Grain Millers has an opportunity for a Software Engineer responsible for developing and writing internal software applications and supporting existing software systems. As a leading manufacturer and merchandiser of grain and dairy ingredients, we are dedicated to investing in the success and growth of our organization, and believe internal software development to be instrumental to achieving our goals.
Our team has developed and continues to enhance: production tracking and quality assurance systems; financial and risk management systems; equipment monitoring and efficiency management systems.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong programming skills who is willing to support existing software and hardware. Excellent verbal communication and outstanding customer skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to work with a variety of user types and skill levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance existing modules in our PHP based web-application
- Design and implement new systems to support our milling operations
- Update existing SQL Server databases to support new data collection requirements
- Travel up 25% to mill locations (in the United States and Canada) for training users and hardware installation
- Travel to mill locations (in the US and Canada) for training users and hardware installation
- Be on call and work outside normal business hours as necessary
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of three years’ experience as a software developer.
How to Join the Team
This is an opportunity for you to join a team of professionals in a workplace environment that fosters personal development and growth. Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued. Grain Millers, Inc. conducts drug testing and criminal background checks. This position is located in Eden Prairie, MN.
The job interview will include writing code and discussion of database design. If interested, e-mail a cover letter and resume to HR@ grainmillers.com.