Grainger Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search
Lack of managment interation/training
Manufacturing Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 5, 2017
Do not train well in the environment in which they are working. Management is disconnected to employees due to proximity of location and where employees are located.
Great people to work with
Keepstock Onsite Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2017
Out of the 15 years I've been with the company I've grown personally and professionally. The company invest a lot into their employees and the benefits and pay are top notch. There have been many changes through out the years I've been with the company more the last 2 years than ever. The company is changing to meet today's times and upgrades. That also means downsizing where needed.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of changes
A good place to work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJMay 4, 2017
the work enviroment is good the sala ry is good and so are the benefits gettng time off is a little frustrating sometimes the calander fills up pretty fast
Challenging place to work
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 29, 2017
Must be flexible and fast learner. Must be very comfortable with computers and knowledgeable. Answering phones for full shift and processing orders...
Great place to work.
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCApril 29, 2017
I had a really nice trainer. Very friendly people and bosses. Good equipment and large facilities. Safety was the number one priority. I didn't feel under pressure when I worked there.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 28, 2017
Works with hours while going to school. Great family like atmosphere. Benefits are really great for a family and the job is not overly difficult, just a lot to learn.
Years ago
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
My review on Grainger is not valid as I worked there 10 years ago. At the time, the culture was very KPI driven and strict to achievement of very limited and specific sells goals to exclusion of most anything else.
Pros
Predictable
Excellent place towork
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2017
Great place to work, with excellent people. Great benefits and opportunities. Meet some good friends and good people. Company, for the most part, takes care of their people.
Pros
good people
Cons
strict rules
A very good place to build your career
Customer Information Representative (Current Employee) –  WaterlooApril 27, 2017
Lots of opportunities to advance. Good culture, lots of inclusivity. I've been here 5 years and I have been promoted several times. I really enjoy all the extra benefits such as profit sharing health , dental PTO etc.
Grainger is a great company to work for
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 24, 2017
Grainger was a great place to work. The work life balance is great and their benefits were good. They improved on their system and the people were great. I would love to work there again if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Profit Sharing with the employees, training and management
Cons
More diversity.
Great company with excellent benefits!
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 23, 2017
Grainger is a great company to a part of. Grainger offers excellent pay with benefits and awesome training.

Typical day would consist of partnering with the customer to explore the best possible solutions to satisfy the customers needs.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Constant change in management
good company
Sales & Customer Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 22, 2017
Grainger is currently implementing many changes. Only the future will tell if these will benefit or hurt the company. Many long time employees are unfortunately being effected and losing their positions for these reasons.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
constantly changing policies
It was very tight shift over there they were easy going and fun at one point and then at another point they would get on you for no reason
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2017
I would come in and expect to make x number of calls and convince customers from my accounts to buy more from us.
I learned a lot from the selling and corporate aspect of what a big company is like.
Pros
own cafeteria eating area
Cons
short breaks, had to pay for your own snacks, bathrooms half the time didnt work
Very good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, IL 60045April 20, 2017
This company puts their customers first always. Every department at Grainger works together to help one another which helps the customer. Their motto is Get It Done and they really do.
Pros
work life balance they promote
Cons
long days
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILApril 20, 2017
Productive & fast pace. The company was very secure. They took take of its employees & customers. They had good benefits & is a job you could retire off.
Pros
Free lunches, a lot of PTO & OT
Cons
Very physical work
Horrible
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2017
working here was bad. Poor management, no career advancement, horrid pay. Went into the position thinking it was a sales position, but all it is, is a call center. Do not be fooled!
Pros
Weekends
Cons
No advancement, management
Great workplace
Customer Information Agent (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILApril 19, 2017
I loved working at Grainger. The people were great, pay was ok. I liked that I was able to have a flexible schedule in case something random came up and I had to change my schedule
Strong culture
Sr. Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 19, 2017
I am a contractor however seems to have great benefits and a strong culture. People seem to like to work here. I work remote so I do't have as many interactions with others, which is fine
relaxed atmosphere
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
employees and employer where great to work with. atmosphere was great. company was employee conscience. benefits were great. incentives were intriguing
pay is decent
Sales and Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 12, 2017
The pay is decent, and that's what keeps people working there. It's a decent job for someone that doesn't have a college degree, or has just started working after school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grainger. Our community is ready to answer.