Grainger Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search
Great place to work at.
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 7, 2017
Great place to work. Take calls for internal employees to help with computer systems connections, reset passwords and remote access to diagnose issues. Work culture is casual and professional environment. Great people as well.
DC dont know what direction its going.
Outbound Machine Team (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 6, 2017
You will work until everything is completed & they don't care if you have kids or not to pick up. Leaving before everybody work is completed will result in punishment
Poor Management and talent keepers
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
i worked for grainger for almost 4 years it went through many changes from top to bottom salary and commission could be better. focused on wrong ideas
Pros
training
Cons
expectations and development
Great starting job right out of college. Learned different skills every day whether it was sales related or communication related.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2017
The motivation on calls every day were based on our three performance drivers. Make calls to expand contacts, safety conversations, red pass sign ups.
Pros
Hourly pay, great benefits, friendly team members.
Cons
Compensation structure.
Overall Great workplace
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 5, 2017
Grainger is a great company to work for. The biggest challenge is to be competitive with pricing on items. Grainger prides itself on the customer experience and services.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation structure always changes
Pleasant company to work for
Order Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 3, 2017
Nice company to work for , they are very competitive to other companies. This company slogan is getting it done the first stop one stop resolution. I should have never left the company the benefits and salary is very hard to beat at other companies. I like the fact the benefits starts day 1.
Pros
Match your 401k
Cons
Job security, Poor management
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2017
Job started out great then they took away part of the commission plan and it just went down hill from there. Nothing I was told in my interview process was completely true was told this was a sales center not a call center but it is in fact a call center
Excellent working environment with good people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Grainger and working for the management staff. Work never seemed like a chore, I enjoyed going everyday. I learned much about picking/packing and how to work in a team environment successfully. A typical day involved clocking in and getting my papers for the day and then finding and filling the orders. I most enjoyed the feeling of completing an order and moving on to the next one.
Pros
location, compensation, team members
Cons
no health insurance
Pays well and Accommadating
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VermontMay 31, 2017
Great benefits and works well with life happenings/accommodates. Customer facing experience different every day, can be overwhelming, duties aren't exactly evenly spread out.
Great resources
Regional Healthcare Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2017
over 4000k partners
great technology
great support
amazing people
Great commission
Amazing new and innovative products
Great support services
amazing local support
Breath and reach of market agents
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Competetive
Great Company
On-Site Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2017
Great company to work for, but with a competitive job market the pay is on the low end. Great working culture that allows you to progress and develop.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2017
The company overall has wonderful benefits, and a great goal for employees. The management can use update courses on how to lead and direct the team's for the goals required of the company.
educational work area
UPS HAZMAT packing informal lead (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 30, 2017
for it being my first job i was able to learn a lot within a couple years. i was able to experience new departments within the company and share and gain new experiences
good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2017
Grainger promotes a team atmosphere and provides cross training for its employees. The pay is decent for part time and its nice that they offer health insurance to part timers. Great place to work
Pros
health insurance
Cons
cost of health insurance. always want you to do more with less.
Great Company To Work For
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2017
W.w.grainger is by far the best company I've ever worked for the only reason why I gave work-life and management for stars is only because of my Buffalo location. If I was writing a review for any other location it would all be five stars. They truly do believe in working together and coming up with new ideas to streamline any new process. they offer extensive training and continued education to improve yourself. They also offer an advancement timeline where you can clearly see your progress. If you like to work hard and be rewarded with pay and a great office environment please apply for Grainger any position has her pros and cons however overall this company is great.
Pros
Cons
Buffalo Location is going through some downsizing.
work life balance is great - salary a bit low
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2017
Extremely flexible job servicing about 100 acounts. A lot of driving around but they provide a gas and car. Work life balance is ideal. Rarely bringing work home, or answering emails after 6:00pm. Managers can be hit or miss, my current manager however is great, pushes me hard and wants me to succeed. Really enjoy the flexible schedule, rare to find. Benefits are great, car, laptop, gas paid, health benefits, etc.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2017
Working at Grainger was a pleasure. Grainger is a place where all the employees take pride in their work and employees are willing to help out in different departments in order to get the job done. The management is respectful and committed to seeing that the operation runs smoothly. Grainger is a team environment and taking care of their employees is of extreme importance.
Pros
Free meals, employee entertainment, relaxed working conditions
Cons
short breaks, No overtime, not enough incentives
Customer Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2017
Working as a Customer Sales Rep targeting the OMB industry, finding the needed parts for them to complete their missions. Making the customers look at Grainger as the PREMIER source for any and all items needed for their business.
Pros
Great place, good customers, working sales over the phones.
Cons
Company waqnts us to sell extended warranties that was not worth it.
Work on your own with little supervision.
On-Site Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2017
Basically you find your grainger box and replenish anything you noticed was low on the last visit. Very repetative and little room for advancement. Overall not bad
Has potential, but not for everybody.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Benefits are really expensive compared to any other company that I have worked for. Payed nearly double what I did at my last employer and the deductible was higher.

Initial training was terrible and a waste of time. Only learned 20% of what was needed to know the job.

Management was okay, but spread across two cities, making it harder to have exposure. Job security is great though, but don't plan on getting promoted any time soon.

Company started pushing a membership program to SMB and some Enterprise companies, even when it wasn't the right fit.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule/office time.
Cons
No team-building, benefits are expensive for the coverage you get

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grainger. Our community is ready to answer.