Grambling State University

Grambling State University Employer Reviews

Facilities Director
Director of Facilities Management (Former Employee), Grambling, LAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great university
Cons: no state supported funding for university
Responsible for the Directing, Planning, Operations, and Maintenance for the university, the entire departmental budgeting process, ensuring goals of the university are met, while continually striving to exceed the campus mission expectations, objectives, strategic plans; while maintaining and building upon growth and history of the university. Insuring – more... accurate information is provided to Vice President of Finance and Administration, as well as the Cabinet of the University, and the University of Louisiana System. Responsible for all the university’s capital outlay projects ($1.5- $135 million), construction/renovation projects, preventive maintenance programs, computerize work order system (TMA), departmental budgeting (Using Banner Software), and labor relations with civil service employees. The employees included custodial (privately contracted), landscaping, carpentry, locksmiths, electricians, HVAC mechanics(contracted), as well as one facility planner, two managers, and four supervisors. There were a total of 86 employees.
• Manage the maintenance and operations activities, while meeting budgetary guidelines during budget cuts.
• Maintaining general control and responsibility for the physical plant of the University including buildings, property, furnishings, equipment, vehicles, and tools.
• Prepare data for budgets for the Custodial, landscaping, HVAC, electrical, painting, and general maintenance while controlling expenditures for these departments.
• Provide technical assistance to the administration as needed for building renovations and construction.
• Represent the university in capital outlay projects with the Louisiana Division of Administration. – less
Ra Job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Grambling, LAAugust 13, 2014
This was just a job to get me by. I dealt with students and their parents on a daily basis and it taught me great customer service skills.
TUTOR (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJuly 21, 2014
Fun environment & great people
flexible schedules
help community
decent pay
Poor Leadership
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Grambling, LAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: genuine people, fun, flexible hours
Cons: selfish and hypocratic people
It was frustrating to work with people who practiced the very things that make this work hard to live in sometimes. Talking about the students and the personal things that they were going through. It was truly hard to make it through my committment but knowing that my residents needed someone they could count on got me through.
College Workstudy
College Workstudy Student Assistant (Former Employee), Grambling, LAJune 25, 2014
Everything is already laid out for you and you know what you have to do. You are assigned a boss and basically the task that they give you is what you do everyday along with whatever else comes along. You start in the back and then work your way to the front desk. Its a relax job long as you do what your are suppose to you wont get in trouble or have – more... a reason to dislike the workers. – less
Not much money to work with.
Instructor (Former Employee), Grambling, LAJune 9, 2014
Cons: all
Worked two to three days week. Did not learn much. Management not in my league.
Life experience
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Grambling, LAMay 30, 2014
Enjoyed working with students and learned from them..enjoyed the experience of assisting coworker
Team work
Logistic Technician (Current Employee), Grambling, LAMay 12, 2014
Pros: fellowship
Cons: retirement
Working in an enviroment with all walks of life and working to a common goal.
productive
Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Grambling, LAMay 3, 2014
writing tickets, I learned that I would not want to be a meter maid
Student Assistant History Department (Former Employee), Grambling LaApril 30, 2014
A typical day requires answer phone calls and filing while at this job I learned how to operate the Job application system.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Grambling, LAApril 24, 2014
Nice experience, working with the Head of Department for Mass Communication and students. Always something interesting to do.
fun
Administrative Assistant/ Direct Service Worker (Current Employee), Grambling, LAMarch 12, 2014
the environment is fun
flexable for family
overtime is great
Safety Engineering Professor
Visiting Professor (Former Employee), Grambling, LAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: active, motivated learners
Cons: 43 students in the class
 classroom instruction of Engineering Technology college class, ‘Safety Engineering’
 developed curriculum and syllabus and examinations
Grambling State University
Internship (Former Employee), Grambling, LAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: didnt have to write so many tickets
Cons: walked everywhere
It was long and sometimes cold. I learned a lot too. My partners were very nice and we hung in there together
educational
Assistant lab instruston (Former Employee), Grambling, LAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: being in an environment i loved
I loved having the opportunity to help my professor and also get the experience with assisting with labs
This was a learning enviornment
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Grambling, LAFebruary 10, 2014
My professor instructed us on the basic tasks such as mixing powdered samples for the process for positron annihilation. We also used rotary evaporation to synthesis these mxtures before sending them for testing under aerospace conditions
GSU is an ok workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Grambling, LAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: nice people
The work environment is ok. This is definitely the place where everybody is somebody.
shcool enviroment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Grambling, LAJanuary 21, 2014
fast paced enviroment dealing mainly with students and paper work
Great Enviroment
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Grambling, LAJanuary 6, 2014
Worked using office related software. Supervisor and Boss both willing to teach me the ropes. Learned a lot about cutting check, running systems for tax info, budgets, and everything relatated in the office.
Very friendly
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Grambling, LAJanuary 6, 2014
I learned how to manage funds and how to cut and deliver checks to companies. Managed invoices and created logs for monies that was received.

1 2 3