Grambling State University Employee Reviews

Thriving place
Student Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LASeptember 18, 2017
I really learned a lot working at the university. It is a place that it's definitely headed in the right direction. The campus is expanding and leadership is stable.
Pros
Healthcare. Great schedule. Great culture.
Cons
Short breaks. Can be stressful.
Outstanding place
Resident Advisor to Attucks Dormitory (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LASeptember 13, 2017
My experience with Grambling was highly useful, because I gained more knowledge and learned about new material for the field that I want to make a career path out of. It is clear that the journey to a career is not always a clear cut, but I have learned.
Pros
Lovely environment
Cons
Isolation from metro areas
Great
University Statistician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAAugust 17, 2017
Grambling State is what prepared for me for the real world and everything in it. Working here within the field of statistics allowed me experience I needed within the research and stat world.
Pros
Hours, own office
Cons
pay
Student advisor
File Clerk / Student Services (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAAugust 10, 2017
Would file students confidential information. would have conversations with student about school related street problems. would come up with resolutions to become more aware and focused
Working at Grambling
Student Worker/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAAugust 7, 2017
I loved working for the School that I attend and would do it again if I had the chance. It was convenient and gave me some good job experience. I love my HBCU.
Great work environment with great mentors
Research Student, Dr. Connie Walton-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAJuly 17, 2017
I was a research student for my senior year with Dr. Connie Walton. A typical day consisted of meeting with Dr. Walton to discuss the plans for the day then executing those plans. I learned about biodegradability of different polymers and proper techniques of using the scanning electron microscope (SEM) to look at the surface of my samples. Dr. Walton was great to work with because she pushed me to be the best professional possible. The job was not that hard to me because I love doing research in the lab and I understood the long hours that needed to be put in to making my research productive.
I loved this Job
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LA 71245July 3, 2017
My manager was awesome. A typical day would be quiet. To me the hardest part about this job was leaving. I could've stayed here for hours. The most enjoyable part about this job was the unlimited books I could read.
Great Place, Very Political
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grambling, LAJune 11, 2017
Do your job and everything will be good! Like most university's alumni have much to say. It can sometimes seem very political and negative but in the end everything works out.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work is just answering the phone, assisting people with things they need and organizing things. The management there was very good. I learned a lot of things here dealing with the computers and filing papers.
Productive workplace with plenty of benefits for me.
SECRETARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone questions and directing calls. Copying, filing, and faxing papers. Dealt with confidential student records and some financial records. Everything about this job was enjoyable. Many benefits came from working here while attending school.

Want to know more about Grambling State University?

Ask a question
Summary
Intern-Office of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Grambling, LAMay 1, 2017
I heard about position openings from a former student of Grambling State University. He told me I should take interest into applying for intern position at the company to gain more experience. I took that into thought about started to look into. I like that thrives yourself on always making deals with different companies and open opportunities for people who are willing to learn from what the company has to offer.
Fast paced job
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAApril 5, 2017
Loose work environment and provides you with plenty of time to spend with your family. The pay could be better in certain jobs. Each supervisor is very fair with understanding of employees.
Pros
Good hours
Family atmosphere
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAFebruary 8, 2017
An acquired taste

Some opportunities

Work is not developing

Depends on what you want

No raises in several years

No real issues just needs time
Graduate Assistant
Media Relations Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAFebruary 6, 2017
My overall experience with Grambling State University was an ok experience. As a graduate assistant, I was responsible for taking calls, conducting interviews, and collect news relating to the university.
assisant
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work was very informative. everyone was willing to teach an help out the new people. The environment was very family based.
Pros
lunches
Cons
breaks
Grambling State University
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAJanuary 25, 2017
I loved working at my alma mater. I gained valuable experience by working in the department of educational leadership, and even though I was not an education major, I was prepared to become a leader even before I was aware of my own potential. I would definitely recommend students, employers, potential employees to check this university out and give them a chance, it will change your life for the better.
Wonderful Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LANovember 30, 2016
I was able to balance work and school life. I was also able to learn a lot about dealing with sensitive situations pertaining to students under the Head of Management and Marketing.
Focused workplace
Head Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LANovember 7, 2016
Working here taught me amazing people skills as well as customer service skills. I not only did research all day, but I also had to help the college students figure out where they needed to go and what they needed to do.
Pros
On campus
Cons
productive and fun-filled work environment
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LAOctober 10, 2016
my co-workers and bosses were exceptional to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a liaison between students, families, and the school. The hardest part of my day was when I would have to write fines to residents who did not comply with residential life policy.
Pros
3 $200 stipends each semester
Cons
work holidays
Entry level
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Grambling, LASeptember 6, 2016
A great place to work. The work environment is great. And there is always something that needs to be done which makes the time go by faster.