpdesk issues.
- Develops and maintains updated library of technical documentation.
- Performs advanced diagnostics and maintenance on desktop devices when additional expertise is needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- Five plus years of experience working in a Microsoft networking environment and leading a small team of technical support staff. Prefer MCSE or MSCA certification. Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field is a plus.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2010, Windows XP, 7 and 8.
- Fundamental networking using Ethernet routers and switches utilizing TCP/IP. Firewall configuration and monitoring. VMWare vSphere, ESXi 4 and ESXi 5. Microsoft and/or Citrix terminal services.
How to Join the Team
This is an opportunity for you to join a team of professionals in a workplace environment that fosters personal development and growth. Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued. Grain Millers, Inc conducts drug testing and criminal background checks.