Grainger

Grainger Employer Reviews

Great company
Inside Sales Lead Person / Customer Service (Former Employee), BroomfieldAugust 14, 2014
The corporate office decided to close down this facility. I found this position that I was hired on for was not what I was hoping for. I did learn a lot about sales and customer service management. My position was to be an accounts relationship manager and to call businesses in a certain location in the U.S and find out their business needs.
Great experience
Government Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: autonomy, training, support, retirement plan
Cons: limited advancement opportunity
I enjoy the workflow and support given to me as a sales rep. Their focus is always on keeping me in the field, not doing admin duties. The opportunity for advancement is limited however and I am currently looking for an opportunity to advance my career.
Sales is a revolving door
Sales Management (Former Employee), IllinoisAugust 3, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: sales is micro managed
They have a massive sales organization that is a revolving door.

From sellers to sales leadership - there is no tenure. Yes, there has been a lot of expansion but that does not account for the overall tenure issue. Those that have ascended into Sr Sales Leadership have little or no selling experience with any organization other than Grainger. PK- one of the highest sales leaders is actually really great but his vision doesn't trickle down to his functional reports. High seller turn over rate that is justified by how the turnover is "coded". Most DSM's tend to micro manage the sellers and that is encouraged by their RSVP's. Many people decisions are made without organizational consistency.

From an operations aspect- outstanding company. Great service to the customer and expansive product offering. If you need to buy MRO supplies- you will be happy with them for sure. This company could be great if their sales arm would get it together. I'd steer clear if you are looking for a long term sales career or sales management career.
Good Company
Southwest Research Institute Clerk III (Former Employee), san antonio, txJuly 29, 2014
good company, great people, best non profit organization

gym on site, cafeteria on site
Good Benefits; able to work from home
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: work from home
My job is very challenging and every day is differant, never the same. I am able to use all my skills learned and put it into my current job.
good job
forklift driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 26, 2014
good job just did not pay well at all so I left there seeking a job with the railroad
Great place for work life balance.
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 25, 2014
Learn alot about business acumen.
The best part of working their was the people.
No difficult parts of the job had enough resources to get my job done.
Regular day was managing my team, sharing goals and objectives, coaching and developing my team, and watching over the day to day operations.
No one day is the same, a fast pace and ever changing environment.
Operations Process Manager (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 24, 2014
No one day is the same, a fast pace and ever changing environment.
Local management team is inexperienced in the sales/marketing division.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Central PennsylvaniaJuly 24, 2014
Unrealistic goal expectations. Heavy focus on non-productive administrative responsibilities.
Fun workplace at times
Packing team member (Former Employee), roanoke txJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits clean warehouse
Cons: certain people are heavily favored for certain reasons.
overall great place to work like all places can get a little frustrating not being able to move into the positions you want when your extremely capable. fun place to work and great group of people to work around. The overall management are pretty good people there are a few that seem a bit shady at times. Not a bad place too work but at the same time be ready to be overlooked for positions that you may deserve to someone the manager may favor at the time.
Great company to sell for with excellent benefits
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: strong company and great benefits
Cons: over complicate the sales process, undervalue sales professionals ability to for strong relationships
I truly enjoy working with Grainger. This is the #1 MRO provider in the country, and they do a great job of training and supporting there sales force, with the latest technology. Very positive place to work and the most enjoyable part for me is the interactions with the customers. Strong emphasis in customer face time, but extra requirements and admin actually restrict one from maximizing the precious 8-5 hours customers are at their place of business.
One of the best warehouses I've worked at.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJuly 21, 2014
Benefits are A+ along with the competitive compensation. Very strict rules and guidelines to follow though to stay employed there. Many people lose their job within the first month not being able to keep up with work flow. But overall, a great company to build yourself in.
Great learning environment
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: salary
Management taught me many things on top of the biological and horticultural aspect of the job.
Good benefits decent compensation
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Roanoke, TXJuly 8, 2014
Overall I think that Grainger is a good company and truly cares about there employees. However your experience will vary based on which department/manager you work for.
very high paced job actively working
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: yearly raise full time work always learning
Cons: had to relocate
The day always was new work job never same thing day to day.
learned to get it done
Very informative and always involved in production.
co-workers very helpful.
very long days of overtime.
Doing different jobs almost everyday not boring.
Fast pace enviroment
Transition Team (Former Employee), Niles, ILJune 30, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: they moved to minooka
Loved working here easy to get along with co-workers. Training was great. Great Management and always busy even though is was on ly a seasonal contract.
Unstable management leads to unstable teams
Developing Assistant-Contract Assignment (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor planning
This company takes a long time to confirm a position, this is after you've interview with them several times. In addition, the planning for who will perform what job function is pretty poor and they tend to hire contract positions without confirming a budget.
Filled orders, handled the manual labor well.
Order Filler (Former Employee), Kansas City,MOJune 25, 2014
Set hours, good co-workers, good work.
Filled orders.
Liked the manual labor.
Sometimes too laborious.
Great Place and Great People
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: out in field
Cons: little chance for advancement
It is a pleasure working with everyone at Grainger. I enjoy working with business owners and watching our partnership grow.
Very productive workplace- close to home and professional building
INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Niles, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: good base salary with commision opportunities- great benifits packager
Cons: hours are sometimes difficult-
Great place to work and lots of opportunities to advance. Co-workers are all professional and outstanding
Grainger is constantly training their employees and learning is a constant never ending challenge.
The hardest part of my job, I would say is the hours of 4am to 12:30 PM
Moste enjoyable part is working with international customers and internal business partners

About Grainger

Grainger is no stranger to those in need of a wide variety of industrial products. W.W. Grainger distributes more than one million – Read more

Grainger Salaries