Pros: great university
Cons: no state supported funding for university
Responsible for the Directing, Planning, Operations, and Maintenance for the university, the entire departmental budgeting process, ensuring goals of the university are met, while continually striving to exceed the campus mission expectations, objectives, strategic plans; while maintaining and building upon growth and history of the university. Insuring accurate information is provided to Vice President of Finance and Administration, as well as the Cabinet of the University, and the University of Louisiana System. Responsible for all the university’s capital outlay projects ($1.5- $135 million), construction/renovation projects, preventive maintenance programs, computerize work order system (TMA), departmental budgeting (Using Banner Software), and labor relations with civil service employees. The employees included custodial (privately contracted), landscaping, carpentry, locksmiths, electricians, HVAC mechanics(contracted), as well as one facility planner, two managers, and four supervisors. There were a total of 86 employees.
• Manage the maintenance and operations activities, while meeting budgetary guidelines during budget cuts.
• Maintaining general control and responsibility for the physical plant of the University including buildings, property, furnishings, equipment, vehicles, and tools.
• Prepare data for budgets for the Custodial, landscaping, HVAC, electrical, painting, and general maintenance while controlling expenditures for these departments.
• Provide technical assistance to the administration as needed for building renovations and construction.
• Represent the university in capital outlay projects with the Louisiana Division of Administration.