Grainger

Grainger Employer Reviews

Its a good place to work fun and helpful enviroment
Machine Operater (Current Employee), Minooka, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Grainger is a good place to work. The people there are good to work with their pretty helpful. I get along with everybody. There really is nothing hard about the job, there's just no room to grow or to learn other things and that to me is a big deal because I like to learn more about the job or company that I work for. But other than that its a company to be at.
Bonding of employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: hours and supervisor
Cons: leaving the position
Contributed to aspects of Suppliers Performance via date changes, monthly mailings and receipt variances. Received Branch Stock Requests from the field and created purchase orders. Completed excess returns to suppliers.

Learned more about Inventory that I knew previously.
My co-workers evolved into true friends as well as my supervisor

Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Great company that is interested in your growth if you put forth the effort
On-Site Service Consultant (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great respect for employees
Great company to work for and shows much respect to the employees.
I learned to manage my time better to make a good balance between life and work. I planned weekly routes to cover different customer accounts daily and added in an admin day to get all accounts inventory and account information updated and organized.
The hardest part of the job was when software or site changes came about but there was always great discussions and team work to pull through.
The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with the customers and what all there was to learn from the different kind of accounts I serviced.
Export Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 17, 2015
I work with a close group of people that provide support country wide.
A very Team Oriented focus with great people and benefits.
Quality Systems Analyst & Supplier Engineer (Former Employee), IllinoisJanuary 14, 2015
Maintain and create Business Tools for the support of product introduction, supplier management and customer experience.

Visited and audited Supplier for new product introduction and continued partnership of ongoing suppliers.

Site and System Administrator for Department Intranet, SharePoint and SaaS CRM sites that were for Global daily operations for our US and Asia team members.
Didn't enjoy
Inventory Count (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHJanuary 13, 2015
i was temporary and didn't stay long. most enjoyable part was clocking out. counted inventory and that was it
fast pace never the same kind of day
Inbound Associate (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: pressure put on being error free
the benefits and pay is better than most, it is a fast pace limited error business, they do take interest in any personal problem or situation that may effect your job performance, overall there is some good and bad as with any company
Great place
DC Associate (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Grainger is a great place to work. Many growing opportunities within as well as health and education benefits. Very structured job.
Personalized customer service with a script?
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: decent benefits and no weekends
Cons: short breaks, double standards on everything.
When I started I loved this company but they slowly kept taking more away and made in a very uncomfortable environment to work in. Became more focused on a script than actually making sales and meeting customers needs. Coworkers were fantastic but management is filled with people who simply have no people skills. Call volume is too high and you have no time to do after call work and get in trouble for doing so.
GREAT COMPANY
Territory Sales (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 8, 2015
This is a great company with a awesome environment. I learned a lot at this position and loved going t work everyday. Co-workers are great, and always provided lunch. Just an overall great company.
Good pay and benefits
Director (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work/life balance and constant change
Going through a period of change. Good pay but work/life balance skewed.
Good place to work if you are near a headquarters. Otherwise there is not much growth opportunity.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), INJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: company car, cell phone, laptop, and benefits
Cons: they claim they promote from within but continuously bring in outside under qualified managers.
You start your day early meeting your customers. You met with customers either to present a new item, help them with a problem, sell a new solution, or as a follow up call. The customers for the most part liked Grainger so it was not to difficult to get in front of the customer. The down side was that we were so expensive on stuff it was hard to be competitive.
Great job with execellent benifits
Machine putaway (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: alway free lunches and pizza for overtime scheduled.
Cons: i have no complaints.
A typical day at work was putting a way product. I always had a good lead person who knew their job well and helped with any problems arising during the day. A good job was always rewarded with dinners periodically and with gift cars with monetary value. I did have several process managers most were fired. They came from within the company with 10-15 years experience from small branches applying for a Distribution Center job. They averaged 2 yrs. or less. It is a high volume warehouse. Grainger, if you do not know is an excellent company to work for with customer service definitely the priority. My co-workers were a high caliber of people. The pay and benefits were above average and it was reflected in the people who worked there and most staying many years employed by Grainger.
Great work life balance
Payroll Tax Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Grainger is a very good company voted one of the top 100 companies to work for.
Great company
Processor/ Putaway (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: work hours conflicts with schedule of a parent with small kids
A typical day is processing, or putaway freight as it is unloaded. There is much room for advancement in this company. The company promotes team work and excellent customer service to our downstream customers.
Excellent company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CADecember 22, 2014
This is a fast moving environment and very demanding in expectations. But not impossible to be successfull by any means. Never a dull moment or a spare second. I learned far more than even I realize, and the high professionalism of Management will make sure of it. Co-workers are just as serious about there job at Grainger yet keep their positive and secure attitude. An excellent place to work.
Counter sales
Counter Associate-Returned Goods Lead (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 21, 2014
Helping customers with the technical aspects of their merchandise selection. Writing and filling orders, as well as any other duties in regard to branch operation. Display set up and even freight unloading could be part of your day. We were a small well cross trained group.
To build a relevant and profitable product portfolio while delivering exceptional customer service.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILDecember 19, 2014
Manage profitability across multi-category portfolio, increasing sales and gross profit, providing technical support to Account Managers and customers, and securing and strengthening supplier relationships
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILDecember 16, 2014
What an awesome place to work and the people were awesome sometimes.
Great Company to work for with great advancement.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Austin TexasDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pay & benifits
This company hired me at 18 & show me the way to do great customer service. They have great management & all my co-works where the best people.

About Grainger

Grainger is no stranger to those in need of a wide variety of industrial products. W.W. Grainger distributes more than one million – Read more

Grainger Salaries