Grainger

Grainger Employer Reviews

customer service account manager
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 26, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: drive to work, short breaks
Very competitive environment. See resume for more details on this job
fun, fast paced job, order picking, unloading truck,
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 24, 2014
pleasant job environment, good fellow employes, helped me learn forklift, scanning, cycle counting
Great work/life balance atmosphere
Services Team Lead (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: great work hours no weekends
Cons: no overtime
8-5 Monday-Friday
-Learned how to communicate effectively across all business channels.
-strong leaders to help each person be successful
-equal responsibilities for all co-workers
-so many products sometimes it can be difficult to guide the customers to the right solution.
-Most enjoyable part is laid back atmosphere and great work/life
Good Place if you have proper leadership
Account Manager -Business Development (Former Employee), NashvilleApril 22, 2014
Pros: start up bonus
Cons: poor sales team leadership
Great Company. Excellent Opportunities. Terrible Sales Team Leadership. You can't put operators in sales and think its going to work unless that person is educated.
Excellent Company
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, MNApril 21, 2014
Pros: market, company vehicle, training, support
Best company to work for! Great training support and resources that helps the most dedicated professionals to grow their careers and create lasting relationships/partnerships.
I haven't got much to say.
Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: built strong internal customer relationships on all purchasing levels.
Cons: compensation.
Going into my larger accounts and selling to my internal contacts all day long.

I learned how to manage multiple relationships inside an account and how to target different buyers with different purchasing budgets from the lowest to highest levels.

I rarely saw my co-workers unless we were at district meetings.

The job wasn't difficult but managing – more... a catalogue with 250,000 products to address a customers needs and also buying or sourcing custom products was sometimes difficult.

I liked examining my customer's purchasing patterns and fitting my products in above my competitors and filling in the gaps where they needed our industrial supplies. – less
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 17, 2014
Great inventory for any job situation and needs. People within the organization make the culture of Grainger what it is today.
Great company, challenging work
Market Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 16, 2014
Great company.

Challenging environment, high degree of customer interaction and engagement. Collaboration is encouraged.
New building with the latest Technology
Warehouseman/Receiving (Former Employee), Patterson, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: company paid retirement
Cons: pay is below $20 per hr, takes 5-7 years to top out pay scale.
Good place to work, the pay isn't the best it will take you five to seven years to top out which is alittle long. You may have to work with people that don't have a really good work Ethic. You do get weekends off which is a plus and if you don't mind getting paid below $20 per hr go to work here.
Good Company
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2014
Management is forward thinking. Goals are tough to meet consistently.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 14, 2014
I love working for Grainger, and It has allowed me a chance to gain first hand experience within an extensive supply chain. Grainger has improved my ability to communicate with internal and external customers. This has allowed me to garner profitable relationships with customers. Management has given me the tools to succeed and helped me further my – more... career in many ways. – less
Good place to work overall
Manager of Territory Sales (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 13, 2014
This is a great company as far as pay, and benefits. They do defiantly over work you though.

I learned how to hire and launch a brand new sales team
Great place to develop customer management skills
Account Manager, Territory Sales (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2014
Great company to work for! Able to learn a lot about customer management with this company. Company is focused on personal development and advancement.
So so
Dock Associate (Current Employee), Roanoke, TXApril 3, 2014
Go in a check in freight, put on pallets for OP driver to pick up and put-away. Management in some departments give their 100% to help team accomplish goal, while others tend to be passive. Co-workers are all very easy to work with. Trying to get a lead or manager to assist or provide tools to finish job is a challenge at times. Overall great benefits...and – more... good people to work with...DC not recommended – less
Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILApril 2, 2014
• 7+ years of IT experience in all the phases of Data Warehouse Life Cycle involving design, development and analysis and testing in various areas of Data Warehousing.
• Comprehensive industry experience. Have worked in Retail, Health Insurance and Pharmaceuticals-Healthcare domains.
• Good Understanding of Data warehouse concepts and principles (Kimball/Inman) – more... - Star Schema, Snowflake and Operational Data store (ODS)
• Worked on Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type 1, 2 to keep track of historical data.
• Developed Data Warehouse/Data Mart systems, using various RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Mainframe file and DB2).
• Analyzed, designed and developed Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes for Data Warehousing and Data Migration projects using Informatica Power Center including Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor.
• Developed Complex mappings from varied transformation logics like Unconnected/Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Union, Update Strategy and more.
• Expertise in Informatica ETL tool for developing, testing, Performance tuning, Mappings, Sessions and Workflows.
• Experience in implementing complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations, Mapplets, Mappings and Shortcuts.
• Worked with Oracle, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions Cursors, Indexes and Triggers and involved in Query Optimization.
• Experience on writing Unix Shell Scripts in Unix Environment.
• Communicate with business users to collect and understand requirements, socialize ideas among peers, and document work product
• Proactive in learning new technologies and updating my skills including Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills for meeting the deadlines. – less
Great Place to Work
Area Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Forest Park, GaMarch 27, 2014
Great Place to Work and great benefits.

Lots of opportunity for advancemant as well as a flexible work/life balance.
One if the best companies you would and could ever work for.
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAMarch 26, 2014
Cons: credit dept moved out of california :(
This company not only cares about the clients but they treat their employees like family. Huge company that knows how to get it done.
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist/ Tech Support (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 19, 2014
Pros: pay and work area
Cons: the current employees
I would start out my day answering phone calls and taking orders. I would review and answer email from customers to get the correct information. I enjoyed talking to customers and helping them find what they are looking for.
I enjoyed working with the employees there.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: fun environment and nice employees
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed working for Grainger. It is a very good company to work for. I was only working 4 hours a day for three days and needed more hours.
Great company that really shows its appreciation to it's employees.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 12, 2014
Tedious work responsibilities, but are very important to the companies overall success.
I have learned how to pay attention to detail and have learned several industrial regulations and procedures of the industrial sector.
Co-workers are great.
Hardest part of job is the number of different procedures to process different transactions.
Meeting new and – more... important business people each and every day is the best part of the job. – less

About Grainger

Grainger is no stranger to those in need of a wide variety of industrial products. W.W. Grainger distributes more than one million – Read more